Could you tell me healthy soup recipes when being sick? Do they help to recover quicker? from Leonida Hill
Hello, my name is Bella and I am 19 years old. Unfortunately, I’m sick now. I have a sore throat, high temperature and mildness. I’m taking some pills which my doctor put on but I also know that I should eat soups and drink a lot of hot tea. Could you tell me healthy soup recipes when being sick? Do they help to recover quicker? I need to be in a roaring good health as quickly as possible because I’m planning to go to the seaside in a week. I really hope that your advice will help me, I’m looking forward to them. Thank you very much.
Hello there, Bella!
That is quite a great question you have come up with! It would be my pleasure to help you…
First of all, I want to list some soup's advantages:
1. It is one of the most well-known inflammation deflators, rich in various benefitical vitamins and minerals as well.
2. Say yes to spices! Which by all means will definitely help you in case your nose has been running non-stop all day.
3. Get warm with it. The hot soups are also known for their warm-up effect, that is commonly refferd to as the best remedy solution.
4. Have you ever lost your appetite while suffering either from cold or flu? The soup comes in handy here. The healthy broth will help you to be always hydrated as well as fill you with necessery proteins and carbohydrates.
Here are some soup ideas for you:
-thai soup with noodles
-tomato chicken soup (add rice to taste)
-lemon chicken broth
-cream broccoli soup
-vegan pumpkin soup
-turkish red lentil soup
Those are my favourite types, but try looking for some different ones and find the best soup for you!
Anyways, I really hope you will find from some of those mentioned above recipes the most useful and suitable for you one. In addition, I suggest you consuming more vegetables during being-sick period, so that your body would feel more in tone after you get well.
Stay healthy and fit, my dear!
Hello Bella! I am sorry you are ill, it is so bad ;(
Here is very useful recipe of caulilflower creamy soup:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp unbleached flour (gluten-free is fine too)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups less sodium chicken broth (vegetarians can use vegetable broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, make a roux by melting the butter on low heat.
Add the flour and stir about 2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, onions and cauliflower and set heat to medium.
Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes.)
Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Please login or Register to submit your answer