How to make healthy fruit salad that can stay fresh for longer than one day? from Mary Lace
Greetings everybody, my name is Wendy and I am 23 years old. I need some of your help, connected with healthy food and ways of preparing it. I have nearly five questions about healthy recipes, but I will cut them in 5 posts so it will be easier for you to answer separately and for me not to mix everything. So, my first question is connected, as you can see from the title, with fruit salads? I was hoping you could help me to gather some recipes for fruit salads, but I want them to be able to stay fresh longer than one day because I like doing food for tomorrow. So, any methods, guys?
This is a very interesting question. You know, when we are talking about veggie salad the best way to keep it fresh is leave it without any sauce. But speaking about fruit salad its harder because as you know fruits are juicier and allocate more juice.
So here I have some tips for you:
1. You should better slice all of your fruits and put it into a container without adding any sauce.
2. If you are cooking salad with apple please sprinkle it with little lemon juice.
3. Use for such salads fruits which can stay longer in a fridge and still be fresh.
Here I have a really nice recipe for you.
1. Apple (2).
2. Carrots (1 big).
3. Lemon (just a little for sprinkle).
4. Nuts (handful)
5. Honey (1tbsp)
How to preapare:
1. Put apples on a grater.
2. Sprinkle apple with lemon juice
3. Put carrots on a grater.
4. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl.
5. Half of this put into container and refrigerator.
6. To another half add honey and nuts.
7. Mix everything and enjoy!
Hello! Try this splendid recipe:
- 1 large apple peeled and sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 clementines, peeled and separated
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
In a large boel combine apple, pear, bananas, kiwi, clementines, and pomegranate seeds. Lightly toss. In a small bowl whisk together honey, lime juice, poppy seeds, and mint. Drizzle over fruit and toss until coated. Serve.
Please login or Register to submit your answer