What makes a recipe heart-healthy and what dishes prevent cardiac diseases?
Hello, guys, my name is John and I am 28 years old. We all should take care of our health our whole lives. We should do everything we can to prevent diseases, especially heart problems. Most deaths are caused by heart failure and that fact scares me. Sometimes I have high blood pressure and my doctor recommended that I change my diet to a healthier one.
The doctor told me that I should avoid greasy foods, saturated fat, foods that contain gluten, sweets and alcohol. But this may make my life miserable since I love to cook, I love food and I love experimenting with it. I enjoy my drinks as well, especially beer (which contains gluten). This is where you come in. Please help me with such questions:
- Can one maintain a heart-healthy diet without having to deprive oneself of delicious food?
- What else makes a recipe heart-healthy?
- Could you share your favourite heart-healthy recipes?
- Are there healthy alternatives to dangerous food?
- Is there such thing as gluten-free pasta/pizza/dumplings?
I truly hope this diet will be a deal-breaker for me. I will really appreciate your help. I’m looking forward to your advice, thanks in advance.