What is better: to do yoga before the exercises or after exercises? What yoga workouts will create the better effect on my body? from Julia Ford
Welcome everybody, my name is Silva. To be honest, I see that I can combine both yoga and exercises at the same time, but I have enormous doubts about whether it is healthy to do this combo or not. My first doctor said that I could do exercises after yoga, and it will be like a warm-up for me, but my second doctor (and at the same time my best friend) told me that it doesn’t matter when to do yoga, I have just to do it, and that’s all.
So, what can you tell about this situation? When should I do? What is better: to do yoga before the exercises or after exercises? What yoga workouts will create the better effect on my body? Are there special sets aimed at warm-up before training and post-exercise stretching? What types of yoga exercising can you recommend me for stretching my muscles? Which of them will help to make my body more flexible?
Thanks for the help!
I recommend you to try this workout, it is very helpful:
- Child’s Pose — 5 breaths (One breath means a complete breath in and out.)
- Downward Facing Dog — 5 to 6 breaths
- Rag Doll — 5 to 6 breaths
- Sun Salutation A — 3 reps
- High Plank — 10 to 15 seconds
- Chaturanga Push-Ups — 3 reps
- Upward Facing Dog — 1 full breath
- Weighted Squats — 1 minute
- Weighted Lunges With Biceps Curls — 12 reps each side
- Lawnmower Rows — 12 reps each side
- Oblique Twists — 16 reps
- Glute Bridges — 8 reps each side
- Chest Fly — 10 reps
- Weighted Crunch With Oblique Twist — 20 reps alternating sides
- Leg Lifts — 12 reps
- Figure Four — 30 seconds each side
- Reclined Spinal Twist — 30 seconds
- Savasana — 30 seconds to 2 minutes
Please login or Register to submit your answer