readmill book holder, such as Source One LLC Extra Deep is made for extra occupation while doing workout routine. Tablet or Ipad holder for exercise bike adds more to usual running.
Haven’t you try these yet? See full review to figure out all advantages.
Treadmill book, tablet, iPad holder
Everyone interested in fitness and health probably heard about 10 thousand steps you need to take daily. Everything is clear and logical here. The more you move, the healthier you will be, the more you sit, the sooner you will get back pain.
Using the activity tracker (such as Letscom fitness tracker) you clearly see that you’re moving a little:
2-3 thousand steps a day. People, who want to change this, tackle the following problem: where to find the time to move so much every day?
Universal holder for tablet, book and smartphone for a treadmill and exercise bike is an extra helper for health and fitness.
- 100% brand bew universal high quality product
- New airflow design
- Universal holder, well fit for Ipad and any other 4-11 inch tablet
- Adjustable length and height
- Easy to install and remove
- Turn up and down at different angles
Add an element of style to your fitness routine with a universal tablet holder with a quick-release mounting strap. Just attach iPad to treadmill to stay motivated while walking. Or increase endurance using a tablet holder for elliptical machine.
If you need a lot of tasks, catch up with emails or make reading easy:
A universal treadmill tablet mount fits and holds all smartphones. Any 7-inch-12-inch tablets with the screen size at the place of attachment.
By simply interacting with your tablet during training, with music or streaming video, you are more likely to increase your mood. The fear and horror of a long, hard training disappears, and you become healthier and happier.
Tablet, book holder for exercise bike
The Tacx T2092 tablet holder for exercise bike is designed to fix the tablet in the center of the bike wheel.
Thanks to the various adapters included with the Tacx T2092. The angle of the Tacx holder is adjustable for optimal readability. Width and height are adjustable with absolute precision and have the most universal boundaries of action.
- Exact adjustment of height and width;
- Adjustable horizontal width: 17-24 cm;
- Adjustable vertical width: 10-28 cm;
- The reliable holder with a fastener;
- Adapters and mounts are included.
- Tacx T2092 is intended for indoor use only (for exercise bikes).
Fix the iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S to the handlebar of the exercise bike.
So the big screen will always be visible, for example, demonstrating the video in the background, set the rhythm of the drive. A bottle of sports drink can also be stored in the center. Mounting on a pipe, steering wheel, bicycle frame with a diameter of 19-35 mm;
DIY treadmill Ipad holder
This convenient holder will cost you a penny at a cost, and doing sports will be much more convenient.
Now, during cardio loads on an exercise bike, you can watch your favorite movie, series, or just listen to music. At the same time, nothing will bother you anywhere. All the details are not tricky life hack.
- adhesive tape;
- cable ties;
- a simple plastic case for a smartphone;
- nail and hammer or Dremel with a small diameter drill.
- Step 1. Take the magazine and roll it up. Fix the print edition in this form using strips of tape. It is not so convenient to use ready-made PVC pipes. If you resort to the method of fastening described in this master class, the tube slides down or turns over all the time, and therefore the magazine is the most practical and convenient option for making the holder base.
- Step 2. So that in the future the magazine does not break up, seal the tube received from it with tape completely.
- Step 3. Attach the handset from the magazine to the simulator. Place it between the two handles at a convenient height for you. Use cable ties as mounts.
- Step 4. Make four holes in the phone case. How they should be located, you can see in the above photo. You can make holes with a drill, the diameter corresponding to the size of the cable ties, or with a regular nail and hammer.
- Step 5. Pass the cable ties through the prepared holes in the plastic case.
- Step 6. Attach the cover to the pipe from the magazine.
The smartphone holder for the exercise bike is ready. You only need to fix the gadget to it, and evaluate the usability of such a simple homemade product.
Fitness expert review
My friend asked me: “If you want to walk 10 thousand steps a day, go out and walk 10 thousand steps, what’s the problem?”
On the one hand, this is logical, but on the other, you must pay for everything. In this case, payment is accepted by the most valuable resource – time. To get at least some changes, you need to walk an hour every day, which means I have to “pay” 7 hours a week.
Is it possible for free?
I began to walk down the stairs instead of the elevator. This helped, but did not add many steps. Then I decided to use all the possibilities to move to the maximum without finding a special time for this.
From this moment I not only went down the stairs, but also climbed. At first, my wife did not support me, and this experience gave me two interesting discoveries.
My first discovery
The first was that even when climbing to the 6th floor on foot, my time was not wasted. Our elevator is slow and if we start at the same time with it, then on the 6th he arrives just 10 seconds before me.
And since quite often the elevator still needs to wait. In practice it often turned out that I already managed to open the door and take off my shoes when my wife just arrived on the floor.
My second discovery
The second discovery was not so pleasant – I noticed that when climbing on foot, my breathing was already lost on the 3rd floor. It’s a shit, but it’s good even though I didn’t take it so late and am still able to climb without an elevator at all!
In addition to mastering the stairs, I began to park in a different way. Previously, like most, I was looking for a place closer to the entrance to the porch or store, but now, on the contrary, I take a place away.
Here, time also does not disappear, since taking the first available place far from the entrance, there is no need to travel along the entrance or “fit” into a narrow parking space. Yes, on the way back I have to drag bags or carry the cart further, but I can still afford it.
Attaching the treadmill holder
This way, I added only about 2000 steps per week, and this is where my fantasy ended. From the side, it probably seems that the problem is far-fetched and there is no difficulty just to go out and take an hour to walk.
But the fact is that one hour will not make the weather, and in order to get at least some changes, you need to walk for an hour every day. This is already 7 hours a week, which in turn means that I need to stop doing some of their affairs, and in a rather significant amount.
Then I came across the book “Healthy to Death” by E.D. Jacobs, where the guy tells how he introduced all kinds of useful things and what came of it. In one of the chapters, he describes how he attached a laptop table to his treadmill, and continued to finish the book, walking on it at low speed.
This idea seemed too radical to me, but I decided to try a compromise option – to read while walking. I love to read and do it regularly, and I have a track. True, it was completely unclear how to attach a holder to it.
To begin with, I tested the idea of walking while reading, holding a book in my hands.
The hand got tired very quickly, but otherwise it turned out to be quite normal, and I went to Chinese sites. I needed a tall holder to hold the book at eye level (it is not convenient to look down – the neck is quickly numb).
So it could be attached to the curved tube of the treadmill and which would be universal enough for use with both a tablet and a regular book. Some disappointment awaited me here, as I could not find anything suitable.
I had to switch to the DIY option.
In search of ideas, I reviewed a bunch of other people’s pictures. What is noteworthy, there were quite a few such homemade products, which confirmed the relevance and viability of the idea, but for a complete copy, none of the options liked.
It remained to construct everything yourself. My requirements for the holder were as follows:
- Versatility – the ability to hold a paper book or tablet of any format.
- Easy to install and remove. Still, sometimes I use the track for its intended purpose and it is necessary that nothing interferes with running.
- The holder should not interfere with folding the track. This is a very important point from the point of view of psychology. If in order to read on the track it will be necessary to do too many manipulations, then in a week I will simply score on all these difficulties.
- Everything should be simple – put the track down, put the book down and that’s it! Folding should be just as simple – turned off the track, picked up the canvas, took the book.
- Reliability and rigidity. That the book could not fall and shake from movement. For this reason, by the way, the option of flimsy brackets has disappeared. The possibility of at least a slight adjustment of the angle and height.
I decided to start with the layout, which I made of cardboard left, and scotch tape. With the help of the layout, I was able to estimate the approximate height, and later this layout served me as a pattern for making a real holder.
What about the eyes?
At first, there was a slight fear that this might somehow negatively affect vision, but now it (this fear) is not there. Yes, of course, I heard about the dangers of reading in transport, but when I understood the issue.
I did not find a single study proving that it is reading that is harmful to vision when moving. It is harmful to strain your eyes, and this happens when a person reads too small a font in dim or blinking lighting in a Soviet electric train.
Well, when it really shakes so that the look goes astray.
The treadmill has no such problems. The tablet allows you to set a comfortable font, and with the lighting of the house, everything is clear. At first I walked at a speed of about 1 km/h, but very quickly switched to 2.5-3, which was more comfortable for me.
Also, I don’t read on the track for more than one hour a day. Experiences about the eyes were in vain.
Impressions after usage
Now, about a year after the described changes, I go through an average of about 7 thousand steps a day, not spending extra time on this. I don’t know where to get the time for another 3 thousand, although breathing is still lost when walking up to the 6th floor.
But this happens already on the 5th, and not on the 3rd. There is progress!