What is the best non-wheat flour for baking?
Greetings, everyone! Nice job on the non-wheat recipes article, it was very useful to me. I have mentioned a few times before that I’m sticking to a healthy diet and that I prefer gluten-free food due to my gluten intolerance. I actually find this lifestyle very exciting, but sometimes searching for wheat alternatives can lead me into a dead end.
Before I discovered that I have Celiac disease I was used to eating noodles, pizza, pastries, white bread, and buns. I was devastated when I heard my diagnosis. But now I got used to eating healthy and will never go back to my previous lifestyle. I even find gluten-free food even more delicious!
I love discovering new recipes without wheat! That is why I’m posting this question. I would like to know the following:
- What is the best non-wheat flour for baking?
- Is there a non-wheat flour for making noodles?
- What other veggies can I use to make wheat-free pizza crust, besides cauliflower?
- Are there any additives to make the gluten-free dough sticky?
- What kind of beans can be used to make flour, besides garbanzo beans?
Looking forward to reading your answers! Thanks and take care!