What are the main keto diet rules? What should be the ketone diet plan? from Julia Ford
Hello, I am Silva and sorry for bothering you with so many questions, but I still have some. I have been recommended a keto diet by my fitness trainer, and it sounded very useful to me. Actually, I want to gain more knowledge about it – it is connected with calories, and it’s menu. What are an average amount of calories are allowed to consume?
What is exactly the keto diet? Why is it so called? What are the main keto diet rules?
Maybe you know some recipes for this diet that are suitable for everyone (but without using prunes, please 😉 What should be the ketone diet plan?
Write to me the list of food I can eat on the keto diet.) Thanks for your answers!
- Restrict carbohydrates to 20 digestible grams per day or less – a strict low-carb diet. Fiber does not have to be restricted, it might even be beneficial.
- Restrict protein to moderate levels. On a keto diet you should eat the protein you need, but not much more. This is because excess protein is converted to glucose in the body, reducing ketosis.
- Eat enough fat to feel satisfied. This is the big difference between a keto diet and starvation, that also results in ketosis. A keto diet is sustainable, whereas starvation is not.
- Avoid snacking when not hungry. Eating more often than you need, just eating for fun and because there’s food around, reduces ketosis and slows down weight loss.
- Sleep enough – for most people at least seven hours per night on average – and keep stress under control. Sleep deprivation and stress hormones raise blood sugar levels, slowing ketosis and weight loss a bit.
Please login or Register to submit your answer