Artichoke – the perfect way to lose weight. It is rich in fibre and helps the body better process fat, modifying it in such a way that fat is more easily excreted from the body.
We all know how hard it is to lose even a few kilograms when necessary. Is it true that only starvation will help in this situation? Absolutely not. You just need to eat more consciously and change your habits. And the artichoke will come to the rescue!
Artichokes are superfoods that are especially good for the liver and gallbladder. Many nutritionists claim that these plants contain invaluable antioxidant glutathione, which promotes the natural detox of the body and resists ageing.
Today we will talk about 4 ways to lose weight with it.
How artichoke helps to lose weight
Artichoke – one of the best plants used for healing and maintaining beauty. It cleans the body well, speeds up the metabolism and, in addition, is an excellent diuretic. It is also often referred to as a fat burner, but it still needs clarification.
Artichoke allows the body to better process fats. It does not destroy them but modifies them in such a way that they are easier removed from the body. But, of course, there can be no question of eating one artichoke for 2-3 weeks.
In the artichoke are a lot of fibre, trace elements (phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium), as well as very useful vitamin B1. But, in itself, the artichoke is not a complete product, it needs to be supplemented.
Artichoke is an ideal nutritional supplement that helps lose weight. When we follow a diet low in fat and sugar, this vegetable improves digestion, cleanses the body, helps remove excess fluid, thanks to cynarin, which also has a choleretic effect.
Fresh artichokes – a storehouse of nutrients for the human body. The calorie content of a raw vegetable flower is only 28 kcal per 100 grams of the product, boiled – increases to 53 kcal. Therefore, the raw fruits of the plant are widely used in the diet menu for weight loss.
The plant has a pronounced flavor of wood, mature walnut, Jerusalem artichoke.
How to eat the artichoke?
Young inflorescences are recommended to be consumed fresh, medium ripeness – pickled or canned, and mature – exclusively in stewed, boiled, fried, baked. Heat treatment of artichoke helps to soften the product, improves its absorption by the body.
Due to bad taste, refuse to accept the open inflorescences in favor of a fleshy receptacle, bottom rows of wrapping, juicy rosettes of basal leaves, flower baskets, stems, roots.
In cooking, artichokes are added to pasta, bread, pizza, salads, pies, risotto, desserts, jellies, sauces, side dishes for meat and fish. The nutty taste of the plant favorably emphasizes the peculiarities of the dish and gives savory notes even to the usual omelet. To keep the fresh artichoke longer, inflorescences are dipped in water, acidified with vinegar or lemon juice, for 5 minutes.
Large fruits with a fully formed core are necessarily subjected to heat treatment.
So, then you will learn top 4 ways to use artichoke for weight loss.
Artichoke and Pineapple
- 1 boiled artichoke
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 4 almond nuts
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 cup of water in which we cooked artichokes
- The first step is to cook the artichoke. When it softens, take it out of the water. Do not pour the water, it will be needed for a smoothie.
- Now chop the artichoke with pineapple and almond nuts in a blender.
- Затем добавляем к этой смеси сок из половинки лимона, стакан воды, в которой мы варили артишок, и все это хорошо перемешивается.
- 2 artichokes
- 0,5 litres water
- juice from one lemon
- Cook the artichokes until they are soft.
- We drink the water that remains after cooking during the day. And boiled artichokes, adding to them a little olive oil and apple cider vinegar, can be eaten for dinner.
- Mix the broth with the juice of half a lemon and drink in small quantities half an hour before meals.
Artichoke to speed up metabolism
- 1 boiled artichoke
- the water in which we cooked it
- a pinch of red pepper (cayenne pepper)
- a pinch of ground ginger
- So, you need to cook the artichoke. We do not pour out the water in which we cooked it.
- Now we make an infusion: we throw a pinch of pepper and a pinch of ginger into the water, bring it to a boil and remove it from the fire. Let the infusion cool.
- And the last step: using a blender, grind and mix all the ingredients (artichoke, half a glass of water in which it is cooked, and an infusion of red pepper and ginger).
Artichoke smoothie with parsley
- 1 Artichoke
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Parsley (chopped greens)
- Rinse artichoke, cut the stem down to the base. Tear off external damaged or dried petals. Quickly grate a cut with lemon juice, so as not to darken.
- In the center – the base of the famous “heart” of artichoke – is a delicacy.
- Cut off the top of the artichoke by 3-4 cm. Lubricate the slice with lemon juice, so as not to darken.
- Put in boiling salted water. Cover with a saucer on top so that the light artichoke does not float to the surface and cook in a place with lemon for 20-30 minutes. Then immediately put in a bowl with very cold water and even ice cubes.
- Posting one artichoke. Determine the readiness of a toothpick. If a toothpick comes in easily – it is ready!
- Remove from the middle about a third of the petals. I cut the artichoke in half for demonstration only !!!
- Take out the barbed intermediate part, do not eat it!
- This is what is used in cooking – fleshy petioles of petals and the “heart” of the artichoke is nothing more than a fleshy receptacle !!!
- And this petal does not bite or chew! Dunk tightly in sauce and stretch between teeth.
- Here is the middle of the flower! The upper part is inedible!
- We “pull it out” (it is easily separated and – on the left, the edible part is the heart of the artichoke.
fresh, medium sized, with unopened inflorescence and dense
leaves and wilted, withered tips of the “petals”.
- For the simplest sauce: Lemon juice + olive oil + very finely chopped parsley, beat well with a blender. Add salt and pepper to the taste.
Benefits and harms
The healing properties of the plant:
- It protects the liver from the harmful effects of toxins, improves the regeneration of organ cells.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Eliminates the manifestation of toxicosis in pregnant women.
- Improves bile secretion, reduces the risk of cholecystitis.
- Prevents premature ageing, neutralizes the damaging effects of free radicals on the body, prolongs youth.
- Removes slags, toxins, heavy metals, alkaloids, hepatotoxic substances.
- Reduces cellulite, smoothes wrinkles, accelerates hair growth.
- Cleans and stimulates the kidneys.
- Improves metabolism, cerebral circulation; eliminates the discomfort after overeating.
- Reduces the risk of developing heart disease, blood vessels, liver, malignant neoplasms.
- Alkaline the body, reducing the increased acid content in the stomach.
- Eliminates the strong smell of sweat.
- Struggles with baldness, allergies, hepatitis, inflammation of the gallbladder, atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, intoxication.
- Reduces blood sugar.
Artichoke juice is of particular value for men: supports sexual strength, increases sexual activity. In addition, it is an indispensable tool for hangovers. The inflorescences of the plant break down and neutralize alcohol well, have a strong diuretic effect. The core and flakes of the fruit of the plant, containing a large number of flavonoids, are effective in the prevention of oncology.
Due to internal changes in the body (normalization of the nervous, digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine systems). The functional state of hair, skin, and nails is significantly improved.
Despite its beneficial properties, there are contraindications to the use of artichoke.
- gastric ulcer, gastritis with the low acidity of gastric juice;
- idiosyncrasy (plant allergy);
- low blood pressure;
- breastfeeding period;
- kidney disease.
Can children eat artichokes?
For babies, under 6 years old, it is forbidden to include the inflorescence “vegetable” in the diet. After 6 years, the product can be gradually introduced into the child’s menu under the strict supervision of adults. At the same time, watch the reaction of the child’s body to a new ingredient.
Possible side effects of taking the herb are allergic reactions, diarrhoea, constipation, bitter taste in the mouth.
Artichoke during pregnancy
According to the conclusion of doctors. The use of artichokes has a beneficial effect on the body of a pregnant woman.
- strengthens the body of the mother, the fetus;
- reduces the load on the liver, gallbladder (due to the manifestation of a mild diuretic action);
- compensates for the lack of folic acid in the diet;
- removes toxins;
- eliminates the manifestations of toxicosis;
- eliminates swelling.
Remember, in the period of childbearing. The liver, gallbladder, and gastrointestinal tract take the greatest brunt of themselves. Because of an increase in the concentration of female hormones in the blood, bile formation increases. So any digestive problem can worsen and complicate the course of pregnancy.
To eliminate unpleasant symptoms, during pregnancy it is recommended to adhere to proper nutrition, daily routine. Take artichoke-based drugs that improve the functioning of the digestive and urinary systems.
Artichoke – a useful edible flower, which is famous for its high content of fibre, nutrients, with a low content of calories and fat. The plant exhibits healing properties. It supports normal metabolic functions, stimulates proper digestion, removes harmful cholesterol, improves skin, hair. Destroys toxic compounds, fights free radicals. And prevents the appearance of colon cancer and genital organs.
In order for the organism to derive maximum benefit from the artichoke, it must be chosen in the period of natural ripening (spring, autumn). Fruits should have succulent scales, tight to each other. Do not buy withered, flaccid inflorescences with hardened brown upper leaves.
The most valuable for the human body is an artichoke with a still unformed core. In such a plant, the inflorescences are completely edible and do not require preliminary heat treatment.
Include artichokes in the daily menu of preventive, therapeutic considerations and protect your health!
Remember, the artichoke is a medicinal herb, before use of which you should always consult with your doctor about the safety of use. As with any medication, it can cause allergies and worsening state of health. Do not self-medicate, because it is not always safe!