Today we will tell you about very unusual cocktails. Namely, onion smoothie recipes. This drink is a regular guest on our table in the period of cold and colds. We think that it is thanks to him that we very rarely get sick with colds. The unusualness of this drink lies in its form. It includes onions and garlic. If you now thought that, probably, such a teddy one does not smell very good. Then you are mistaken. The taste and smell of the drink are about the same as a tasty vegetable salad – quite pleasant.
It is cooked from fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and sweet peppers. Which in our time can be bought year-round in any store. In principle, our smoothie differs from vegetable salad only in that I blend the ingredients in a blender to a uniform consistency. He even reminds ur a bit of cold tomato gazpacho soup.
So let’s start making the onion smoothie recipes with garlic and onions!
Top 6 most tasty Smoothies with Onion
Antiviral vegetable smoothie with garlic and onions
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 sweet pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 200 ml sour milk
- pinch of flax seeds
- salt to taste
- Preparation of products. Cut the tomato and cucumber into small cubes, free half of the onion from the husk and cut into several pieces. Peel the garlic and pass through a special garlic press. Peppers remove the sweet peppers and cut them into random pieces.
- Cooking smoothies. Put in a blender the slices of tomato, cucumber, sweet pepper and onions. Add sour milk, garlic puree and salt. Beat the ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Spill and taste. Pour the finished drink into glasses and sprinkle with flax seeds. Before use, stir the drink with a spoon and give the flax seeds a little time to soak up the liquid. Drink a drink before bedtime so that the smell of garlic will disappear in the morning. And if the smell still remains, then eat a handful of sunflower seeds or drink a glass of milk. Enjoy your meal!
Smoothie “French potato soup”
- 50 ml Vegetable broth
- 1 Potatoe
- 1 Leek stalk
- 25 gr Onion
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 125 ml Milk
- Peel the potatoes and chop them. Cut leek and parsley. Onions peeled and chopped.
- In a small saucepan, boil the broth over high heat. Add potatoes, leeks, and onions to the broth. Boil on low heat for 10-12 minutes. Cool it down.
- Without stopping the blender, add milk to the mixture. Increase speed to maximum. At maximum speed, mix for another 1 minute or until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note that pregnant women and people suffering from inflammation of the kidneys, it is not recommended to use more than 1/2 teaspoon of parsley per day.
Smoothie “Gentle Sauce”
- 125 ml tomato juice
- 2 tomato
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro
- Peel tomatoes and chop. Peel the apple and the core, cut. Cucumber peel and chop. Onion chop. Cilantro slice.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender at once and close the lid tightly. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds. Gradually increase the speed to the maximum. At maximum speed, mix another 30 seconds.
- 175 ml Carrot juice
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 apple
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Apple peel and core, cut.
- Place all ingredients in a blender at once and close the lid tightly. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds. Gradually increase the speed to the maximum. At maximum speed, mix for another 30 seconds or until smooth.
Smoothies “English traditions”
- 125 ml Milk
- 2 Onion
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Parsnip root
- 50 gr Fennel
- 1/4 tsp Ground star anise
- Ground nutmeg
- Put the milk in a medium saucepan and boil. Add onion, celery, parsnip, fennel. Boil for 12 minutes.
- Close the lid tightly and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Place in a blender the contents of the pan, star anise, and nutmeg.
- Close the lid tightly and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to maximum.
- At maximum speed, mix for another 30 seconds or until smooth.
Baked Eggplant Smoothie
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tomato
- 2 peach
- 125 ml spaghegtti sauce
- 50 ml apple juice
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven. Eggplant cut along. Onion peel and cut into four pieces. Divide olive oil into 2 portions. Peel the garlic. Peel the peaches, free from the bones and cut. Peel tomatoes and cut. Cut oregano leaves.
- Lay the eggplant and onion on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with a portion of olive oil and bake for 12 minutes. Ensure uniform baking. Turn eggplant and onion over, put garlic, peaches and tomatoes on a baking sheet (spread out in slices). Sprinkle with a portion of olive oil. Bake 7-10 minutes. Cool the vegetables.
- Separate the pulp of eggplants and tomatoes, place in a blender together with baked garlic, peaches, onions and oregano. Close lid tightly and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to maximum. At maximum speed, mix for another 1 minute or until smooth.
Onion in Immune Boosting Smoothie
Onions and garlic are natural antibiotics. For many millennia our ancestors treated them with various diseases. Both of these plants contain special substances. Thanks to which even the weakest immunity begins to work actively. They have an antimicrobial effect. And it is not for nothing that traditional healers advise you to wear onion or garlic pieces, threaded with a string, around your neck. After all, even the smell of these plants can destroy viruses and microbes around.
Onion smoothie recipes have a host of other beneficial properties. Garlic can reduce the risk of cancer by as much as 30%! I think that this is a significant reason to include garlic in your diet more often. And the bow is not a bit behind in its anti-cancer properties from its fragrant counterpart. These two beneficial plants also have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, increase libido, treat neuroses, improve sleep, and help in the digestion of starches.
- Properties: Onions have antibacterial, antiseptic, and diuretic effects. Onions also exhibit anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. In addition, onions improve blood circulation and digestion, neutralizes toxic substances, reduces the amount of cholesterol and sugar in the blood.
- Use: Onions are used to protect against the formation of blood clots, lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar and suppress cancer cells. In addition, onions are used to suppress inflammation. Many onion varieties contain a strong antioxidant and anticancer substance quercetin. Onions are used to prepare salads, first and second courses.
- Harvesting: The bulbs must be dense with the dry outer skin. It is not advised to buy bulbs with stiffened central arrows and dark spots. When stored in the fridge. Onions are suitable for use for more than a month. When storing in a dry ventilated place, the onion should be used within two weeks.
- Use in smoothies: Cooking smoothies better from varieties with a mild odor. Before adding onions to a blender, peel, and chop.
Of course, we know that not everyone prefers cooking onion smoothie recipes. Some do not like these healthy plants because of an unpleasant smell. And others because of their tart and spicy taste. Here I can offer one simple way out. Make a smoothie for the recipe below, but without adding onions and garlic. Cut the garlic and onion into small pieces, and without chewing, swallow like a pill. Washed down with a vegetable smoothie. As a result, you will get the benefit by protecting yourself from germs and viruses. And you will not taste the smell.