What is the best cookbook for simple healthy recipes? from Joey Bright
Hello, this is Medina. Nice to see and read you again.
Today I want to ask quite an interesting question.
Some days ago, I went to the bookstore to buy a pair of books by my favourite author.
Suddenly I saw a shelf with cookbooks. There I spent nearly half of an hour looking something simple among them.
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I couldn’t find the proper cookbook with healthy recipes! All of books included high-calorie sweeties, fast food and other junk meals.
But I decided to find this special one, a book with simply-written healthy recipes of usual ingredients.
What chefs cookbooks can you recommend me? And why did you chose them to tell me about?
Do you have different books with recipes from world-renowned chefs?
I would like to get it on Amazon, I guess.
Please, give me some recommendations or links where I can read and order it.
Thanks a lot!
Hi Medina, I think I can help you. Some years ago, I started learning how to cook and helped me in this the cookbook of Jamie Oliver. It's really simple and even my 12-year sister can make some tasty dishes from that book. Throughout 6 years, I found out hundreds of incredible receipts and already have 4 of his books that, I can surely say, are the best cookbooks I have ever read.
- " Jamie cooks Italy"
- "5 ingredients – Quick & Easy food recipes"
- "Jamie's Everyday Super Food Recipes"
- "Jamie's Super Food Family Classics"
Especially for you, I would like to recommend the second and the fourth items. In my opinion, they are really what you are looking for.
Why exactly that chef I want to tell you about? Read the following and I think you will understand.
Appearing on television in 1999, Jamie Oliver immediately became the main chef – first of Britain, and then of the whole world. His debut book with recipes came out the same year and won first place in the list of British bestsellers. And now – and this is finally clear – chefs more important than Oliver in the world simply do not exist. His books have been translated into 26 languages and published in 40 countries. He is the best-selling author among all non-fiction last 10 years – and not only culinary. And in fact, each of his books is written in such a way that even prisoners can get carried away with it, and with the expectation that it can become the first book he has ever read.
All books are about that cooking – it's fun, very simple and not at all scary. Therefore, it does not matter which Oliver to start: will it be "Happy days with a naked chef" or "Ministry of Nutrition", the subtitle of which "Everybody can learn how to cook in 24 hours" can be attached to any of his books.
Not a bad option – "Jamie's Kitchen", which begins with the section "We buy knives and pans" and ends with "Baking". It is curious that the recipes, if you look closely, are not so simple as they want to seem.
To conclude, I want to say that you really should read at least one of his books. Jamie Oliver cookbooks – it's must-have of any housewife!
Hey Medina! Really good question, especially, when you are on diet. If you prefer to cook at home but limited in time and calories, you need the “book adviser”. I have a tоn of cооk books and sometimes I rеаd them likе peoplе read the stories. One of them is the guide in my weight loss voyage . It‘s “Simple Healthy: The Easiest Light Cookbook in the World”. One year ago my sister bought it on Amazon like a gift.
You’ll definitely like good and simple recipes from the author , Jean-François Mallet, chief from France. Tasty, simple and usefull food for the whole family could be a good choice for you. Love how simple these recipes are! Of course there are so many cook books to cook in healthy and easy way. There’s a huge amount of them on Amazon. Buy any of thier cooking bestseller. You can save the time for fitness training
Hello Medina, thank you very much for your question! Choosing the right healthy cookbook can be a daunting task, with thousands of titles to choose from. To help you narrow the field, whether you're looking for a cookbook for yourself or loved ones on your gift list, I offer up 6 of my own favorites:
- Healthy Beef Cookbook by Chef Richard Chamberlain and Betsy Hornick
- Sonoma Diet Cookbook by Connie Guttersen, PhD, RD
- The New Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific Cookbook by Holly Clegg
- Fit Food – Eating Well for Life by Ellen Haas
- Healthy Homestyle Cooking by Evelyn Tribole
In my opinion, you can just download an app for your smartphone where there are lots of healthy recipes, personally, I use " food and feed".
But if you want to buy a book, I will also try to help you with it.
How good are you at cooking? Because there are different books for different levels of cooking.
1) Cooking for Dummies—A Reference for the Rest of Us, by Bryan Miller and Marie Rama
2) "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book: 300 Great Recipes You Can't Mess Up!, by Mary-Lane Kamberg
For those who have an experience in cooking:
1) Food Matters, by Mark Bittman
3) The Naked Chef, by Jamie Oliver
Hello, Medina! Thank you for this interesting question. You know, books are the best road to perfection. Even if we are talking about cooking. I would like to share this amazing books which help you cook like a chef.
So here we go with list:
- Jamie Oliver “Jamie’s 30-Minute Meals.” Oliver’s recipes are simple and effective at the same time. They do not need sophisticated ingredients – when preparing for cooking, you just need a greengrocer under the house – you do not have to run to the delicatessen.
- Nigellissima. Instant Italian Inspiration. Like all books of a British cook, it is beautifully published and contains original recipes. Nigella reveals the secrets of Italian cuisine enriching the content with private tips.
- Nigella Express. The book will work even in the hands of a completely untrained chef. Perfect for beginners and experienced connoisseurs of home cooking! In some recipes, there are products with difficult accessibility.
Please login or Register to submit your answer