Find it hard to do sports because of daily routine? The original exerciser Health Club Size is a great fitness tool suitable for a variety of aerobic and strength exercises.
Why should you choose it?
The fitness aerobic exerciser is the perfect sports equipment for men and women. With its help, you can make your dream body – fit and toned.
So let’s get to know more about this amazing product!
Original Health Club step aerobic platform
- Made in the United States from strong, recyclable high-density polyethylene
- Includes full-size (43” L x 16” W x 4” H) teal aerobic platform and 4 original purple risers
- The stepper features premium nonslip, comfort cushion top and supports up to 350 lbs
- Four non-skid feet on each riser prevents sliding or scratching floors
- Vary workout difficulty by adjusting platform height from 4” to 6” to 8” using risers
- Practice whole-body workout with The Step Original Aerobic Board – Health Club Size – the same step used in fitness clubs across the country. This assortment includes a grey board with premium support cushion top and four original black risers to create the foundation for any workout program.
- The Original Health Club Size exerciser features a wide 43” L x 16” W x 4” H stepping surface with a nonslip grip for added safety and a comfort cushion (non-latex) top that is easy on the hands, feet, and back. Burn more calories the higher you step with 4” to 6” to 8” board height options using the 16” L x 16” W x 2” H risers.
- Each riser is made with four non-skid feet to prevent sliding or moving during exercise. The sturdy risers can be used on any kind of indoor floors from carpet to concrete to hardwood without leaving behind scratches. The Step is a great home-fitness tool for beginners to experts and is customizable for a variety of aerobic and strength exercises.
- Made in the United States, this set is made from durable, recyclable high-density polyethylene that holds up to 350 pounds (or up to 500 lbs with risers). This product is backed by a 90-day manufacturer’s warranty period.
Step – aerobics can be practiced not only by coming to the gym but also at home:
It is correct to start classes in groups under the supervision of a professional instructor, but having achieved good results, you can purchase a stepper and practice at home with rhythmic music.
Thus, aerobics on an aerobic stepper is a cheerful and incendiary mix of dance and sport on an exercise stepper, after which you will become stronger and more cheerful not only physically, but also emotionally.
In order to understand whether this direction is suitable for you:
You can attend several test sessions. If you like everything, you can purchase a subscription, which is much cheaper in terms of cost. In addition, the presence of a subscription motivates you to engage in, without missing a workout.
- Made from durable, recyclable high-density polyethylene
- Includes 4 original purple risers
- Has non-slip, comfort cushion top and supports up to 350 lbs
- Prevents sliding or scratching floors
- Vary workout difficulty by adjusting platform height
- Does not include an exercise video
- The risers don’t lock in place
Stepper platform exercises
1. Basic step stepper – from the position “facing the step-platform”
At the expense of “one” we step with one foot on a hill, at the expense of “two” – we place the second foot on the stepper. At the expense of “three” we return to the starting position with the first foot, at the expense of “four” – we lower the second foot from the stepper.
2. V-step – also performed from the position “facing the stepper.”
At the expense of “one” we step with the right foot on the right edge of the hill, at the expense of “two” – with the left foot – respectively on the left edge of the stepper. At the expense of “three” we return to the starting position with the right foot.
At the expense of “four” – we lower it from the board the leg. As a result, the pattern of movements resembles the letter “V.” Hence the name of the bunch.
The first two basic steps, as you see, are performed without changing the leading leg. Let’s see how the steps are carried out with the change of the leading foot.
3. Tap up – we start from the position “standing to face the step platform.”
At the expense of “one” we step with one foot on the edge of the hill and transfer body weight to it, at the expense of “two” – with the other foot we barely touch the board next to the leading foot.
At the expense of “three” we return to the starting position the added leg, to the account “four “- we lower the leading foot from the stepper. The next movement begins, replacing the leading foot.
4. Knee up is also referred to the steps with a change of the leading foot
At the expense of “one” we step with one foot on the opposite edge of the hill and transfer body weight to it, at the expense of “two” – bend the second leg at the knee and lift it up, at the expense of “three” we return the raised up leg to the initial position.
At the expense of “Four” – we lower the leading foot from the stepper. The next movement begins, replacing the leading foot.
There are a lot of such bundles of steps in step aerobics:
Training can be built solely from bundles of steps on a stepper, and they can only precede comprehensive sports training by doing, say, 8 laps of the above-mentioned basic walking steps.
Such a unit will be an excellent warm-up before a CrossFit session or circuit training. In the main part of the sport, you can also actively use the step platform.
- Place your back to the step platform. Take one foot back and place it on a hill. Perform 10 squats on the supporting leg. Then change your support leg and do another 10 squats.
- Face the step board. Straight arms focus on the exerciser. The other two pivot points are the toes of the legs. Stay for 30 seconds in a straight bar, then perform 10 pushups. Also, direct push-ups can be performed by placing on the step board, not the arms, but the legs.
- Place your back to the stepper. Straight arms focus on her. The other two pivot points are the heels of straight legs. Perform 10 reverse pushups.
- Lie on your back in front of the step platform, bend your legs at the knees, and place your feet on a hill. Perform 20 incomplete body lifts, tearing off the head, neck, shoulders, and shoulder blades from the floor, and then another 20 full body lifts, tearing off the floor and lower back.
Make three approaches to the proposed set of exercises using a stepper. In the end, perform some stretching and breathing exercises.
Thus, with the help of step-height, you can solve all the basic fitness tasks: burn calories, tone the main muscle groups and get a good motivation for regular workouts.
Take the first step on the step board, and you will love it forever!
Performing cardio exercise on a stepper, an athlete gets physical and moral satisfaction. Since the body, among other things, releases a so-called “hormone of happiness.”
For a successful workout, you can use the advice from one movie:
“In order to shake the crowd, you must start with 120 heartbeats per minute. To lead the crowd to increase the pulse to 125, and better – 128 beats per minute. In such a rhythm, it is not you who command the body, but it is you.”
Such a rule is quite applicable for step training. Beginners should start at 120 beats per minute, while the more experienced ones pump their bodies at a rate of 128 beats per minute.
- When performing exercises, an athlete must step on the board in the center and completely with his entire foot.
- Fitness direction requires the proper selection of equipment. It is optimal if the board height varies from 12 to 25 cm, the length is 1-1.5 m, and the widths at least 40 cm.
- The movement should is not sharp, otherwise the risk of injury increases.
- Before training, it is necessary to do good warming up the workout.
- Legs when performing exercises must be constantly alternated.
- The back during training on the exerciser should be straight, and knees – slightly bent.
- To avoid serious loads, step aerobics should be practiced no more than twice a week.
- Beginners, it is important to gradually increase the number of repetitions, focusing on well-being.
- Not contraindicated for people who have poor coordination or weak vestibular apparatus. You can do it, but you should start with light exercises, gradually moving to more difficult ones.
- For classes, it is better to choose light clothing made from natural fabrics, which does not hold down movements. Shoes should be tight to sit on the feet, supporting the arch. The sole should not be slippery.
Stepping boards step aerobics
Before learning the lessons of step aerobics, videos with which are in our article, you should learn the basic rules of direction.
First of all, choose comfortable shoes and clothes for classes (it should not hinder movement and should not be too loose). During strength training, you need to drink water.
Step aerobics promises quite attractive results for dieters:
If you exercise regularly 3 times a week, eat right, then you can lose one kilogram every 7 days. However, it should be ensured that the weight did not leave faster. In addition to this, you can create an individual training program and do step aerobics at home.
Examples of suitable exercises with different levels of difficulty can be found below.
- For those who decide to attend group classes, it is worth knowing that the training will be effective if the group does not consist of more than 20 athletes. If for any reason you do not feel comfortable in a group, you can always change it or create an individual program.
- Doing aerobic fitness on an aerobic platform step, do not forget to follow your own feelings. If any exercise causes discomfort or pain, you should skip it. It is especially important to monitor your feelings for those who have health problems.
- Choose the most convenient way to train. So, if support is important to you, then you should choose group classes. But in the group, you should feel comfortable. If you are a shy nature, then, in this case, it is better to train at home.
- But by all means find an instructional video, so doing the exercises will be much easier. It is advisable to choose the lessons in which each element is commented and described in detail.
- If you are a beginner, then choose the simplest elements suitable for beginners. Then go to the more complex, but in any case, increase the load gradually to avoid injury. Do not do it often. The best option is two or three workouts per week.
- The duration of a workout should be about 50-60 minutes. But you should start with 15-20. Follow the correct execution of the exercises. The back should always be straight, and on the stepper at each step, the entire stop should be completed, and not a separate part of it.
What clothes use to do step aerobics?
Choose comfortable sneakers with thick soles. Do not wear shoes with thin soles, without depreciation of the foot. For clothing, choose a comfortable T-shirt and sports pants, leggings or shorts made of breathable fabric. They should not constrain movement.
How to do exercises on platform step?
You can perform 12 repetitions in each exercise (special instructions will only be on the T bar). And then, after finishing everything and catching my breath, go through the whole circle again.
Another option is to make in each movement (except the T-bar) 2 sets (with a rest of a few seconds between them) 12 repetitions.
1. Basic step
Stand in front of the steppe, placing the feet to the width of the hips: lift the chest and tighten the belly. Take one foot on the platform (A). Then – the second (keeping the same width between the feet (B).
Also in 2 steps (first with the first foot, then with the second), go back to the floor. This is 1 replay.
2. Walking with the knee lift
Stay on the same main rack. Put your left foot on the stepper diagonally to the right (hands like in the photo) (A).Raise the right knee up to the height of the thigh, at the same time pulling the left arm over his head and lowering the second to the thigh.
Look ahead, as you go (B). Wrap everything back and do the same diagonally the other way. This is 1 replay.
3. Jumping on step
Stand in front of the stepper with your feet wider than your hips (A). Jump on the projectile with both feet, while lifting your elbows up. When landing, bend your knees (at the endpoint they should not go beyond the line of socks) (B).
Return to the starting position, stepping down first with one foot, then with the other. This is 1 replay.
4. Lunge on the platform
Stand at a distance of about a meter from the steppe, feet – again at the width of the hips. Take a big step forward by placing the entire foot on the board (A). Drop in the lunge.
At the endpoint, the knee at the back should be under the thigh, and the front should be above the ankle; the angle at the knee joints is about 90 degrees (B). Come back to the start and do the same with the other leg – you will get 1 repetition.
5. How to choose a step
When buying a step, it is always important to remember the factors that ensure its correct choice. Therefore we will consider them in detail.
6. Projectile dimensions
Initially, pay attention to the width of the product, as there are samples from 28 cm wide for sale, but this is not enough. The foot should be fully enclosed on the stand, so it is best to push off the foot size in centimeters and add 6-8 cm to it.
Then it is important to know the step length – it varies from 70 to 110 cm, the most popular option is 90 cm. To determine “your” deck length, measure the width of your shoulders and add 15-20 cm to it.
Pay attention is also worth the height of the platform:
7. Maximum allowable weight
As a rule, the maximum weight limit for a step board is 150 kg, but note that for body weights greater than 110 kg, intense loads on the fitness deck are not recommended.
Do not forget that during the class it is important to observe precautions. The most important thing is to wear comfortable clothes and good sneakers in size: if your shoes are tight, you will quickly rub corn, and you will not be able to continue the lesson.
Keep your posture straight, because by tilting your body forward you will create an overload on your lower back. Try not to look at your feet or tilt your head. At the same time, make sure to always put your foot correctly – on the entire surface, and not on the edge of the board – and do not let your heels hang down.
These recommendations are easy to remember because the correct choice of step for effective classes is provided to you. Do it with pleasure, because the only health benefits will become even more tangible.
- Step exerciser. The circuit sizes of such platforms can be different. So, the width is usually about 50 centimeters, and the height depends on the level of physical fitness involved and the complexity of the exercises.
- Clothing. It is advisable to choose shorts, as trousers can interfere with movement. Together with them, you can wear a T-shirt or a T-shirt. In any case, clothing should be comfortable and made of a fabric that evaporates moisture and permits air.
- Footwear. It should provide support for the foot, so choose shoes with good shock absorption and a rather thick sole. In addition, you can do exercises even in front of movies TV in the home gym!
Today it is already difficult to imagine a sports club without step platforms in its arsenal
Step exerciser is perhaps one of the most popular sports gadgets used by trainers in collective training for step aerobics and more. This exercise fitness device is a plastic elevation. It appeared in the sports environment at the end of the last century thanks to the American aerobic trainer Jean Miller.
Nevertheless, the main thing in training on the step platform is to learn various ways to step on it:
To make it easier for trainees to understand their trainer, a whole step aerobics dictionary has been developed, which helps to understand how to climb the step bench.
All steps in step aerobics are conditionally divided into two groups:
- steps without changing the leading foot (when you start each measure with the same foot)
- steps with changing the leading foot (when you start each new beat, changing the foot).