You know that without an effective strategy it is hard to achieve the results in your workout. In order to get the best effect out of your training. You need to do the first but very essential step.
Create the plan for your workout routine:
At first glance, it may seem like the simplest idea. Because there are lots of training programs from famous athletes. Take them, do it and achieve the same results. However, this is not that case.
There are a lot of programs, but there is no guarantee that they will work for you.
But if you are a complete beginner, then it will be much more difficult. After all, you do not even know what muscles this or that exercise trains. Therefore, we highly recommend you to use the tips from our experts.
On how to organize your own workout routine.
How to Build your Workout Routine?
There are some main tips to make a perfect scheme for your training. Your results will improve after following our pieces of advice. Step by step, you will define the kind of training which fits you the better.
In general, workout routine in the gym can pursue 5 main goals:
- Increase muscle mass and strength;
- Weight loss;
- Increase strength (without changing body weight);
- Relief (without changing body weight);
- Maintaining the achieved form.
In each of these fields, you can still highlight or focus on individual parts of the body. But these are nuances. In general, you should choose only one goal for yourself. Since it will not be possible to pursue several goals at the same time.
You will simply chase several hares and will not catch one.
Actually, a sportsman who starts his workout routine must set a goal. The goal is closely related to what effect he wants to achieve from a workout. Based on the goal, the training plan is built.
Q: Why do you need to decide on the training goal?
A: The purpose of the training is necessary to get the necessary result from your workout routine. Often, the goal of training depends on whether the person is a professional trainer. Or he will be unskilled.
And just want to maintain his physical shape at a certain level. The purpose of training is necessary for an individual training program. Knowing his goal, the person will be sure. That the exercises will allow him to achieve the desired result in a short time.
The purpose of training is chosen before the start of training. But can be changed in the early stages. When a person will assess their physical abilities. And clearly set the desire to achieve a particular result in sports.
Q: Why is it impossible to work on several goals at once?
A: It is impossible to work on achieving several goals at once. Since this will not allow achieving the desired result. For example, if you choose an increase in muscle mass. And the creation of a relief body. Then a person will do various exercises on the same workout. The muscle mass may increase due to this. Then without special strength exercises, he will not be able to make his press relief.
Depending on the chosen goal, a training program, a diet, and a number of approaches to the exercise are selected. Pursuing several goals at once, the person will train in vain, wasting his strength.
There are several training goals, including mentioned above. They are chosen at the start of the workout routine. Your trainer can help you. Or after attending the test training.
Based on what he saw at the training, a person can make a decision. Whether he needs professional sports. Or he only wants to maintain his physical training at the same level.
- The goals of the training activities are different. There are several of them. And they are achieved separately. If you choose several goals, a person will not be able to achieve the result. The most popular goal of training is the growth of muscle mass. This goal is set by those who wish to build muscle mass. With the help of proper nutrition and active exercise.
- When choosing this goal, a person has several tasks. Giving up bad habits. Following a diet and constant training to increase muscle mass. This goal can be achieved with the use of special sports nutrition and without it. Depending on the level of training and the degree of physical health.
- There is another goal of training – increasing strength. This goal allows you to achieve increased physical endurance. Here the same principles of the regime are used. The training program includes exercises that allow you to achieve increased levels of endurance.
- A quite different approach is chosen with the purpose of creating a relief body. Here you need a special diet, strict keeping to the regime and the individual training program.
Set the number of workouts
The amount of training in your workout routine is determined by your goal and your abilities. Such as the amount of free time, money and energy. If you just want to keep fit, then 2 workouts a week is enough.
But as a rule, people are forced to build their workout routine on the availability of free time. Just do not deceive yourself. Actually, evaluate your abilities. And think about how often you will be able to attend the gym.
After all, if you make a plan for 4 workouts per week, and you will only train 2 – 3 times. Then you will have to build the plan again.
Suppose you have just started your workout routine. Or have already gone for a short run a couple of times. But for the time being, you have little idea how much you need to train. Believe us, 3 times a week will be quite enough.
Mind the distribution on days Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. That is, you should not practice every day. Even the opposite – let your body rest. If you keep this training schedule fixed for a long time. Then you will not have to wait for the result for a long time. You will really become stronger and more enduring.
If you have more time and the desire to achieve the goal as quickly as possible. Then alternate power and regular loads by day. That is, for example, on Monday you do strength training in the gym. And on Wednesday – light cardio, no more than 30 minutes. Against the light aerobic exercise.
The result from strength or speed strength training is great. The main point – do not overtrain. However, this applies to all levels of training. And in no case feel free to a little extra weight or low intensity. Remember, your goal for the first time is consistency. Do not forget to monitor the state of the pulse every day. Sometimes it is the only indicator that can tell you about your real health condition.
Many of us sometimes begin to approach the workout routine not right. Simply because they want to achieve results as quickly as possible. But believe us, daily workouts of 2-3 hours will not be effective. So do not neglect the rest. Even professional athletes need time to heal.
If you are already used to training 3 times a week. And want to take part in a competition or race. Then make a workout routine with 4-5 training days per week. For example, Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Saturday-Sunday. It turns out that a week consists of two microcycles for 2 and 3 days.
Experiment with the intensity during your workout routine. Do not be afraid to go into the anaerobic mode, watch your pulse. Train in anaerobic regimes no more than 2 times a week. For example, in the middle of the week and at the end. Always alternating them with low-intensity days or days of rest. It is precisely that training of different tempo will help to succeed.
If you are already an experienced sportsman. And take part in competitions. Or just have a perfect physical shape. Then we doubt that you will get to know something new in the training process. But at the high level of training, the main thing does not change. It is the ability to monitor your feelings and general state.
Especially when you need to take part in the competitions. And the pulse indicators can be within a norm. And the additional training can only harm you. This happens when the fatigue and the strong desire to stay a home appears. During such days it is better to have a good rest. The workout routine can comprise 5-6 training days in a week. It is while a period of intense training. And 3-5 days while maintaining the shapes.
When you are in competitive form or close to it. Then high-intensity training in anaerobic mode should be about 15-20% of all your activities. The remaining 80% are very quiet activities. If there is a heart rate monitor. Then conduct a training in 1-2 zones. This means that you do not need to exhaust every day on hard training. It is enough to train right and listen to the body.
- Do not go to the gym if you feel weak due to a cold or general fatigue. And do not confuse it with laziness and unwillingness to train. In this case, you do not need to overcome yourself. Rest a couple of days, until the desire to train does not return.
- If you are just too lazy to do something. There can be only one piece of advice. Overcome this laziness.
- Eat right and sleep enough time (7-8 hours a day). And you will stop looking for ways to cheer up.
- If you feel well, always play with the speed of running, driving or doing exercises. A sharp, but a short shake-up is very useful. And does not allow the body to get used to the monotonous load. As a result, you become stronger and more enduring. The closest analogy that proves efficiency is a variation.
- If you, for example, work until 10 pm. And think that there is no chance of gaining a good shape with such a schedule. Then know that this is not so. Train, but in the low intensity and not for long. It is better to go to an easy workout at 10 pm, than not to go out at all. You will not stop working. But you will take care of yourself.
- No matter how trained you are. Be a realist and do not write yourself a week-long training plan. With seven full and intense training days without rest. Take the most of your opportunities. Taking into account work, road, family, other leisure. And, of course, time to recover.
- Focus on the seven-day microcycle. At first, it is the easiest way.
We highlight 6 methods of doing the exercises:
- Separate (suitable for strength or mass growth).
- Method one approach (suitable for strength or mass growth).
- Supersets (suitable for weight gain, weight loss and relief).
- Alternating supersets (suitable for weight gain, weight loss and relief).
- Circular (suitable for weight loss).
- Combined (suitable for weight loss and relief).
Each method is suitable for one, 2 or even 3 goals. And is absolutely not suitable for the others. But at the same time for each goal, there are 2 – 3 suitable methods.
Suppose you can lose weight using the supersets, the circular method, and combined workouts. But in order to gain muscle mass, you need to use the separate method or supersets. And for strength (without weight gain) only a separate method is suitable.
It is the most common exercise method. And each of you uses it all the time. The point is very simple. You do the first approach of the first exercise. Have a rest. Then go to the second approach of the workout routine. When you “get rid of” the first exercise, you rest and move on to the second. And so on all the training.
This is the easiest and most popular way to do a workout. And we advise all beginners to start with it. It is great for increasing strength and muscle mass. But not good if it comes to losing weight. Exercise intensity is too low. Workouts with this approach are purely strength in nature and are far from aerobics.
But even if you came to the gym to lose weight. But you do not have the experience of training. You better work out separately for the first month. And then go to a more complex version – supersets.
With the separate method, usually, there is one tendency. The most difficult and energy-intensive exercises are put at the beginning of the training. When there is more strength. That is, they begin with basic exercises, and finish with minor ones.
It is when one approach consists of two or more approaches from different exercises. In other words, if you do one approach of one exercise. Then, without rest, one approach of another exercise is a superset.
What is the reason to do in such a way? First, the intensity of training increases. That is, for the same amount of time you perform more approaches. And we know that the greater the intensity, the greater the needs for burning fat tissue. It turns out that whatever version of supersets you choose.
Such training will always be more fat burning than training with separate exercises. It is due to the increase in the intensity of training. Most often supersets from two exercises are used. Sometimes more. Mind that the more exercises you want to put into one superset, the greater strength endurance you should have. Superset of three or more exercises – only for rather experienced athletes.
This method is nothing like power aerobics. That is, it is a cross between pure aerobics and strength training. The main point is that all the exercises you do in a circle.
Suppose you have 10 exercises per workout. You perform one approach of the first exercise. Then, without rest, one approach of the second exercise. And so on, until you do without rest on one approach in all exercises. Thus, you get one mega-approach. Which is one circle. Then, after resting, you go to the next round with the same exercises. And there may be several such circles for training. Usually from three to five (depending on the number of exercises).
As you, probably, guess. This method of training is very hard and suits only quite trained people. You must have good strength endurance (which does not come directly).
What are the options of supersets?
- Option when supersets consist of exercises on unrelated muscle groups. Suppose legs – shoulders, biceps – chest, buttocks – triceps, and so on. This option is good when you just want to lose weight. Thanks to this method, you will keep the overall training longer. Since you do not focus on any muscle group. And that is why you spend more energy on such training. Since you can load up all the muscles of your body during one workout. Of course, you do not pump up muscle mass with this method. But the effect in terms of losing excess weight from such a workout will be maximum.
- Another option is when exercises on the same muscle group are used in supersets. Suppose: bench press – divorces with dumbbells lying. Squats with a barbell – straightening the legs in the simulator. This is a more “point approach”. When you use several exercises “from all sides”. Usually, 3 – 4 muscle groups are trained with this method in one training session. This method is less aimed at weight loss. Less – does not mean that you can not lose weight from him. But this option is more helpful to the growth of your muscles. Since you load specific muscles more in each workout.
- The third option is when exercises on muscles are included in supersets. For example biceps – triceps. Pectoral muscles – the broadest muscles of the back. Press – the extensors of the spine. In its effect, this option can be called the average between the first and second. Antagonists (as a rule) are located in one part of the body. And training of any muscle leads to an increase in the blood supply. By training your biceps, you improve blood flow in the triceps. And vice versa. As a rule, not one, but two – three supersets are used to train one pair of muscles.
Useful tips for your workout routine
All these 5 methods can be varied both in one workout and in one week. At this point, it depends on your imagination. For example:
1. Combined circular training for girls (we have a circular method and a combined one in one workout).
2. Male set of exercises “four in one” (each training is done by a different method. Only 4 methods: except alternating supersets).
- Choose a method for yourself according to your training level, goals and the hall workload. If you are a beginner. Then do not take methods that are more complex than supersets.
- As you can see, for any purpose there are several methods of training. This allows you to vary your workouts. And change not only the exercises but also the methods. While striving towards the same goal.
- Supersets and alternating supersets are varied methods. That can be adapted for any purpose. For this, you need to vary the weight, repetition and rest time. Reducing or increasing, thereby, the intensity of training. The remaining 3 methods are highly specific. They do an excellent job with their main tasks. But are poorly suited for other purposes.
Decide on a set of exercises
Write down all the exercises you want to do in training. And it is better to sort them at once by muscle groups. If you do not have enough experience. Then this may cause problems due to simple ignorance of anatomy and biomechanics.
The amount of exercise can vary greatly. Based on your goals and the number of workouts.
Then the number of exercises may be 40 or even more.
Any competent trainer will always tell you how to train right and which exercises to choose. But you can create a workout routine yourself. For this, you need to carefully study the basics of training and varieties of exercises.
The choice of exercises depends on the level of physical training and physical data in general. Naturally, a person without any training experience should not right away try difficult exercises.
It is advisable to start with a posture control. In order to know where to pay more attention to during the training.
- If you have not been very active in sports before. Especially in sports that affect slow muscles. Then start with the most essential, basic exercises.
- If your muscles already have experience. We advise you also to start with the main one. You just quickly move on to more complex exercises.
- Remember that some exercises may not be fit for you. Mind that no one knows your body better than you. Just listen to it and do not overdo with the loads. Do not forget about the precautions.
Let’s have a look at the essentially different strength and cardio exercises for weight loss. So, strength training involves the use of special weighting equipment. Such as dumbbells.
They are aimed primarily at growing the muscles and improving shape. Cardio training occurs without the use of additional weighting. As can be seen from its very name, such training is designed to improve the activity of the cardio system.
This type of fitness includes aerobics, jogging, exercise on exercise bikes, etc.
In the process of power loads, the blood flow is accelerated. And metabolic processes in the body are stimulated. And the last process continues after the end of the workout. Strength training also requires a lot of energy. Resulting in a huge amount of calories burned during exercise.
However, if we are talking about short and very intense power loads. Then the body burns, first of all, carbs. And not fat stores, with the goal of “energy supply”. But then, in order to recover, it is used and fat reserves. And this effect lasts a long time after the end of the power exercises.
And what happens to the fats in the process of cardio? Increased oxygen consumption by the body leads to the fact. That the calories during such active exercises are consumed with amazing speed. And a slight weight loss is noticeable even on the weights after a workout. But after them, the body does not require a long recovery. So in this case, the effect of burning fat is very short-lived.
So what to chose? Running, swimming, aerobics or gym workouts? As each kind of sports has its pros and cons. It is advisable to include all mentioned above activities into your workout routine. Yes, with the help of cardio exercises you can burn weight fast. And strength training will allow spending calories even after the workout.
In order that your workout was the most effective. Start your complex with the strength exercises. The following cardio exercises will help to burn more fats. You can distribute the cardio and strength exercises. And practice them in turn. For example, exercising on the running treadmill in the first part of the day. It will help you to get rid of the fat deposits got in the previous day. And the evening training will help to lower the level of fat deposits in the body.
In general, making the complexes for your workout routine. Fitness trainers advice such an approach:
If you want to maintain your shapes. And you do not need to lose some kilos. Then focus on cardio training.
If you need to lose weight. Moreover, you want to lose certain kilos. In that case, give preference to strength exercises. You will not achieve the desired result without them.
After you have chosen all the exercises. You need to scatter them for training. How to scatter – depends on the goal.
- When gaining mass or strength. 1 – 3 muscle groups per workout. Depending on the number of workouts. Not more. That is, no need to try at every workout to train all the muscles.
- Weight loss. On the contrary, all the muscles work out at each training a little. Here your task is to load the whole body and spend as much energy as possible.
- Relief. Separation by type is possible. Both during weight gain and by type, as with weight loss. It depends on the method of training. Besides, on the features of your body and the focus of your diet.
- Shape maintaining. Well, there can be any option. Depending on how you achieved this form. Through weight loss or through weight gain.
Exercises are distributed in any balanced and well-made training program. The rationally organised workout routine will allow you to quickly achieve the desired result.
Any program consists of a set of exercises that affect different muscle groups. In its turn, they affect the main organs and body systems functioning in different ways. To distribute exercise by day.
Starting training, you must strictly follow the defined program.
Constant missing the training, random approach to exercises, the absence of a clearly defined goal will lead to a loss of motivation. Most likely, after 2-3 months, the person, noticing the lack of visible results, will stop training.
The result is possible only with a well-developed plan and its strict following. And after the first results, there will be an interest in continuing workouts. A typical training plan for regular classes:
- A set of physical exercises and the rules for preparing for them (warm-up, stretching).
- An optimal amount of physical activity for each muscle group, part of the body. Over time, the intensity of training should increase, the volume of the load to increase.
- Optimal alternation of intense workouts and periods of recovery (rest) of the body.
- Well-chosen diet.
- Training schedule or log (for fixing the results).
After some time, the body becomes accustomed to a constant load. The effectiveness of exercise drops. In this case, you need to change the training plan every 2 months.
Next, you need to decide on the order of the exercises in your workout routine. Which also plays a big role. Especially when gaining weight. With weight loss – less, but still do not neglect this stage.
- When gaining mass or strength. You can put exercises in a block of 2-3 exercises. One after the other on the special group of muscles. And you can alternate the muscles. Biceps – triceps, chest – back, etc. In any case, at the end of the workout. You should train exactly the muscles that you have set for today.
- Weight loss. Here the “block” is not needed and even harmful. You just need to alternate the top – bottom. But by no means a block. The load must jump from one muscle to another. During the whole workout. It is the only way you can load the whole body.
- Relief. Can be both a block and alternate muscles. In some cases, alternating top-bottom is suitable. But this, in our opinion, is not a suitable option for relief.
- Shape maintaining. Here is any option. Again, it depends on how you came to this form.
It is very important to observe the correct order of exercises in your workout routine. Each professional athlete clearly knows how to manipulate the order of exercises.
In order to load or, on the contrary, help the work of a certain muscle group. Knowing how to manage this, you will be able to effectively organize a training program for yourself. And reach a higher level in bodybuilding.
It is accepted that each training should begin with basic (multi-joint) exercises. And end with isolating (one-joint-finishing) exercises.
There are basic and isolating exercises. Such a sequence is easily explained by the fact that growth of muscle mass requires an increase in strength. You will not see a really big bodybuilder, who is constantly weighing tiny weights in the trainer.
Because if the load does not increase. Then there is no point for the muscles to increase. Because muscles are very “energy consuming things.” It’s simple. The load grows – the muscles grow.
Sometimes it is essential to start with isolating exercises in your workout routine.
- When your working weights are large enough. This creates an increased risk of injury to the joints. Since these are the “weak links” involved in heavy movements. You need to pre-tire your muscles with insulating exercises. So you additionally load the muscles and do not give them the opportunity to lift as much as usual. As well as remove the excess load from the “weak links”.
- When your muscles still hurt after a previous workout. And this prevents you from properly exercising. You can warm up a bit with small weights. As well as add 10-15 minutes of cardio on an exercise bike or a treadmill.
In such a way, changing the order of exercise performance in the gym. The main thing is to follow your goal. So you can start your training from the isolation exercises in such cases.
As a rule, the workout routine starts with basic exercises. And also, with larger muscles. Large muscle groups are legs, back and chest. It is no secret that muscle groups differ in size. Here is a list of ascending muscle groups:
Hands (the smallest muscle group)
Legs (the largest muscle group).
When performing basic exercises. Not only the muscles to which the main load is directed work. But also other (auxiliary, stabilizing) muscles are included in the work. For example, when performing the bench press, the triceps is actively involved in the work. As well as the front (pushing) delta. Therefore, if you train the triceps at the next training session. You will most likely overtrain it. Because this will be the second training session in a row.
Here are the muscles that are included in the workout when training large muscle groups. It can also be noted that when training the legs, for example when performing dead thrust. The back and muscles of the core (press) can be included in the work.
Chest (front delta + triceps)
Back (back delta + biceps)
Muscle antagonists are muscles that perform opposite functions. For example, biceps – bends your arm at the elbow. In its turn, triceps – straightens. Training antagonists in pairs is very effective! The main thing is to do the exercises correctly.
For example, if you first made a triceps approach, before working on your biceps. Then when you flex your arm for biceps. You will have to additionally overcome the resistance that the triceps have to aspire to contract. Such a problem. Therefore, we first do the biceps, and then the extension on the triceps.
We repeat that this is very effective. Because having made an approach to an antagonist’s muscle after a muscle to be trained. You additionally stretch the muscle that you train. Thereby adding to its faster recovery. As well as increase its blood filling. Here are examples of antagonist muscles that are effective to train in a bundle:
Biceps + triceps.
Back + chest.
Front deltas + rear deltas.
Hip quadriceps + thigh biceps.
Back + front and middle deltas (various presses).
Chest + rear deltas (swinging, thrust).
It is very important to mind the order of exercises in your workout routine. Where you will perform them. Do not forget about the correct way of doing exercises.
Set the number of approaches and repetitions
Very important point. After all, it directly affects the intensity of your workouts. The more weight and fewer repetitions. The lower the intensity of training and less energy you spend.
We advise sharing approaches and repetitions as follows. Taking into account the warm-up.
- When gaining weight. 3 – 5 sets of 6 – 12 repetitions in basic exercises. And 3 – 4 sets of 10 – 15 repetitions in supporting exercises.
- With an increase in strength. 4 – 5 sets of 2 – 6 repetitions in basic exercises. And 3 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions in the supporting exercises.
- Weight loss. 2 – 4 sets of 12 – 20 repetitions everywhere.
- Relief. 2 – 4 sets of 12 – 15 repetitions everywhere.
- Shape maintaining. 3 – 4 approaches. The number of repetitions depends on your previous goal.
If you attend the gym with a special goal. Of course, you need to keep to your own workout routine. And the program involves not only a set of exercises. But also how many approaches to do on the muscle mass, on endurance, on strength or relief.
And also on how many repetitions should be in each of these approaches. Depending on what result you want to achieve. These values will vary. Approaches and repetitions are an essential part of the workout.
In order to improve the effectiveness of training, to achieve certain results.
If you just take the barbell and make the number of repetitions to the maximum. Then it will not bring much effect. Endurance and strength will increase too slowly. From such an inefficient waste of the physical resources of the body.
If you make, for example, 10 repetitions and proceed to the next exercise. There will be no progress either. The only thing you get is a “preventive” load on the muscles.
This approach is useful only in the case of exercising in the morning. The aim of this exercise is to maintain the muscular and circulatory system in a normal state and no more.
Different goals – different number of repetitions
You need to understand how many approaches and repetitions you need to do in different exercises. For example, an athlete-bodybuilder must know the number of repetitions for muscle growth. That is, how many repetitions to do to the mass (if he gains weight). And how many approaches and repetitions to do on the relief (if he dries). The number of repetitions in the approach depends on what you want to receive as a result of training.
For the strength growth, 2–4 repetitions in the approach are usually enough. Weights are taken at the same time large, close to the maximum.
To gain weight, the athlete must perform 5-10 repetitions. Working weight will be less than when working on the force. But still rather significant. The number of repetitions per mass should not be large. Often sets of mass and strength are referred to as separate training. Although the force grows after the mass. But the mass after the force – not always. It happens that a small muscle volume is more effective than full mountains of muscles. You can meet this in your life. It all depends on what percentage of muscle fibres are involved in the work.
When working on topography or losing weight. It is important to burn a lot of energy due to fat. Do this you allow a large number of repetitions with medium and light weights. Do 15–20 repetitions until your muscles start to burn.
Note again that for optimal training, you need to correctly choose working weights. It is necessary to ensure that with this weight you can make exactly the planned number of repetitions. If you can’t even make 1 extra repetition, that would be perfect. In practice, this happens rarely, so do not despair.
We should tell about how many repetitions are done on mass with an increase in the working weight. Following your own workout routine, it’s simple. When moving to a new weight. First, perform with it the minimum number of times in the range (5). And then increase to the maximum (up to 10).
When to increase the number of approaches?
There are cases when a person participates in competitions where the maximum number of repetitions is required. For example, in a crossfit). Here you need to train it on the amount. You will have to forget about how many repetitions and approaches to the mass, relief, or anything else. So, how to increase the number of repetitions? Here are a couple of techniques.
First, you need to work on maximum repetitions with a good rest. Naturally, in each following approach, you will have fewer repetitions than the previous one.
The second technique is various “ladders”. For example, increase in working weight and work on a maximum by quantity. Or you can choose a specific weight and make 50 repetitions with it. Then increase the weight and do as many repetitions. One day there will come a time when your muscles can no longer perform a single repetition.
Actually, there can not be a universal workout routine program for several people. In each case, it will be different. Depending on the aim and for whom it is created. The program for men and women will differ not only in the level of load. But also depending on the goal. It can be the relief, weight loss or just getting healthier.
For girls, the main goal is a beautiful figure. Sometimes the main accent is made on some body parts. Such as abs, buttocks and so on. Men are often interested in bodybuilding for muscle growth. It is like the trend in men’s beauty.
Considering the age, body type, health condition, physical training level. Besides, the experience of exercising in the gym. The personal plan of workout routine is created. It is necessary to correctly create the individual program with the exercising complex. That perfectly fits your goal. For example, Crossfit is a high-intensity training. So it will not suite the beginners. Here a good level of physical training is needed.
Do not forget to make also nutrition program. It is also an important component of your workout routine. Without it, you will not see the result. Especially if you decided to lose weight. A proper nutrition guarantees up to 70% of success. It notices the increased load on the muscles. And provides the sufficient protein intake into the body. For example, in form of protein cocktails. Muscle growth occurs not in the process of training. But during the rest. And without an additional “building material” it will be less intensive.
The safety of exercises is very important. Especially if you train on the treadmill at home. It will be hard to achieve a great result with muscle gain while training at home. That is why it is better to build a workout routine aimed at muscle mass only for the gym. But fitness program can be very effective at home.
Why do you need a complex program?
In fact, you can perform similar exercises for hours. But you do not get the desired result. Moreover, you can even harm yourself doing that. The theoretical knowledge is needed. To correctly define the periodic loads. And build your own workout routine for a week.
There are lots of video programs from popular style icons. That are in trend. Of course, it is mainly women’s obsession. You can try using them. But the optimal variant will be creating your own workout routine. With taking into account your individual characteristics. It is hard to define the needed load yourself. Moreover, it should slowly increase with a time.
It is necessary to consider your body’s recreational abilities with a time. As a rule, breaks between attending the gm should be 1-2 days. But if you need more time for recovery after your strength workouts. Then maybe you should lower the load. Building the workout routine online include a detailed plan for all training. There are a warm-up, set and sequence of exercises, the nature and level of load, the number of sets and approaches in each exercise. Besides, the pace of their performance, intervals for rest. So while building your workout routine, use our pieces of advice. And you will definitely achieve success. Good luck!
About repetition everything is clear. But with how many approaches to do, the situation is more complicated.
The approach is a continuous exercise. For example, a heavy barbell to the belt, even in one repetition. Can be called an approach. When you put the barbell – the approach ended, the rest began.
Then, when you begin to do the exercise again, the next approach will begin.
And even better – will provide an opportunity to grow further.
- So, what to do for the growth of muscle mass. Follow 3-4 approaches, not counting the warm-up.
- The same approaches should be done for losing weight.
- A warm-up, in this case, can be complex for the whole body before starting a workout. And to increase the strength it is better to perform a couple more approaches.
As you noticed, the number of repetitions decreases and approaches – increases while your workout routine.
Rest time between exercises
Standards order to rest for 45, 60, 90 seconds. But blindly follow your stopwatch is stupid. Of course, from the anatomical point of view, all people are similar. And their organisms function in the same way.
But after all, each person has their own physical characteristics. This is manifested in the difference in recovery time. Besides, the speed of mass gain, strength. So we are all alike but still different.
That is why it is impossible for everyone to recommend the same recovery time. Tell the number of approaches in this regard is easier. Your task – based on standards, to develop your own time limits. Standards are as follows:
- For mass gain, take 60–90 seconds.
- For weight loss, try to rest a minimum amount of time.
- And when you work for strength, you can rest for three and five minutes. Focus on your feelings. It is important to let the muscles recover. But at the same time start the next approach before they “cool down”.
Based on these numbers, listen to your feelings while doing your workout routine. If after the next rest you can’t do 2–3 repetitions, although 10 are planned. You took a heavy weight or you just had very little rest.
Leave a Reply