Do you think only acrobats can master pogostilts running fast? Instructors assure that everyone can use best jumping stilts and pogolegs.
Spring over the car? Run 5 kilometers in 10 minutes?
Here you’ll learn about pogostilts such as Jump-bird running tool, Air-Trekkers Adult Model, ZGUO Adult Kangaroo shoe and others.
Best jumping stilts & pogolegs
Walking on this fitness tool is not only very exciting but also useful entertainment, contributing to the development of balance, dexterity, strengthening hands and feet.
It remains only to find out where you can buy “boots-walkers”, how to choose high-quality pogolegs for an acceptable price and learn how to use them.
It is stated on wikipedia.org:
Applying only user’s weight and a couple of moves, it is quite possible to jump 3-5 ft (1-1.5 metres) off the ground and run up to 20 mph (32 km/h).
So today, we will consider these issues in our article.
Simulators are selected depending on both the weight of the person and height:
Subject to the rules and instructions, the likelihood of injury is negligible. The design is made so that the leg to the knee is rigidly fixed in the simulator. The obligatory set of outdoor enthusiasts includes elbow pads, wrist protection, and knee pads – all provided by the distributors.
- People who like to move, want to lose weight, improve coordination, instill a love for sports to children or improve their results in other sports – acrobatics, gymnastics, running, are engaged in jumping;
- It develops coordination and strength, strengthens the muscles of the back, legs, abdominals, has a general developmental effect;
- Using a jumper, you can reach a speed of up to 40 km / h, spring up to three meters in height, and take steps up to 6 meters. The weight of the simulator on one leg is about 4 kg. According to rumors, for a month, you can lose up to 9 kg of weight;
- Up wing tool can be operated in almost any weather, and even in winter – just change tires. Exception: slippery asphalt / pavement / tiled surface (ice, snow, clay, frost), heavy rainfall (rain / snow / hail).
In fact, they should give out a helmet, but, as they explained to us in one of the rentals, no one will allow you to do the most difficult tricks in the first classes, which means you can do without a helmet.
3 best jumping equipment Amazon
Consider the 3 best equipment for adults from different price categories. Sort from the cheapest to the most expensive.
- Full Aluminum Frame 6063 Style, Thickness 2.8mm, Nylon Belt, High-Quality Fibreglass Spring, Wear Proof & Skid Proof Rubber Foot
- Spring: special reinforced glass fiber; Body: aluminum alloy; Step: rubber; Connection: bolt or nut
- Load Range :Weight: 88-132lbs/40-60kg,CE&SGS Certification
- It is easy to use, Balancing on pogolegs is the same as in walking
- An all-body fitness machine, popular sports goods, Nice gift
- Certification: SGS and CE，it indicates this pogolegs are safe to play
- Manufactured By：Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Special Product’s Supplier
- Load Range:Weight: 155~200 Ibs/70~90kg
- DHL / EMS SHIPPING,N.W:7 KG
- It is the newest and popular sports gear in the world
- Comes Standard with Cobra Cuff
- Spring is 15% more responsive
- Jump 5 Ft High, Run 25 MPH
Manufacturers usually divide carbon fiber running tools into categories, for example, 50-70 kg, 70-90 kg, and 90-110 kg. There are more rigid springs, but in our store, the range is represented by pogolegs with springs up to 110 kg.
Moreover, it is important to understand that “kg” in this case is not just the weight of the person running on it, but the load that the spring experiences at the moment of compression.
- The weight of the person
- Physical training of the person
IT is that the weight of the jumper must add another 20-30% of the weight. For example:
- A person’s weight is 60 kg, we add 20 kg for high springs = 80 kg. This means the best-fit jumpers category 70-90.
- A person’s weight is 70 kg + 25 kg for high springs = 95 kg. Suitable bocking shoes 90-110!
- The weight of a person is 100 kg. For high springs, you need to add about 35 kg, i.e., jumpers of category 90-110 will not be able to spring high, only to train effectively in the running. If desired, you can purchase even more rigid springs, which are sold separately – up to 120 kg.
That is why more than half of the sales of adult jumpers fall into the category of 90-110, despite the fact that the average weight of buyers is 70 kg.
How to jump on Pogostilts?
Learning how to handle this fitness tool is much easier than it might seem at first glance. It is almost like with parachute jumping: the main thing is to overcome fear, and the rest will turn out by itself.
Of course, without outside help and support (in the truest sense of the word), the first time is not enough, but the learning process itself is more like entertainment!
- Standing on pogolegs should be confident, keeping your back as straight as possible, “stretching your chest forward.”
- Do not spread your legs too wide.
- Learn to “treading on” an imaginary circle.
- Try to get used to the fact that for walking you do not need to bend your knees.
- Step on pogolegs is performed by raising one leg (not to the side and not forward): you should try to make one limb shorter than the other.
- And finally: learn to walk on pogolegs in the presence of a friend and with his help!
In general, the complexity of comprehending the art of walking is akin to mastering a bicycle. How much time did it take for you to learn to ride a bike?
And when you learn to walk confidently, you will gradually be able to run and dance, and even jump on pogostilts , and, maybe, you will participate in various shows, appear in commercials, and, what is there, become world famous!
Jumping lessons: carbon fiber running tool
You should not move on the pogolegs on a steep slope or stairs from the top down, an unexpected somersault through the head in such places often make and experienced boxers. You can get injured yourself and hurt others.
- Firstly, find out whether there is a party of jumpers in your city. And like-minded people will gain, and useful tips will help, and everyone will learn the tricks. If not, then for the first classes you need to find a flat area with a hard surface, preferably with a low fence and a bench and an assistant for the first few lessons.
- Be sure to first wear protective equipment – a helmet and protective pads for knees, elbows, wrists. All these devices come complete with the “glands” themselves. It is necessary to do this since the falls in the jumping are simply inevitable.
- It is forbidden to use any open shoes – flip-flops, sandals, etc. The best footwear for practicing boking – sneakers or other sports shoes.
- All device belts must be tight. Adjust the fastened part of the support platform to put your foot in a comfortable position.
- Warming up before getting on the simulators is a must! Never get up on pogolegs without stretching your leg muscles!
Lesson 1. Stand up
Learning to get up on the Jolly Jumper is best done with an assistant. To keep up balance at first will be very difficult, therefore it is better to rely on someone. You can learn to stand up yourself, leaning on the surface of the bench or fence.
The assistant should at this time only ensure you against falling back.
Lesson 2. Walk with support
Having established the balance, carefully take steps, while relying on the assistant. Gradually moving away from the assistant, start walking on your own. If you stumble, just align yourself, how would you do it during a simple walk.
Lesson 3. Move independently
Having learned to maintain balance, try to walk on your own. And yet, at first, it is desirable that there is a helper nearby, who at the right time can help you rise, insure and support you morally.
The legs should be pulled forward, the knees should be raised high, as when running in place. The toes should look inwards. If you follow these rules, the springs will not cling to each other. To stand confidently, you need not strain, but to relax your muscles, imitating running on the spot.
Lesson 4. Falling and getting up. Already by yourself
Falling in bocking is an inevitable thing.
- Always wear protective gear;
- When falling, you need to bend, press your knees to your body and clasp them with your hands;
- If you fall from a great height, you can make a roll forward or to the side;
- Do not immediately try to spring high and perform acrobatic numbers;
- All this will be, but a little later.
To get up after a fall, it is best to hold on to any support. If there is nothing to lean on, bring one leg back, one – forward and bend it at the knee. Put your back leg on your knee, then jump a little and stand on both legs. Such a maneuver is difficult enough, keeping balance in it is not easy.
Lesson 5. Running
Going from walking to jogging is pretty simple. Just gradually accelerate the movement. But running is different from walking, not only long steps. With fast movement, it is easier to fall than normal walking.
Put the “hoof” on the ground evenly, all over the surface – this will help maintain balance.
Lesson 6. Jumping
Only having learned well how to stand, walk, run, should one begin to master the following elements – jumps. In Boking, there are two main types of springs.
- Spring from one foot to another.
Mastering the technique of jumping is better with this variety because jumping with one foot is like running. The main difference is the application of force when pushing up (when running, the force is directed forward).
Jumping alternately from the left foot to the right foot, try to push as much as possible at the moment of contact of the foot with the surface. You need to land on the other leg. The more power will be applied, the higher you will be able to rise above the ground.
- Leap from two legs.
This kind of activity is much more powerful, and at the same time – more difficult than the previous one. Here the hardest thing is to keep balance because you need to push off at once from two springs.
To learn how to perform a jump with two legs to a height of three meters:
For this you need to push off more, pushing on the springs. Spending enough time training, you can achieve great results in this, perhaps the most spectacular leap.
Professional tricks using moon jumpers
Among all the tricks performed by Jumpers, there are some particularly impressive ones.
1. Giant springs
For jumping to the greatest height it is better to push off with both legs at once. With special skill, such springs are gigantic in height and length. To perform this technique, you must first make a series of less powerful jumps.
Pushing each time with greater force and increasing potential, you should throw your legs forward.
2. Spring with rear grip
The basis of this technique is also spring with two legs. However, to perform the rear capture need to perfectly own your body and keep your balance. In a jump, both legs are folded and bent back. The more bend the legs, the more professional is considered a spring with a seizure.
If these actions you succeed, you can make a new part – turn the torso. Several maneuvers are performed at the same time: jumping from two legs, legs are flexed, the body turns (right or left), the soles are pressed against the hand.
3. Back and forward flips
Jumping over your head forward or backward is the most professional trick with the bocking shoes. Even a regular flip is a rather complicated element. Adding to it an unstable landing and a large repulsive force, and it becomes clear why the technique is not used by all extremals.
You should not try to perform such a flip if you are not confident in your abilities. In case of an unsuccessful spring, you are waited by a drop from a meter height.
Pogolegs that make you run faster
Surely, you have already seen past a man running on pogolegs . His movements are like flying in one step. These are jumpers – modern, simple, but so interesting invention:
At the present time, there are different types of jumpers, each of which has differences.
Among the new products are third-generation designs, which take into account many of the shortcomings of past models, as well as increased safety. Some manufacturers have launched a line of special models for practicing certain types of springs.
- Up Wing Standard are models for adults who can withstand high loads and are suitable for walking or jogging
- Up Wing Junior – children’s and adolescent designs with an elaborate security system and improved stability
- Up Wing Advance – a model for professionals who are engaged in extreme high springs. Special design enhances the thrust force during jumps.
But, the third generation of Jolie-jumpers is a rather expensive pleasure.
Therefore, there are still some types of jumpers from the previous – second generation. Their advantages are ease of operation, durability, as well as moderate cost, which will not be ignored by thrifty buyers.
- Sky Runner – created for girls or young people who are just learning to take their first steps on jumpers. Perfect for jogging, walking and other physical activities
- Jolly Jumper Teenager – teenage models, which are based on materials that improve safety. Parents can not worry about the integrity and safety of their child
- Jolly Jumper Adult – the model for adults. A distinctive feature – the ease of construction, as well as strength. With such a device, the easiest way to learn to run and spring on “stilts”.
All of the above types of jumpers are the brands and models of the most well-known manufacturers who have proven themselves to be the current day. Of course, you can purchase any other model.
But, since this is a serious design, where much depends on quality, it is best to entrust your choice to proven manufacturing companies. Jumpers are entertainment, leisure, and sport – all in one bottle. Therefore, do not even doubt the purchase!
Pogostilts for kids
Did you dream of having supernormal abilities as a child?
See through walls, hear other people’s thoughts or even fly? We dreamed passionately – and we are sure that your child would also like to turn into a real superman for a day. Now to give him such a magical day is easy!
Recently, adults and children all over the world can try on real boots-walkers – special pogolegs , which are used by fans of power boxing or sports jumping. The essence of this bright and unusual sport is to run faster and spring higher, taking incredibly big steps and almost floating in the air. 1.5 hours of exciting impressions will long be remembered by the child.
At the lesson, the child will be instructed in safety, learn how to walk, run and spring on jumpers, and even perform several basic tricks. And when the basics are learned, the time will come for real adventures!
To envy a kangaroo is not as cool as imitating it. But sometimes you want to spring as high and far. Fulfill someone’s secret dream – present a certificate for the impression of “Jolie Jumper”. A great gift for those who want to jump up to the moon.
If you dream of a perfect posture, want to get a load on all muscle groups and enjoy incomparable impressions with anything, jolly jumping is just what you and your children need!
As we said earlier, the name Jolly comes from the word “jump” and means the same. Springs are carried out with the help of curved pogolegs – jolly jumpers. And, despite the fact that this sport appeared recently, they have already become interested in thrill-seekers and active recreation.
The benefits of running tool
The benefits of bocking can be compared with the benefits of cross-country running because this is an excellent fitness training. Jolly-running strengthens the cardiovascular and respiratory system, increases the body’s endurance, allows you to lose weight and gives an infinite number of pleasant emotions and adrenaline.
Everyone, both a child and an adult, can learn how to use these devices, and the learning process itself is similar to the first attempts to ride a roller or bicycle. As soon as you learn how to keep balance correctly, a huge world of new opportunities will open up before you!
In addition to positive emotions from the flight and excellent sensations, the biggest plus in this sport is that you can lose weight in a short period of time. Regular walking on jumpers will almost replace your gym and fitness club. After all, Jolly jumpers are a kind of simulators with which all muscle groups work hard.
In addition, this sport, despite its extreme, has a positive effect on the entire human body and on the cardiovascular system in particular.
Kangaroo shoes: lot of fun
Jolly jumping is a sport that combines entertainment, sports training, and active recreation. Movement in this sport takes place with the help of jolly jumpers. The design of these modified pogolegs is very simple.
They consist of:
arches or springs (made of fiberglass), which is quite easy to bend and bend under the weight of a person
plastic foot, which is attached to the rubber sole, safety straps (knee and shin fastened)
aluminum and plastic frame and the lower part of the stilt, which is made of rubber
It should be noted that the quality of safe movement on jumpers depends primarily on the springs. For each athlete or amateur spring must be selected individually, according to the weight category. The size range of springs ranges from 25 to 120 kilograms. In some cases, with a very large weight, jumpers are made to order.
On these peculiar pogolegs , you can move at a speed of approximately 30-40 kilometers per hour and spring to a height of up to 2 – 3 meters, do various tricks, springs, coups, etc. It all depends on the level of your physical fitness. Many professional jumpers claim that learning to walk on pogolegs is no more difficult than riding a bike. However, this is not quite true.
To learn to walk on Jolly jumpers, and even more so to perform tricks of different degrees of difficulty, you need only under the supervision of an experienced instructor. In jully jumping, it is better to exclude attempts at independent learning. When practicing this sport, it is necessary to use protective devices (wrist pads, helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads). If you want to do jolly jumping at a more professional level, then it is advisable to add a protective vest to your basic outfit.
Jolly running or boxing, as it is also called, has almost no age limit:
Interestingly, even though this sport is relatively young, it has already gained popularity in many countries. Moreover, not only as amateur entertainment.
- sprint 100 meters
- long spring
- high spring
- complex (include all the above categories)
In any sport without injuries, bruises, sprains, and even fractures are difficult to do. That is why you should not ignore the safety rules.
- At the training stage, one should not walk, spring and run independently without an instructor.
- In order for the springs not to get tangled, it is necessary to stretch the legs forward while walking.
- In order to rise after the fall, use someone else’s help.
- Do not use jumpers on large highways, narrow roads, stairs, or uneven surfaces.
- Be sure to wear protective gear.
Interesting facts about the origin
Jolly Jumping first appeared in 1954 in the United States, in the state of California. Two local professional acrobats – Tom Weaver and Bill Gaffney invented strange tools with springs, which are called Pogo stilts (grasshoppers).
The guys took to the streets of the city and entertained the local onlookers with their tricks. The biggest disadvantage of this invention was that it was not easy for anyone to spring with the help of an interesting device because only a person with acrobatic training could resist such pogolegs.
- Joyful impressions from childhood. When we did not go but jumped. Because they were very small. Now you can spring and enjoy running consciously.
- Extreme impression. Yes. Extremes fell in love with jumping pogolegs, just as they appeared in our country. And now this love does not destroy.
- Sport and outdoor activities. Jolie jumper burns calories with each spring. So, if you want to become smaller, you just need to get this gift and spring.
- Entertainment for the company. By the way, it is possible to work with Jolie jumper in the company. Even it is necessary because in the company any gift becomes better.
In 2004, grasshoppers were patented by the enterprising German Alexander Bock. In honor of him, Pogo stilts became known as the sides, and the type of movement with the help of pogolegs was called boking. Later, grasshoppers received another name – jolly jumpers, and the sport – jolly running.
Because of their bizarre form, jumpers were also called by other names: Poweriser (amplifiers), Power jumpers, Flyjumper (a flying horse, fly), Bouncers, Moonjumper, Flyhoppers, Dino Legs ( dinosaur legs), etc.