What exercise bands are the best? Which activity groups to buy? Where to purchase exercise resistance bands?
Exercise resistance band is the most critical fitness kit ever invented. It’s simple, comparatively low cost, universal and effective trainer for everyone to work out anywhere. It’s incredible what resistance bands can do to be in shape and healthy. Exercising with resistance bands works to your best for sure! Strengthen your body, burn calories and lose the weight in the gym, at home or while travelling.
How to train with the resistance bands to lose weight fast?
In order for you to really make sure of the effectiveness of such training, we offer you a super-selection of exercises with a fitness band for all problem areas. Engage with the expander-ring 4 times a week for 30-40 minutes, performing the proposed exercises at home or in the gym and you will see the first results after two weeks!
▼See the set of workout at the end of the page!▼
10 advantages of using elastic bands for fitness
- This is an ideal tool for muscle tone, getting rid of problem areas and flabbiness, creating a tight and elastic body. Exercises with a fitness band help to work qualitatively over the muscles of the hips, buttocks, arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen and back.
- This is a very compact and light inventory. You can take it with you on a trip, to a gym or to the street.
- The advantage of all the expanders is a uniform load along the entire extension path without “dead zones”. In addition, you can easily control the load by simply adjusting the level of tension: stronger or weaker.
- Fitness gum is ideal for low-impact workouts without stress on the joints and connective tissues.
- Training with elastic bands will suit those who are not allowed to load with additional weight due to the load on the spine.
- Fitness bands have several levels of resistance, so you can adjust the load based on your capabilities. Also, you can put on two tapes simultaneously and increase the load on the target muscles.
- You can perform almost any classical exercises with the expander-ring, at the same time due to the resistance of rubber, the load will increase at times.
- Rubber expanders are becoming more and more demanding in-home fitness programs. For example, in the new 80 Day Obsession training complex, OtumnKalabres actively uses them in exercises for the whole body.
- The resistance band is very effective for the development of gluteal muscles. And you will tone and round the buttocks, not swinging the quadriceps.
- This is an affordable fitness equipment, a whole set of tapes of several resistance levels can be bought within 20 dollars.
What are the resistance bands?
People also name them as elastic bands, rubber bands, exercise bands, resistance tubes, workout bands, strength bands, stretch bands and training bands. There are variations of a name for the same meaning of a cheap and versatile exercise tool.
A resistance band is a strip or pipe of elastic stuff, usually made of rubber or latex, natural or synthetic material. These stretchable devices can be flat, straight equipped with handles or be in a loop form.
What are the benefits of exercise bands? How do resistance bands work?
Working out with resistance cords helps to:
- Boost the strength and powder muscles
- Develop the circulation
- Lessen the risk of the diseases
- Improve the posture
- Reduce the chance of injury
- Make your coordination better
- Strengthen your bones
- Raise your mood and health by doing more activities
- Give the opportunities to live longer
Are there different types of resistance bands? What exercise group the best?
There are different types of bands depending on the activity to be performed.
Here is the review of the resistance bands types and the variety of exercises and workouts they are used. It helps you quickly understand what the best bend is for you and the target you have.
The list is based on the fitness experts’ recommendations and experience
|Type of the band||Better suitable for|
Recovery & Rehabilitation elastic bands
They are plane and without handles
good for rehab
Fit loop bands are in the form of the flat loop
|To train the lower body: legs, hips and glutes (large muscles of the butt)|
Clip-tube resistance bands are tubular and have a clip so you can attach and remove them from handles
|Full-body resistance training|
Handle Tube Resistance Bands
Compactor fit tube resistance bands have built-in plastic handles connected to the groups.
|Upper body, arms and lower body exercises|
Figure-eight bands are short and have two handles in the shape of an eight.
|Upper body and arm exercises|
Ring resistance bands have two soft handles integrated with the tube.
|Lower body, legs, hips and glutes (large muscles of the butt)|
|Only on Amazon|
|1.||Flat and Thin Resistance Bands/Pull up Resistance Bands.
$8.98 – $24.99$
|2.||Fit Loop Bands
Excellent fitness accessory for a wide variety of exercises you can do anywhere
|$7.87 – $41.97$|
|3.||Handle Tube Resistance Bands
|$13.54 – $62.99
|4.||Clip Tube Resistance Bands
|5.||Figure 8 – Resistance Bands
About the product
|$14.59$ 14 59
Some exciting bands ideas for your pleasure and health
|To save your fingers and marriage
Designed slim with optimal comfort and safety Looks like metal jewellery 100% high-quality hypoallergenic silicone
$7.99 – $39.99
Age is not a problem.
|Healthy Seniors Strength Chair Exercise Program with two resistance bands, handles and printed exercise guide- includes video exercises. Ideal for rehab or physical therapy. Perfect gift for elderly
For seniors and not only healthy strength chair training program.
It includes two resistance bands, adjustable handles, printed exercise guide with video exercises.
Perfect to do rehab and physical therapy. Can be a great gift!
What weight resistance is better to buy?
Resistance bands are presented in a range of tensions from very light to extremely heavy. To indicate the level of band resistance they are manufactured in different colours.
As a rule, red and yellow are light, medium ones are green, and black and blue are heavy. It’s essential to use the band proper for your stage to raise the efficiency of bands exercising and avoid the injury.
If you only start doing bands training, choose the light resistance device, then step by step increase the tension. Sometimes different resistance levels are required during one workout. Accordingly, you need to have a set of coloured bands.
Sometimes colour and resistance range don’t coincide; it means that you obviously should check the levels for the brand you have.
- The lightest bands
Mostly yellow bands are of the lightest resistance, but some brands use tan or green for this resistance kind. Providing light tension these bands are best suitable for physical therapy, rehabilitation purposes or to train small muscles and joints like shoulder and elbow.
- Light to Medium Bands
Green or red generally offer light to medium resistance. As usual, people use them for 15 or even more reps. These bands are suitable for individual exercising of smaller muscle groups like the triceps, biceps or the shoulder muscles.
- Heavy Bands
Heavy bands are as usual dark blue or green. Can be used by the beginner and experts as well. They help to work out bigger muscles, like hamstrings, quadriceps or chest muscles.
- Extra heavy bands
They are usually purple, black and silver. These colours define the highest tension. This level I better to be used by advanced athletes. They are good enough to force, create muscle weight. Useful for essential exercise that works for more than one muscle group with not many reps
Are you still hesitating about the tension of band? Pay attention to its thickness. More resistance is guaranteed by the full band. Same with tube rubber bands, the thicker the tube provides, the more strong resistance. It’s imperative you start with the correct tension according to your current health level and required aims. Depending on your reps with heavier bands will give similar results like sets with more repetitions using lighter bands. Be careful with the intensity! Better start with light and then increase the resistance.
Where to buy exercise resistance bands?
For your convenience here are 5 top among bestsellers resistance bands in one place on Amazon
Before you make a choice what is the best exercise resistance band to purchase, remember that it is the practical, useful and universal gym kit for you to reach multiple targets. Investing in it is worth. To be sure that you’ll find the right stretching “instrument” you have to know your aims and kinds of workout to be done. You can buy either some different types of bands or one kit that includes all your needs.
How many calories are burned doing resistance band exercising? Are they good for weight loss and toning the total body?
Is your target to lose the weight? It means that you need to burn your calories while doing different exercises. Any cardio training gives the possibility to burn the fat rather fast. Meantime we should remember about the other type of exercising directed to strengths your muscles. Increased muscles substitute the fat in your body and initially improve the metabolism. It means that calories will disappear faster.
Exercising with resistance band helps in weight loss and prevents flabby skin. This fitness equipment is reasonable by price, universal, convenient, and lightweight you can train isolate muscles, any suitable for your place and time.
It’s great for you to vary cardio and stretching workouts. It’s helpful to practice strengthening your muscle system minimum twice a week and perform at least 150 minutes of cardio per week.
Focus on different muscles training by turning to change the muscles challenged. Make your fitness “ mix up” with the exercises that you do in your workouts to keep your muscles challenged. Concentrate on the chest by pulling the ends of the band away or straight in front of you. Band push-ups across the back will increase resistance as well. These are only some samples to use the resistance kits for quick weight loss.
Work with different tensions depending on your physical level lighter tension bands are better to use for squats and lunges.
Burning fat is guaranteed. More massive tension provides muscle rise and accordingly burns the fat! Doing resistance training your body is toned.
There is a wide variety of exercises with rubber bands to decrease the kgs.
Who has invented the Resistance Bands?
Gustav Gossweiler is considered to be the first who patented the resistance band as the equipment for doing athletics exercises. He did it in 1896. World band training experience is more than 120 years!
That time Gustav Gossweiler lived in Zurich, Switzerland. He applied to patent the “universal gymnastic apparatus”. That was the first name of a resistance band. He described his invention as compact and simple to use the device that could be realised in different exercises, which can be quickly taken anywhere. In the beginning, people used this equipment fitted to the wall practising training of upper body mostly.
Since its invention, the resistance bands have not changed fundamentally. Of course, due to advanced technologies, the up to date materials like rubber, latex and others made these devices more elastic and durable. The variety of flexible cords is impressive nowadays as well. The “assortment” of exercises the athletes can do with bands is also much more extended. However, the benefits of this universal but straightforward and useful gymnastics tool are approved by many generations of pro and non-pro loving sports people.
How the resistance bands are made
The primary material the most resistance bands are made of is rubber and latex. Latex can be natural and synthetic. Natural latex, which is preferable as ecology friendly material is sourced from the individual trees. They are called “rubber” trees. Their essential location in Southeast Asia. Artificial latex is a byproduct of the oil industry.
Latex processing plants deal with the manufacturing of numerous products for medical, health, food, etc. application. Elastic bands are among them.
The resistance strips and tubes are produced by an extrusion method. Individual machines (extruders) with the help of high temperature and pressure process liquid latex rubber into flat pieces or tubes with deferent tension and colours. Both natural and synthetic latex bands are equally perfect to help you to be in shape and healthy.
Who should do exercises with the band? How to use exercise bands? Are the resistance bands safe?
If you carefully read the manuals and follow your fitness instructor’s advice your resistance band workout is no risky and safe. There is no chance to be traumatised by heavyweight machine, dumbbells or barbells. The joins do not suffer during exercising with elastic stretching tools. Working with them your movements are always natural. The right level of tension helps you to avoid your joints injury or damage. Take care to prevent the bands snapping your parts of the body, head, face and especially eyes.
- Check the band before you start training. It has to be without any cracks, break, tears or weak parts.
- In case of any suspicious-looking or damages immediately change the device. Never try to repair it by yourself by glueing or taping
- Always inspect and control handles connections. They should be firm to avoid disconnection
- Be careful with the surface you are exercising on. Remove all sharp and abrasive elements.
- To prevent bands from breaking or fraying it’s better to practice on special mats, carpets, wood floors or even grass.
- Be sure the band is secured by the feet or strongly anchored before you begin a workout
- Unique footwear helps to prevent damages as well
What kind of exercise do resistance bands provide? What resistance bands do?
Resistance bands exercises are somewhat similar to lifting weights. The difference is that you do not fight with gravity but try to overcome the pressure and tension created by the resistance of flexible cords.
It’s not so simple to stretch the band during training. Tension can be more comfortable and somewhat cumbersome to move the band in a required direction. It means that your muscles work, tone and improving.
Training with bands is universal and suitable for many goals. It means that running bands can help the beginners to be in shape. The bodybuilders will increase their muscles mass.
The athletes, fitness master can improve their skills by doing proper exercises with the resistance equipment. Bands workouts are helpful if you are involved in swimming, skiing, boxing, any combat sports, etc. Ballet dancers are fond of bands training as well.
If you are injured, sprained the muscles or ligaments or you have problems with the spine, and you want to recover fast, quickly and efficiently please pay attention to the work out with physical therapy resistance bands for rehabilitation.
Using resistance bands correctly will tone your muscles and help you burn more fat.
Use the band with lunges to burn calories with tips from a certified fitness instructor Amy Neumann. Amy is a fitness expert and a creator of the perfect ten workouts.
She offers how we can lose weight with resistance band training
The lunges exercise #1
- Hook one foot on to the resistance band and get a good grip on it.
- Then lunge forward bending both knees
- Then step back and jump back
- Again step forward, lurch forward, step back the same leg.
- (Do reps up to you feel a tension in your muscles)
- Try to keep your heel right underneath your knee.
- It’s a little hard because you’re balancing.
The lunges exercise #2
- The lunge forward with the resistance band then lunge step back, lunge again and lift the leg
- Then again jump, step forward, lunge, step back lunge again
- and lift the leg. Do several reps up to 10-15
Always keep the knees soft and bent. Do not do a big plunge, try with a very tiny lunge breathing into every move you make and keeping it flowing getting your heart rate up. It will help to burn the fat.
Easy and effective resistance band workout for beginners to burn fat at home or hotel while travelling
There are four main categories of resistance bands of light, medium, heavy and extra-heavy. The first level of band tension is the best for the beginners. You can come to the next levels after some time when your muscles tone and the body strength improves by regular workouts.
Make sure that while doing squats, your knees must never pass your toes, because it can cause knee pain.
Total body workout using a resistance band for the beginners.
The most enjoyable part of this workout is that you can do it at home or even in a hotel room whenever you’re travelling.
Exercise #1: chess press
It works the primary muscles of the chest and triceps
Do three sets with 12-15 reps in each set
Take 30 seconds rest between the exercises
Start the workout by securing the bend behind you and grab the handles with your hand near your shoulders. Then push the handle straight forward until your arms are extended, and they are parallel to the floor. Next, slowly return after a short pause. Be sure that you keep your feet solidly in place during the whole exercise.
Exercise #2: seated row
It targets almost all the muscles of the back.
Do three sets with 18-20 reps in each set
Take 30 seconds rest between the exercises
Start by securing the bend. Then sit down with the legs extended.
Take both the handles. The arms should be extended with the palms are facing each other. Pull the handles back towards your abdomen and allow them slowly return after a short pause. Keep your back straight and still within the exercise.
Exercise #3 shoulder press
It works on the deltoids and triceps
Do three sets with 12-16 reps in each set
Take 30 seconds to rest between the exercises first of all secure the bend underneath your feet. Take the handles with the hands over the shoulders. Pull the handle straight up until the arms are close to being fully extended. Then after a short pause allow the arms slowly return.
Exercise #4: biceps curl
It works on biceps and forearms, tone the muscles of the arms
Do three sets with 15-18 reps in each set
Take 30 seconds rest between the exercises
Secure the bend underneath your feet. Grab the handles with the hands in front of the thighs. The arms are to be extended; the palms are facing up.
Pull the handles towards the shoulders by curling the elbows.
After a short pause slowly return the handles.
Keep the upper arms immobile during the exercise.
Exercise #5: plank
Develops the core muscles especially the abs and lower back
Do three sets
Take 30 seconds rest between the exercises
Plank is one of the best exercises to get rock-hard abs.
Start with a push-up position on the floor. Bend the elbows 90 degrees and rest the weight on the forearms. The elbows should be directly beneath the shoulders, and the body should form a straight line from the head to the feet.
Hold the position for as long as you can. The beginners can start to keep the plank within some second and step by step increasing the time up to two and more minutes.
Exercise #6: squats
It works on quads, calves, hams, glute
Do five sets with 15-20 reps in each set
Take 30 seconds rest between the exercises
Start by securing the band underneath the feet, squat down and hold the handles in the hands on each side of the shoulders with the palms facing forward. Push up by extending the legs. After a short pause slowly back down. Make sure to keep the feet firm in place during the exercise.
Short Full-Body Workout Resistance Bands with Natalie Jil
Doing a short workout with resistance bands will add some extra stretching and muscle toning to the whole body, perfect for weight decrease.
Here are four different exercises – for upper and lower body that can be done with a band. Body weight exercises can be practised with the band resistance without any special weight equipment. You’ll get functional weight training.
Exercise #1 Upper body Fatback attack
- Take the band, put your hands apart and keep them a little bit looser.
- It helps not to have much tension in this position.
- Then open your hands up squeezing the band. It will work your back, squeezing back muscles
- The closer you put your hands, the harder you attack back fat.
- Always remember breathing.
Shake it out
Exercise # 2 Upper body Shoulders
- If you’ve got the band with the handles, you can step on it.
- If you’ve got just the tubing put one foot down on it and hold it.
- Grab the other side in your hand and just push it forward and take it up working shoulder.
- You can do one at a time or you can always lift two at a time or alternate. But doing one with all that resistance makes it a little bit more challenging bring it out feeling it all in that shoulder cap.
Shake it out
Exercise #3 Lower body legs
- Tie your band around the legs down by the calves.
- Make it somewhat tight to create resistance.
- Squat down slightly and step open. Tap little steps
- It works your glutes. The lower you squat the harder it works the glutes.
Shake it out
Exercise #4 Lower body glutes
- Lay down, take across your thighs with the band securing your hands
- Hold the bands tightly creating the resistance. Then make a glute bridge
- Take the glute up squeezing the band. Tighter you hold the band the harder is the resistance.
- Always remember about the breathing.
How to use resistance bands for dance?
Stretch loop flexible band is so great for dancers. It’s Ideal for the dancers to improve their box splits, side splits. It helps to increase flexibility, strength, and range of motion, strengthen key muscles, and warm up the arms, legs, and feet before dancing or competition. Inexpensive and highly effective, this is something every dancer should use regularly.
- Sit comfortably on the floor in the butterfly position.
- Wrap the flexible resistance band around your waist making the loop.
- Place the loop ends around each foot.
- Then stretch the legs straight out and together in front of you.
- Carefully separate your legs and move them out to your sides.
- The band will pull the legs apart towards the splits position.
- Make sure not to overstretch full splits if you are not flexible enough.
Holding your stretching band, you may roll forward on the stomach for a more intense stretch. It’s also possible to roll on your back for a similar stretch.
Lying on the back, you can pull your legs up together and then return them slowly back down. This will strengthen the core, stomach and growing muscles.
$16.99(10 new offers)
What to do with exercise bands? Some tips for doing exercises with resistance bands
- As many things exercise band to have its validity. But if you take care about exploitation them, it can prolong the life of your equipment. Here are some suggestions for the running flexible bands.
- Keep the band away from direct sunlight
- Be careful to use the band in water pools. Chlorine can destroy the rubber
- Avoid cleaning the cord with aggressive chemicals
- Keep the bands stored in a dry room at a temperature not higher 25ºC
- Attract your friends or family members. You’ll really enjoy training together by motivating each other
- Trace your achievements. It’s useful to make the records of the level of used tension, quantity of sets and reps
- Do not forget about water during and after the training.
Conclusion: Should I exercise with the band?
A resistance band or exercise band is a perfect instrument in strength and shaping exercises. It’s an essential booster to correct the weight. It’s universal and great alternative to weights workouts, super option for you to train at home or while travelling. This really “magic” kit of elastic bands helps you to perform a big variety of exercises just by changing the body position. Bands are portable, easy to move and take to any transport.
They are useful in the same way for the beginners and fitness experts. Simple rubber or latex stripes, tubes or loops are your reliable assistants to keep your body toned, strong muscles, lose extra weight, burn the calories. These special type bands are very good for rehab.
Are you still thinking either to use resistance bands or not? Be sure it works! Start today and try to exercise with bands regularly.
You’ve got an amazing feeling when your muscles are strong and powerful after the battle with increasing tension.
Resistance bands are a portable, less expensive alternative to other strength-training tools, such as free weights and machines.