10 Best rated indoor rowing machine for home use on Amazon
Rowing machine exercises provide a perfect workout for the whole body. Rowers are cheap, acceptable, easy and straightforward to assemble, suitable to train at home or gym. They can be used for cardio and power training. Doing rowing workout, you can lose the weight and improve your health and the body rather fast.
High rowing machine exercises benefits
- burning up to 800 calories within a training
- improve your body flexibility
- make your hands and legs stronger
- an excellent “lifting” for the skin and muscles
- row activity simulation is suitable for recovery
- safe for joints and back
10 Best Sellers on Amazon: Best Rated Home Rowing Machines
What is a rowing machine?
In general, any rowing machine is a construction which consists of a seat, a handle, a frame and a flywheel. Rowing exercises simulate the real rowing a boat. During training, an athlete takes place, then by pushing his legs and forcing his back and shoulders, returns to the first position. To make the rowing workout more realistic, some models of rowing machines are equipped with individual fans. This fan stimulates the wind blowing. The pulse is measured by a removable sensor (which is fixed to the earlobe, chest or neck area) or is adjusted into the grips of “paddles”.
What are rowing machines best type?
You decide to improve your health and body shape doing training on the rowing machine. What could be the best rowing machines for you?
Huge options are available for you to buy including Amazon.com. Not to be lost among the variety of rowers models, customers reviews, you need to concentrate on the type of rower which fits your demand in the best way. There are four main types of indoor rowers suitable for home use: water rowers, piston or cylinder based rowing machines, flywheel rowers and magnetic resistance indoor rowers.
You can replace row movements with “pull back ” or “full hands extension row machine.”
- Concept2 Model D with PM5 Performance Monitor Indoor Rower Rowing Machine Black or Gray
- This rowing machine is one of the most popular ones among the fitness experts and beginners
- The Model D is specially designed for the effective cardiovascular workout and not only
- The price is acceptable
- It is customised to use at home or gyms
- The seat is at a 14” (36 cm) height
- Include PM5. It can to many be turned in different positions. It allows the athlete to adjust the angle and height. The monitor arm can be tucked away for the storage.
- Nickel-plated steel chain requires oil every 40 hours for better use!
- The Model D is made of steel rear legs and aluminium front legs.
- Powder coat finish is very durable and has a good look.
Recent users’ view
“ This Concept2 Model D has helped me lose 30 pounds so far. It’s a high-quality machine and has exceeded my expectations. I’m so glad I didn’t go for a cheaper rower model. “
- Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Rowing Machine with LCD Monitor by SF-RW5515
- Magnetic tension system
- Adjustable for eight levels resistance
- Time, count, calories, total Count are scanned on LCD console displays
- Comfortable fully padded seat
- The grips of the handlebar are non-slip
- Foot pedals are large and anti-slip
- Built-in transportation wheels
- Fit for total body exercises for all major muscle systems
- Provides safe aerobic and cardiovascular exercise
- Dimensions for assembling: 82L x 19W x 23H in
- Weight user up to 250 Lbs
Recent users’ view
“I have bought this rower over three months, and use it practically every r day. It is solid and provides a fluid motion. The tension could be more difficult, but it makes me sweat, so no complaint there. I wish the bar were wider, but that is a personal preference. It is shoulder width, which is all you require. I like the fact that it does not take up much room at all. It will fit, even, in a closet with no problem. I set up my rower machine in the corner. It is not an eyesore either. I would recommend this rower to anyone wanting a full rowing workout, or to supplement a workout.”
- Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
- Full-range-of-motion rowing movements based on the water
- Motivation by multi-function electronic monitor
- The seat is comfortably moulded
- Hydraulic cylinder obtain adjustable resistance for a smooth rowing stroke
- The arms are foldable for compact storage
- To keep the feet secure the foot-plates are equipped with straps
- Comfortable foam padded hand grips
- Steel, strong construction of the frame
Recent users’ view
“I bought this water rowing machine from Stamina, model Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 in Dec 2015, my daughter, granddaughter and my self-use it at least five times per week for more then 2,5 years now and it is working great. I still love it as much as I did when I first got it. “
- EFITMENT Total Motion Rowing Machine Rower with Full Arm Extensions, 350 lb Weight Capacity
- Steel frame suits to hold a max weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- The large seat with pads slides easily
- Foam grip handles
- Velcro strap pedals
- Full arm extensions for motion rowing
- The hydraulic cylinder provides 12 levels of resistance
- Digital monitor to track your fitness
- Combine cardio and strength training
Recent users’ view
“It’s good corresponds to the price. It takes about 20 minutes to assemble and set up at home.
It is an excellent machine to row and train. I use it every day. It has the range I need. It is rather well-made. It is my first rowing machine of full motion rowing that I have ever had. As a beginner, it has all the features I need. After some time I believe in fulfilling all the aims I want. The digital monitor is very easy to read and also gives all the required information.
This rowing machine is cheap, compact, and works well for the most part. I want to use it in a small room, and It perfectly fits. It looks to function well. “
- Kettler Home Exercise/Fitness Equipment: Favorit Rowing Machine
- Six functions are displayed at the same time: strokes, time, distance, consumed Energy, pulse rate and frequency
- Provides a cardio improvement training
- Resistance is provided by two hydraulic pistons
- Resistance levels can be adjusted on each oar to give a challenging level of resistance
- Ergonomic footplates offer a full longitudinal rowing motion
- Padded full seat slides smoothly along a steel track
Recent users’ view
“ The Kettler home exercise is the personal rowing training equipment for my wife and me. It is an excellent option for improving not only muscular but cardiovascular health. A thick, padded seat with sealed ball bearings glides smoothly along a steel track for ultimate comfort. With this acceptable, but great quality rower, there is no more chance but to start rowing working out immediately. “
- LifeSpan Fitness LifeSpan RW1000 Indoor Rowing Machine
- Easy-to-Use Console
- Drive system with a 16.5-pound flywheel
- Quiet and Comfortable
- Strong steel frame
- Quick-Fold for Easy Storage
- Three-LCD readers show strokes quantity, strokes per minute, calories, distance
- Maximum weight is up to 300-pound
- Five-year warranty for the frame
- Two-year warranty for the parts
- One-year warranty for the work
Recent users’ view
“ Surely, I recommend this high-quality rower from LifeSpan Fitness. The price is somewhat reasonable for the home rowing machine. It is assembled very directly. Takes less space unfolded and folded compare to the most other devices for rowing workout. Smooth action. Suitable and comfortable for tall people. Sufficient tension settings for an average user.
Read the instructions before you start to row! You must insert locking pin when using to lift the front of the unit off for proper work of the device. My only issue is that feet slip off the bottom of foot pedals. The solution is to add a second foot strap for each foot so you can have foot strap at the heel and front of the foot. Each foot pedal has two slots for foot straps. “
- Marcy Foldable Turbine Rowing Machine Rower with 8 Resistance Setting and Transport Wheels
- Eight customised preset magnetic levels to match your target workout zone
- Perfect cardio workout
- Tone your muscles and burn the calories
- Helps to improve cardiovascular endurance and develop an upper and lower body
- Ergonomic parts provide accessibility, functionality, and efficiency
- The pedals are slip-resistant for safety and comfort
- Foot straps are accommodated for people of all sizes
- Row handles are foam-covered to avoid slipping
- Comfortable foamed, padded seat
- The monitor is adjustable to a multi-angle and forwards to backwards position
- Easy-to-read LCD panel provides the information about workouts
- Innovative foldable compact design offers comfortable storage
Recent users’ view
“ Easy to put the parts together. I’d like it more if I could make the resistance more strong.
A bit noisy but not enough to interfere with hearing the music or tv.
I’m 6’3 high, and it has enough space for my legs. It was not too problematic to set the machine up. Still works pretty good so far after everyday training. The tension on it is not too strong. Like it’s not heavy rowing, but it works pretty well for the price.”
- Harvil Hydraulic Rowing Machine Adjustable Resistance with Folding Arms, LCD Monitor & Safety Straps
- The firm steel frame will serve for many years
- Maximum weight of the user up to 265 pounds
- Dimensions: 50 L x 36.2 w x 20 H inches
- Weight: 34 lbs
- Hydraulic resistance is adjusted easily by the manual control knob
- Possibility to develop the potential of, the total body
- LCD monitor helps easy-to-read burned calories, strokes, time
- Rowing with comfort thanks to designed seat
- Footplates are equipped with safety straps even for large size feet
- Free repairing or replacement of defective parts within the warranty period
- It is an aftermarket of the generic part
Recent users’ view
“I wanted to purchase one of rowing machine for a very long time, but as I live in the apartment? I hesitated because rowers, as usual, are large training equipment and I have rather small room for them. This one however met and even exceeded my hopes concerning space saving. It’s firm, but at the same time compact. It easy to set it together. If you do not like to read the assembling instructions, you can be guided by a video on their Amazon page, which made it very simple to set up. For me, this model is the best among the variety of hydraulic rowing devices. I can keep it stand near the wall to store. It definitely worth the cost. Enjoy!”
Perfect indoors rowing workout for absolutely acceptable value. Nice compact rowing machine! My 13-year-old son and I easily put it together, then immediately tried to row. It works smoothly. The display shows the basics regarding strokes, time, calories, etc.
The funniest is that you can combine passive Netflix shows and engaging workout. Works well in different tenses levels. Well-suited for the whole family.”
- Goplus Magnetic Folding Rowing Machine Row Machine Rower Exercise Cardio Fitness
- Durable aluminium beam provides smooth and quiet rowing workout
- The seat is fully padded
- Comfortable when exercising due to grip handlebars are non-slip
- Magnetic tension system has ten levels of customised resistance
- Sizeable anti-slip foot pedals equipped by adjustable foot straps
- Suitable for the people of different age to practice fitness
- Large LCD monitor displays total strokes, calories, time
- Simple to use, move and transport thanks to built-in
- Perfect to be used at home and other suitable places
- Excellent trainer for professional indoor rowing exercise
- Full body exercise targets all major muscle groups
- Maximum user weight 220lbs
Recent users’ view
“ Incredible machine for the cost!! I had some doubts about what to expect, but I’m impressed. It was shipped absolutely in time, was simple to assemble, is very lightweight, but super sturdy! A great investment!! “
“ Decent rowing machine for the price! It arrived even a week earlier I supposed and setup was easy. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a good rowing machine but is not looking to spend a crazy amount of money on rowers.”
“ Easy to assemble and easy to use rowing machine! I couldn’t believe how quickly I put it together. You are not required to pay for the installation, do it by yourself. Perfect for full body workout with a simple display screen and an easy adjustment knob. The only I wish the machine could count how many meters you row. Otherwise great machine. I got the protection just in case, but so far it’s been sturdy. It’s also nice that you can easily to fold and put it away .”
- Water Rower Classic Rowing Machine in Black Walnut with S4 Monitor
- Handcrafted rowing machine with “water flywheel.”
- Simulate true rowing feelings
- The flywheel is placed in the enclosed water tank and guarantees smooth, quiet moving
- Resistance is self-regulate
- Monitor tracks workout intensity including strokes quantity, heart data, etc
- Wooden construction lessen the sound and vibration
- Upright storage dimensions: 84 x 21 x 22 inches (W x H x D) and weighs 117 pounds
Recent users’ view
“Shure at all! Not only the best rowing machine but also a beautiful, functional furniture. I use this rower 3-5 times per week. In spite, the display is not nearly as advanced as the competitors’ but it provides all the basic functions you could require. I’ve used different types and model of rowers in gyms but this was my first purchase for home use. It was an excellent alternative to running outdoors in the winter and as an alternative to running when the legs need a little more recovery time. I use the middle of its resistance range and it is still plenty challenging. So there is a ton of adjustability in that regard. It’s not quickly changed but for a single user device, this doesn’t matter. It’s a different feeling than an air fan but I really like it.”
“ Best investment I’ve ever made in fitness equipment. I am a really big fan of this rowing machine. Not only is it look amazing and takes up minimal space while storing, It’s a great and useful cardio and power workout. I use it in front of my TV for motivation. It’s quite, sturdy. This is a forever piece of equipment that can be passed onto future generations.”
What are the health benefits of using a rowing machine?
The research of fitness specialists confirmed that rowing exercises are the second act after ski races which involve the most number of muscles to be trained. Within doing rowing in the right way on any type of rowers more than 82% of the body’s muscles are used. Additionally, rowing machines develop the power, cardiovascular and respiratory system. They also are helpful to provide an effective workout to the strength of the hands and back. Rowing is considered as the training of moderate load and safe for people of any age with the different level of physical fitness. However, if you have any serious problems with your back, it’s better to consult the doctor before buying home rowing simulator. You can also try to do your first practice to row in the gym.
What does a rowing machine workout do?
Four misbelieves about the rowing machine
- A rowing machine workout does mainly training the muscles of the hands. In fact, during the rowing, the total body is involved: the shoulders, the press, buttocks, legs, and the back. The advantage of such fitness devices is that the power is distributed equally on the whole body. Of course, if the technique of rowing is correct. In any case, it’s better to start to row after consulting with fitness instructors.
- Training on a rowing machine is prohibited for those who have back problems. If you set a right body position and your approach to training is competent, it absolutely does not influence your back problems. It could even help to avoid them. The matter is that all rowing efforts are spread evenly on the muscular systems. And in this case, the muscles of the back play only an auxiliary role, and the spine intense is minimal.
- A rowing machine, basically, trains the strength and power. When practising rowing simulating devices, besides power body enforcement, a person improves the coordination of movements. From the first point of view, very simple exercises require the right concentration and coordination of the body.
- A rowing machine is better to use to develop the muscles than to lose the weight. Following the statistics, during one intensive hour of training with a rowing machine, you n can “burn” up to 800 kilocalories. Rowing is even recommended to people with high weight, e.g. mid obesity. Correct training with rowers is safe even for those who have high blood pressure. However, before starting workouts, it is better to consult a doctor.
Brief Summary of Rowing Machines
Health and fitness experts confirm that rowing machines guarantee a kind of the best workouts. Choosing and buying one of the above lists of rowers best sellers on Amazon will help you to improve your health and body in a rather short term. Working on the rowing machine, you train and strength with a big effect on your heart, different muscles, shoulders, arms, legs and back. At the same time, rowing does not impact the joints. Rowing workouts are harmless for aged people and helpful to recover after definite diseases and injuries. Right intensity exercises while rowing (with the rower) provide reasonable weight loss.
Let us believe that the offered review of the best machines for rowing stimulation will help you to make a right choice. Now it will be easier for you not to lose in a huge option and obtain the exact model most suitable for your desires, possibilities and aims.
Finally, the most crucial thing is to buy a rowing machine and start rowing exercises. The best rowing machine is those that fit your targets, your home place and of course your budget. Very soon your body and mind appreciate you!