The thigh is an upper part of the leg from the knee to the hip joint. The femur is a huge (the largest in a human body) bone, which is called femoral and surrounded by muscles. Femoral muscles are responsible for flexion, extension and rotation of legs in the hip joints. The primary flesh of your thigh is a quadriceps muscle or quadriceps, they consist of 4 tissues: the medial broad thigh muscle, located on the inner surface of your leg, the straight and intermediate thick muscles find on the front side of your thigh, the broad lateral hamstrings situated on the outside of a femur.
On the back of a thigh, there is a biceps femoris muscle and the small muscle flexors which connect with it. The problem zone for a lot of women appears to be thighs. That is the area, where along with the abdomen muscles and buttocks, most often sag extra kilograms, forming the so-called ” breeches”.
Following exercises will help you to get rid of these problems and work out the muscles of your thighs. These exercises are responsible for the development of your legs! It is necessary to perform them at least three times a week, for about 2-3 months to achieve a noticeable result. Before starting the workout, you need to warm up. For example, around 5 minutes of running on the spot are okay. Complete three sets of each exercise with an interval of about 1-2 minutes.
- To retract of the knees. Stand in the main stand, spread wide the shoulders, strain the abs and put your hands on the waist. Stand on toes with your left leg and weight your body on the right leg. While bending the left leg, raise it from the floor, straighten and, without lowering, take her to the side. Do it around 10-15 times with each foot. It straightens quadriceps and muscles of the hamstrings.
- Half-jag. Lie on your back; hands should stretch along your body, legs bend at the knees, do not raise them off the floor. While straining the muscles of the buttocks and thighs, lift the pelvis and your back. Hands should stay pressed to your body, resting only on shoulders and feet. The body should form a straight line from your knees to your shoulders. Stay in this position for a few seconds, lower the pelvis and straighten your legs. Repeat it for 8-15 times. Further you can complicate the exercise by lying on the floor on your back, putting the heels on a chair, then lifting the buttocks from the floor and simultaneously lifting your right leg, straightening the whole body from the shoulders to the thighs, then go back to the initial position, repeat it for 10-15 times and after that switch legs. It strengthens muscles of the buttocks and your hamstrings.
- Scissors. Sit on a floor, straighten your back and pull in your abdominal muscles. Quickly turn to the right and lean against the level with half-bent hands, at the same time trying to make vertical scissors with your legs. Then lower your legs and return to the initial position. Do this exercise for 5-10 times in each direction. It is quite a strenuous exercise, and you may not succeed in doing it right away. Therefore, perform it slowly in the beginning gradually increasing the pace. It strengthens all the muscles of your thighs and the muscles of the buttocks.
- Semi-squats. Stand straight; arms should be crossed over your chest, place your feet on the width of the shoulders slowly squat until your hips become parallel to a floor. Perform it for 10-12 times, then, without a break, lift on your toes and go back for 20 times. It will count as one approach. This exercise strengthens the muscles of your thigh and a lower part of the leg.
- Half-boat. Lie on your stomach and pull your arms forward. While straining the muscles of your buttocks and thighs, raise the right leg while raising your hands. Hold this position for a few seconds. Repeat this 8-10 times for each foot. Further, try to do the complete “boat”, that is while doing the exercise, lift both of your feet simultaneously. Muscles of the hamstrings and buttocks strengthened by doing this exercise.
- Lifting the hips. To do this exercise, lay down on your left side with your right hand leaning against the floor at the level of the waist and with the left palm should rest on the floor in such a way that the elbow place above the palm. Push the hips off the floor with force; hands should stay in the same position. Hold it for 2-3 seconds and then lower your legs. Repeat it for ten times on each side. This exercise will strengthen the quadriceps, buttocks and oblique abdominal muscles.
- To wag your legs. Stand straight; you can lean on the support (for example, back of the chair or a window sill). Perform wags with a straight leg to the front, to the side and the end, as slowly as possible and as higher as possible. Do it for 20-30 times on each leg in each direction. This exercise will help you to get rid of breeches.
- Hip transfer to the side. Sit on the floor, pull your legs as close as possible to your buttocks, try to do it without taking your feet off the floor. Hands should lean against the level from behind. Slowly lower the hips to the right, while trying to touch the floor with them, then repeat the other way. Do it for 10-20 times in each direction after you finish your training, pull the hip muscles, perform stretching exercises to avoid pain in them on the next day.
- Stand in front of a wall, raise your right foot and grip its ankle with your right hand, lean against the wall with your left side. Slowly pull the leg back up until you feel the tension in the front of your thigh. Hold this position for 20-30 seconds, then change your pin and repeat. It stretches the muscles of the front surface of your femur.
- Lie on the back, bend your legs, while pulling your feet right to the buttocks. The left leg should wrap around the sun, draw on yourself, and you should feel the tension, stay in this position for 20-30 seconds, then repeat with another leg. It stretches the muscles of the back of your thigh.
- Lay down on the back, bend your left leg, the foot should stay on the floor, pull up to the chest the right leg’s knee, grasp caviar with your arms, lower the heel to your left hip, with your right-hand press down on your knee in a direction which is away from yourself. The back should stay pressed to the floor, pull the foot towards yourself. Stay like that for 20-30 seconds and then switch legs. It stretches the muscles of the inner surface of your thigh. If you are used to intensive training – you will need strength exercises for the muscles of your legs.