ow does Beyonce maintains the perfect shapes? The famous R’n’B-diva works hard to have that bootylicious bod.
Here is the deal:
Reportedly, she is familiar with the struggle to have a beautiful figure, get rid of excess weight and cellulite – Beyoncé, like millions of other women in the world, is predisposed to gaining excess weight.
It is reported on beyonce.com that she solves the problem with a 22 day vegan diet.
If Queen B only did music videos – she wouldn’t have to worry so much about gaining weight since CGI works miracles. It can make you look slimmer than you really are in real life.
But you can’t hide a pot belly and a muffin top at a live concert, so Beyoncé is watching her weight carefully. Whenever she feels that she’s getting out of shape – she goes vegan and sticks to a very healthy diet.
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 137 pounds
- Bust: 35 inches
- Waist: 26 inches
- Hips: 39 inches
- Clothing size: 8
- Shoe size: 8.5
- Bra size: 32C
If you look at the ratio of Beyonce’s measurements, the difference between the chest and thighs is strikingly evident – this is a typical pear. Her problem area is her thighs.
That’s why the singer works exceptionally hard on her legs, continually doing anti-cellulite procedures and physical exercises.
22 day vegan diet plan
Chelsey Sanchez reports on harpersbazaar.com: Vegan diet is a great way to lose those extra pounds.
Her husband, rapper Jay-Z decided to support her and tried this method himself. This diet is especially popular with vegetarians who are against the killing of animals for consumption.
The vegan diet does not cause doubts in its healthiness:
Because the products of plant origin have always been famous for their valuable properties. Also, they content of the necessary mineral nutrients without which the body can not function properly.
It is considered that a person breaks the previous stereotypes of behaviour in 21 days. Then from the 22nd day he begins the formation and consolidation of new habits.
Foods that are allowed
- cereals, beans, vegetables, greens, fruit, nuts, seeds, mushrooms, herbal tea, green and white tea, unrefined vegetable oil, cane sugar, dried fruit
Foods that are not allowed
- meat, poultry and meat products, meat broth, fish and fish broth, shrimps, crabs, lobsters – live seafood
- milk and dairy products (cheese and cottage cheese)
- eggs, honey, coffee, black tea, white sugar
- any animal-based products, junk food (chips, croutons, candies, carbonated sweet water)
Vegan diet menu
Knowing the list of allowed and prohibited products, you can easily make a vegan diet plan on your own. As well as you can take the following menu options as an example.
- Buckwheat porridge with greens.
- Toast with soy cheese and tomato.
- Oatmeal with apple slices (pear, banana, strawberry – according to the season).
- Rice with raisins.
- Lentils with soy sauce.
- Pea porridge with mushrooms.
- Steamed pumpkin with pumpkin seeds.
- Braised cabbage.
- Potatoes with mushrooms.
- Bean soup with mushrooms.
- Asparagus soup with cilantro.
- Pumpkin cream soup with turmeric and soy milk.
- Schi meat with sauerkraut.
- Buckwheat soup with soy cheese.
- Gazpacho of tomatoes.
- Potato soup with wild garlic.
- Roots soup with rice.
- Any mixes from fresh vegetables and greens
- Dried fruits.
- Soy milk.
- Unsweetened green smoothies.
- Sweet smoothies made from fruits and berries.
Sample 22 day vegan diet plan
Vegan diet for weight loss not only helps to get rid of excess kilograms. But also reduces the risk of oncological diseases, cardiovascular and cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus.
The basis of the nutrition system is the use of plant products. And the optimal course duration is 3 weeks. Here is a table that will help you correctly compile your menu for a three-week body cleaning.
|Time to eat||What you can eat|
|Breakfast (7:00-9:00)||Any porridge cooked in water or soy milk, fruit, herbal tea|
|Snack (10:00-11:00)||Soups, including mashed potatoes, with beans, pumpkin or cereals, fresh salads|
|Lunch (12:30-14:00)||Fruits, soy yogurt, herbal tea|
|Supper (17:00-19:00)||Vegetable salads or stew, mashed potatoes, pasta, vegetable chips|
Beyonce’s vegan diet: lightness and energy in 22 days
Just a couple of months after the birth, the pop-diva could easily afford to wear a tight body and brag a slim waist and slender legs.
How did she do it?
It turns out Beyoncé’s secret is a 22 day vegan diet. Following the recommendations of the coach, Beyoncé boldly stated on Twitter: For 22 day we will become vegans.
In other words, a 22 day vegan diet is a good body cleansing.
The author of the diet is Dr. Neil Barnard, MD, President of the Committee for Responsible Medicine. According to him, a vegan diet for weight loss is the only healthy nutrition system. And he explains:
Everyone who builds his meat-free diet reduces cholesterol and blood pressure. Also the risk of cardiovascular diseases, kidney stones, diabetes, asthma, and cancer decreases.
Further, the most pleasant thing is that the body’s metabolism is accelerated. Because the calories are burned 16% faster than on any other diet where there is meat in it.
Dr. Barnard says to those who can’t imagine life without meat:
Following a vegan diet in 22 days the body fully manages to restructure and change old habits. The results of the study show that the weight of people who were on this diet fell steadily and correctly. In fact, it even did not return after reaching the desired result.
Also on this diet, there are no breaks: the amount of food is unlimited. And vegetable products contain a lot of fiber. Therefore satiety comes quickly and lasts a long time.
Fitness expert’ opinion:
Like any hard diet, this diet is has its drawbacks. The first is the lack of protein. And it is not so much about an animal as a protein in general. It is necessary to select products very carefully and competently.
So in this case the body receives the necessary amount of protein from plant foods. In effect you see how Beyonce looks today. Is not it impressive?
Vegan recipes have an incredible set. But there are certain compounds that are harder to get in a given diet. This applies to protein, calcium, vitamin D and B12, iron.
- Great sources of protein in the vegan diet for weight loss: tofu, mushrooms, beans, beans, soybeans, or lentils, especially in combination with cereals.
- Calcium is the most important mineral that is needed for the health of bones and digestive functions. And since milk products are banned, calcareous plant sources such as cabbage, especially broccoli, mustard greens, spinach, beans, figs, cereals, soy milk will help provide calcium.
- Dairy products and eggs are excellent sources of vitamin B12. The daily need for this vitamin is small. But many vegans lack it. One of the best vegetarian sources for this nutrient is soy milk. It is recommended to include in your daily diet B12 supplements at a dose of 5 micrograms per day.
- The sources of iron in the vegetarian diet are beans, lentils, tortillas, raisins.
- There are very few dietary sources of vitamin D, especially when you lose weight on a vegan diet. So the effect of sunlight is one of the few options to achieve the desired level of this vitamin. Some companies produce vitamin D enriched rice and soy milk.
- Animal fat in the diet is replaced by useful unsaturated fats. They are present in nuts, seeds, avocados, peanut butter, and vegetable oil. However, due to their high-calorie content, they should be consumed in small quantities.
The principle of the diet
According to eatingwell.com, vegan system of food is divided into the eating of raw food or eating only fruits.
- The first completely excludes any heat treatment of food.
- The second provides a diet containing exclusively fruit.
Many of us hope to lose weight on a vegan diet. And they quickly get out of it. However, people who have long adhered to a strict diet, lack the important trace elements, vitamins.
Therefore. it can lead to serious health problems. Nutritionists recommend not to follow such a system for a long time.
- The system of veganism is based on the consumption of 4 main groups of dietary products. There are grain, legumes, vegetables, and fruits. To fully provide the body with nutrients, include in your daily menu all groups of them. And the total caloric intake should meet your energy needs. But not to exceed 1800 kcal. The higher the level of physical activity you have, the more calories you should consume.
- Whole grains and legumes provide the body with energy for a long time. And plant fiber allows you to control appetite and improves intestinal motility. Virtually all vegan food is high energy. It is very important for people involved in sports.
- The vegan diet for weight loss provides for the complete exclusion of animal products. For example, meat, fish, eggs, all milk-acid products, as well as salad dressings (except for soy sauce), roast dishes, sweets, booty.
- Receiving food 5 times a day.
- Weight/portion of the serving for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – no more than 250 g / ml.
- Weight/volume of bite – no more than 100 g (nuts and dried fruit – no more than 50 g 1 time per day).
- Pure water – 2 liters per day between meals.
Basic rules to lose weight
The authors of the bestseller “Fat Stork,” Rori Friedman and Kim Barnuin argue that the vegan diet should be based primarily on compliance with a number of nutrition rules.
1. Refusal of coffee.
According to Friedman and Barnouin, this drink can cause overeating. And in general, adversely affects the human body.
2. Refusal of “junk” food.
First of all, these include potato chips. Because they contain a lot more harmful substances (like transhumans) than useful ones. In addition, they are very calorie.
3. The basis of the diet – fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain products.
Contrary to popular belief that vegans eat mainly soya, the authors of “Fat Stuff” emphasize that that food should prevail in the vegan diet. At the same time, you should eat 5-6 servings of vegetables and fruits (in raw, boiled or stewed).
Also 3-4 servings of grain. And soy, beans, nuts, and mushrooms should “take” only 1-2 servings of a daily ration.
4. Eat only when you are hungry.
Of course, such a rule only few people will enjoy. Therefore, if you are hoping to lose weight without much effort and in no way limiting yourself (except for meat, by itself), then you will be disappointed.
Often the cause of overweight is our desire to have a snack just because of boredom and idleness. So, if you intend to lose weight with the help of a vegan diet, you should refuse from this habit.
5. Carefully study the composition of alcoholic beverages and confectionery.
Only those drinks and products that do not contain gelatin are allowed. Such getalin is made from animal bones, lecithin, and other similar ingredients. Typically, affordable alcoholic beverages are allowed.
But the sweet is generally better to cook all together. Because you probably do not know the subtleties of the store product you are unlikely to succeed. Thus, you will inadvertently use alcohol and confectionery much less commonplace.
Some side effects of weight loss
As mentioned above, the lack of nutrients is at the highest risk for people who maintain a vegan system for a long time. For those whose goal is a short-term diet for weight loss, side effects are practically not observed.
Nevertheless, Samantha Lauriello states on health.com:
The sharp exclusion of animal protein consumption leads to a reduction in the production of gastric juice. In addition, that juice is necessary for the cleavage of protein molecules.
With less gastric juice you may have a bad absorption of nutrients. This is a short-term phenomenon because the body needs time to get used to the new system of nutrition.
22 day vegan diet pros and cons
- The vegan diet is rich in fiber, which has a beneficial effect on the digestive system.
- There is many folic acids and vitamin C in vegetables and fruits. As well as other vitamins and minerals necessary for a human.
- There is a lot of valuable vegetable protein in legumes and seeds.
- Vegetable food contains useful “correct” carbohydrates.
- Green vegetables contain a large number of antioxidants.
- A vegetarian set of products contains a minimum of fats and harmful cholesterol. So, on such a diet you can easily fight excess weight.
- Vegan diet lowers cholesterol and normalize the cardiovascular system.
- Sticking to this diet, you will be less susceptible to diseases. There are atherosclerosis, hypertension, arthritis, osteoporosis, and gallbladder disease.
- If you do not eat meat, you may not be afraid of intestinal parasites.
- You are not afraid of such diseases as bird flu or cow disease.
- Since meat often contains various toxins, your body will be purified because of the vegan diet.
- Vegetables are natural cleaners of various systems of the body from slags and toxins.
- Vegetable food strengthens immunity.
- For a week the weight loss is from 5 to 7 kg.
- The skin condition improves, pigmentation decreases. And the face is cleared from an acne rash.
- Eliminates the severity of the stomach, becoming even “easier to breathe.”
- A vegan diet cannot fully provide the human body with proteins, zinc, iron, calcium, and vitamin B12. Vegetarians may have anemia and lack of vitamins.
- Animal proteins are a building material for the tissues of the body. And they have their own advantages over the proteins of plant origin. For example, they are better absorbed.
- With the refusal of fish, a lack of omega-3 polyunsaturated acids may be observed. While they cannot be replaced by a plant analog.
- Excessive fiber intake can provoke poor protein digestion.
- 22 day vegan diet cannot always fit pregnant and nursing women. In that case, you need an individual approach.
- For a full and varied diet, vegetarians need to buy different fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, dried fruit. And that requires a lot of money.
- The vegan diet for weight loss causes a shortage of essential components. Therefore, there is a catastrophically need for the full development of each organ.
To diversify the diet add more useful products to it. There can be nuts, berries, seeds, a large number of cereals, greens. Also, eat only when you are hungry. And drink up to 3 liters of liquid per day.
Nutritionist comment on 22 day vegan diet
In the proposed diet, protein sources are legumes, mushrooms, cereals, pasta, and vegetables. Also, the total energy value of the diet is almost close to normal. In fact, it is about 1300-1500 kcal per day.
Also, another one of the health benefits of the vegan diet is that there are plant foods in large quantities. Additionally, they give the body a lot of fiber, vitamins B, vitamins C, E, magnesium, potassium, iron, and copper. Moreover, there is no cholesterol.
As a result, the gastrointestinal tract improves, including the intestines, gall bladder. The pancreas is discharged. And the composition of the intestinal microflora is normalized.
Another plus of the diet is that the body spends much more energy for the absorption of vegetable proteins than for the absorption of animals. It means that fat reserves are consumed. A large amount of food gives a feeling of satiety.
However, in the diet there are no specific components:
- individual amino acids – for example, little methionine, arginine, tyrosine, glutamic acid, cysteine;
- vitamins A, D, B12;
- not many individual minerals (calcium deficiency, chromium, iodine, manganese).
At the same time, most of these food components tend to accumulate in the body. For example, vitamins A, D. And within 22 day of the diet, the body can use them and minerals from its reserves.
I also advise you to pay attention to the period after compliance with the diet. In the first place, do not immediately eat a lot of the meat. Start with a weekly addition of one serving of fish, then a serving of poultry or cottage cheese, etc.
Moreover, leave in the diet as much as possible vegetables and fruits. Also, nuts and seeds as high-calorie foods will be enough 30 g per day. “
I was sticking to this vegan diet for 22 days. It was not at all difficult because I have been sticking to a vegetarian diet for 2 years before. The vegan system is tougher. The reason is that it limits the consumption of my favorite products – milk and eggs.
Thanks to such a diet the body was effectively purified. Also immediately there was a charge of vivacity, improved color of the face and general health. However, in my opinion, it is better to consume vegan meals from time to time, not constantly.
I have long adhered to the vegan food system. And there are no signs of deterioration in my health – continuous improvement. Previously, it was overweight, but this problem was quickly resolved.
I do not like the vegan diet for weight loss because of constant reorganization. Also, there is a need to get used to certain products. Therefore, I adhere to the vegan diet constantly – so more comfortable for my body.
The most difficult thing when switching to vegan food was to make a diet and plan your purchases. Also, I was afraid I would be always hungry on such a diet. All fears were unwarranted.
In the 22 day vegan diet there is nothing special and difficult for the body. On the contrary, it is more difficult to cope with meat and dairy products. As a result, I managed to lose weight over 5.5 kg and get younger – people around me say so.
How to get out of Beyonce’s diet
The human body that consumes only vegetable products for a long time, is subjected to serious changes. When observing vegan food, the digestive system ceases to produce enzymes for the processing of fatty meat products.
Therefore, to properly transfer back to the usual diet:
You should add dairy food and meat should a little bit. So, within 2-3 weeks after a diet, include these foods in the diet gradually. In that case, you restore the function of producing bile.
Business on a 22 day vegan diet
Beyoncé sat on a 22 day vegan diet with her husband, rapper Jay Z. The result impressed both of them so much. So they decided to open service for the delivery of ready-made food.
Moreover, there was food for those, who sticks to 22 day vegan diet:
For a long time, the singer has been successfully engaged in this type of business. In addition, her personal trainer, Marcos Borges, became an inspirer for her.
The 22 day vegan diet under the strict guidance of a pop star will cost different prices:
- On the one hand, if you choose the full option “Breakfast, lunch, dinner”, you pay $ 187.50.
- On the other hand, you pay $ 629.79 for 22 days.
- Furthermore, if you want to eat right through the system of the diet, five times a day, you will have to pay another $ 9.76 to $ 16.5 per serving.
5 vegan recipes for weight loss
Conclusion: eat vegan, be like Beyonce!
Whenever our favourite singer feels like she’s.
The vegan 22 day diet reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and reduces the risk of blood clots. In 22 days you will lose the necessary amount of weight and cleanse the body. You can make a personal menu that will suit you specifically.