It is essential to intake nutrients and proteins in our diet, not just for the growth and maintenance of our body, but also to protect our organism and to reduce the risk of diseases. It is even more critical in fitness and sport to ensure the correct amount of nutrients according to the sport of specific fitness activity that we do. The following non-wheat meal recipes include a range of nutrients, being the most of the natural ingredients.
- Cauliflower crust pizza. This vegetable is rich in phytonutrients and glucosinolates. These components help in supporting our body systems: cardiovascular, digestive, immune, inflammatory and detoxification system.
- Diet salad with tomatoes and greens. A salad with healthy ingredients such as arugula which is well-known for lowering blood pressure, slows down the progression of cancer, provides oxygen to the muscles while exercising. Spinach is rich in magnesium (improves metabolism) and iron (ensures that the body uses energy efficiently).
- Dietetic soup with salmon and coconut milk. Salmon is an enormous source of protein that is needed to build muscle. The coconut milk not only gives the soup a frothy texture but contains fibre, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. These two ingredients are unbelievably compatible!
- Healthy diet socca pancake. This is a recipe that substitutes wheat flour with garbanzo bean flour which is way healthier and suitable for people with Celiac disease and type 2 diabetics. Using this type of flour instead of wheat is better for your bones, blood pressure, digestion and weight.
What non-wheat foods are good sources of vitamins and minerals? Four recipes.
Tasty diet pizza that does not harm health. Cook, and be amazed over how tasty it is! Have a nice meal!
- Three pcs. Egg (whisked)
- 50 g Diet cheese (it may be parmesan)
- 80 g Almond
- 2 g Pink salt
- 1 g Ground black pepper (+ 1 gr of dried oregano)
- 400 g Cauliflower
- 1 Squash (small)
- 2 Spinach (or arugula)
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/3 Lemon
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cover the pan with parchment paper.
Cut the cauliflower, process it in a blender, put three glasses of this puree into the bowl. Mix it with almond, oregano and spices.
Make a hole in the centre and whisk the eggs into there, mix and knead the dough.
Form the pizza crust on the pan
Crimp the edges of the dough
Bake the pizza base in the oven for 25 minutes.
Spread it with tomato paste, zucchini and greens.
Put it into the oven again, this time for 5-10 minutes.
Squeeze the juice out of a 1/3 of lemon, sprinkle with grated cheese and fresh greens and enjoy! Have a nice meal!
A very traditional but extremely healthy salad. Have a nice meal.
- 10 g Arugula
- 20 g Spinach
- 1/2 Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 g Salt
Cut the tomatoes.
Add arugula and spinach.
Add lemon juice and salt. Do not add oil.
That’s all. It is really tasty. Consider including it in your healthy menu. Have a nice meal!
It may seem like a simple diet soup, but once you try it, you will understand how delicious and perfect it is for those who lead a healthy lifestyle. It consists of super-useful and vitamin-rich products: salmon, asparagus, ginger, "Soba" buckwheat noodles and coconut milk. I recommend trying super soup for your healthy menu!
- One pc. carrot
- 120 g salmon
- 200 ml coconut milk (or replace it with this coconut cream)
- One tsp ginger (fresh and grated)
- 2 g basilic (+ 1-2 g of saffron)
- 200 g asparagus
Stew carrots in a non-stick frying pan with one teaspoon of rubbed ginger, add a little saffron with dried basil.
In another saucepan boil salmon or any other redfish.
Now chop the fish. Soak the asparagus for 2 hours and then cut into pieces. Add everything to the multi-cooker, pour broth from the fish, coconut milk, a little salt and soy sauce, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Pour 100 ml of water and a mixture of stewed carrot with seasonings.
Add the noodles, break into four parts.
Turn on the multicooker mode for 20 minutes. The dietetic soup turns out magnificent. Ingredients are interchangeable: you can add onions or garlic. I recommend that everyone should try it! Bon appetit!
Cut a large, golden brown, crispy pancake into big squares, put them on a dish, sprinkle with black pepper – this is your socca.
Just try it. Socca’s recipe is simple – garbanzo bean flour and olive oil. Soldiers used to eat socca because it is very hearty and doesn’t go off quickly. You will want to eat socca even when you do not want to eat at all.
People in Nice like to eat it with rose wine. There are also right places for socca: Chez Pippo, Socca d’Or. I cook diet socca. Have a nice meal!
- 230 g Garbanzo bean flour
- 200 ml Water
- 1 g Salt
- 2 g Basil
- 50 g Adygei cheese
- 10 tsp Tomato paste
- 250 g Canned tuna
Mix all ingredients for the base in a blender: garbanzo bean flour, water, salt, spices.
Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Then spread the base with tomato paste, top with tuna, greens and everything else and sprinkle with cheese.
Put it in the oven for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and eat. Have a nice meal!
Conclusion: Four delicious and nutritive meals that contain vitamins and minerals.
Vegetables and fish contain a vast range of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals which are necessary to maintain our health, but also to help our body to fully recover after intense physical activity (fitness, sports).
Spinach contains protein, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. It improves the level of glucose in blood while lowers the risk of cancer. Spinach contains chlorophyll (like green vegetables) and this substance blocks carcinogenic effects. Beta-carotene contributes to reducing asthma.
Potassium decreases high blood pressure. Vitamin K protects our bones and teeth. Thanks to its high content of fibre, spinach helps to prevent constipation, and the significant amounts of vitamin A preserve the skin and hair, as well as vitamin C (which is essential for maintenance of collagen).
Two recipes contain fish – salmon and tuna. Both are an excellent natural source of omega three fatty acids (the brain food). Our body cannot synthesise this nutrient, so we must get it from the diet. Also, salmon contains protein, vitamins and minerals such as potassium, selenium and vitamin B 12.
Tuna, on the other hand, helps to reduce cardiovascular problems, lower blood pressure and cholesterol. It also boosts the immune system while increasing energy, the red blood cells, preventing cancer and protecting against kidney diseases.