What makes salads even more healthy? from Alina Ross
Hi there! It’s Jane. As I am planning to become a vegetarian for some time, I decided to search for some interesting and delicious salad recipes.
All we know, that fresh vegetables are great for our health, however, there are also products, which we add to our salads, but they are not very beneficial.
For instance, it can be canned corn or pickles. Maybe, you know some other products like these? And, by the way, what makes salads more useful and healthy? Do you have any tips and delicious receipts?
Share it, and I will be very grateful!
What could be more useful than vegetable salads? They are lightweight and full of vitamins; they will enrich your diet and turn it into a healthy one. Nutritionists around the world recommend using vegetables in the fight against extra pounds. Elementary in the preparation of vegetable salad recipes will not take you much time, and in the meantime, you will be satisfied with the result.
There is a so-called universal constructor, which will help you to find the best possible ingredients.
It is not necessary to follow this scheme. If you, for example, want to cook the lightest salad, you can safely exclude several blocks. Make an emphasis on vegetables and useful refuelling.
- Favourite vegetables. In the ideal salad, they must be, because fresh fruit is not only beneficial but also tasteful. And do not forget about greens.
- Something salty and nutritious. Of course, it's about cheese. Choose the specific product depending on your taste preferences. If you are following the diet, we recommend choosing feta or cheese. Parmesan and mozzarella are suitable for salads in the Italian style. Fans of gourmet cuisine can add goat cheese to the salad.
- Dominant ingredient. These ingredients include meat, poultry and fish. As a rule, the choice of the rest of the elements is based on them. If you want to prepare a less salty variant of salad, it is better to refuse from the dominant component.
- Useful refuelling. If you are preparing a Caesar salad, it is obvious that the refuelling will be branded. But to make a salad with inspiration, it is better to choose the most simple and useful options. These are olive and other vegetable oils, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, French mustard.
- Raisin. The final ingredient may be chopped nuts, dried berries and crackers, grains of pomegranate. Remember that nuts and cookies, for example, are quite a calorie. If you are on a diet, then you should not add to the salad even in small quantities.
I can also advise you some general tips for tasty salad: choose seasonal vegetables, follow the balance, add more greens, experiment with refuelling – and your meal will be very beneficial, healthy and delicious!!!
Salads are reallu helpful if you want to becomea vegetarian. Here what i can recommend: Fresh Herbed Avocado Salad
You need: ½ cup raw pepitas (green pumpkin seeds), ¼ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, pinch of salt, ½ cup chopped radish (about 3 medium), ½ cup chopped green onion, ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, parsley, basil
- Since avocados start browning once they’re cut, we’re going to prepare everything else first. Toast the pepitas in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often (don’t let them burn!), until they’re starting to turn golden on the edges and make little popping noises, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the chili powder, olive oil and pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the chopped radish, green onion, herbs and jalapeño in a bowl, and set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- You can slice or dice the avocados however you’d like, but for the prettiest slices (like mine), first cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Then cut the halves in half again to make long quarters. Peel the avocado skin off each quarter and carefully slice it into long strips.
- To assemble, place the avocado in a medium serving bowl or platter. Drizzle the dressing all over them. Stir the toasted pepitas into the herb mix, then spoon it over the avocados. Finish the salad with optional flaky salt and/or lime zest.
You know, salad is amazing for the main dish and like adding to potato or macaroni. But if you are a vegetarian, then veggie salad should be definitely your main dish. That’s why try to make it nutritious and tasty. For example, to make saad healthier you can add avocado, sesame, sprouts.
Here I have two favorite salads:
1. Salad with watermelon, feta cheese, and basil.
You need watermelon, feta cheese, basil leaves, balsamic sauce. We get rid of the watermelon seeds and cut it into cubes. Cheese also. Arrange on a plate and mix with basil leaves. Pour the sauce. Straight, and how tasty and different.
2. Beet salad, rocket salad, blue cheese
You need beetroot, arugula, blue cheese. Also honey-mustard sauce: 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, mustard, balsamic vinegar. Prepare: boil the beets until tender and cut into thin slices. Arrange on a plate. Sprinkle with rocket and blue cheese. We combine the ingredients of the sauce and pour the salad.
Please login or Register to submit your answer