e all know celebrities look their best at all times. But do you know that it rarely comes naturally, especially when you’re a certain age?
So looking fit and stunning requires full-time commitment and dedication. It’s hard work, time-consuming and may be expensive at times, but that’s what motivates us, and that’s what makes celebrities our role models.
beyonce.com proves that she is always in the spotlight and looks ravishing:
Beyonce’s lemonade diet
Gabby Landsverk reports on insider.com:
When she’s not on tour, she sticks to an intake of 1600 calories a day. It’s a diet of lean protein and healthy carbs (vegetables, fruit, nuts, legumes, whole grains, etc.).
I always have breakfast, say, scrambled egg whites, a vegetable smoothie, or whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk. For lunch and dinner, I eat a lot of fish and vegetables. And throughout the day, I try to stay hydrated
There were times when she needed to lose weight in a short period. When Bey starred in the 2006 movie “Dreamgirls” she committed to the role entirely. The singer wanted to show how her character aged over the time. She lost 20 pounds in two weeks!
Normally they’d change your makeup or your clothes but I wanted to go the extra mile.
How did she do that?
She followed the Master Cleanse or Lemonade Diet, which is now known as The Beyonce Diet.
This diet became very popular with other celebrities, like Angelina Jolie, Naomi Campbell, and Gwyneth Paltrow. But be sure to use this diet only in case you need to lose weight rapidly and be aware that there is a danger of binge eating when you finish this diet.
Erica Julson states on healthline.com that pressure may return fast, so do not be too discouraged about the result.
Queen B also tried the 22-day vegan challenge with her husband, Jay-Z. The problem is based on a book by her trainer, the afore-mentioned Marco Borges. The book is called “The 22-day Revolution”, Beyonce even wrote a foreword to it:
We want to challenge you as we challenge ourselves to move towards a more plant-based lifestyle and acknowledge you for standing up for your health and the health of the planet.
After completing this challenge, the Carters went back to eating meat. Beyonce stated:
Now, you know, I still eat meat, and it’s all about balance, but absolutely I make better choices.
Beyonce recently gave birth to twins, Rumi and Sir. She had scheduled a show 3threemonths after and was in a hurry to get her body back. It was hard for her because of her health issues.
I was 218 pounds the day I gave birth to Rumi and Sir. I was swollen from toxaemia and had been on bed rest for over a month.
She had to undergo a cesarean, and it took her time to recover from it. However, she looked stunning during her first post-partum concert. After that, she went to Coachella.
During my recovery, I gave myself self-love and self-care, and I embraced being curvier. I accepted what my body wanted to be. After six months, I started preparing for Coachella. I became vegan temporarily, gave up coffee, alcohol, and all fruit drinks. But I was patient with myself and enjoyed my fuller curves. My kids and husband did, too.
Conclusion: eat fit and exercise
Beyonce is undoubtedly a public persona, with over 117 million subscribers on Instagram, constantly touring, filming music videos and being an object of scrutiny and she still manages to slay with her looks. She must always look her best, and this means going hard on yourself.
- eating healthy
- plenty of exercises
Even if it means running 6 miles a day or practicing your dance routine for 9 hours.
However, one must not forget that feeling comfortable in one’s own skin is a top priority. Beyonce encourages her fans to love their bodies. Moderation is key to success, that’s how Beyonce is able to balance her workout routine, her job, and her family and still look hot as ever!
Chelsey Sanchez tells on harpersbazaar.com Beyonce’s words about 22-day Marco Borges workout:
I welcome the opportunity to write an introduction to this remarkable book because awareness is the first step to healing. For nearly four decades now, I and colleagues at the non-profit Research Institute of Preventive Medicine and the University of California at San Francisco have been conducting clinical studies to prove one thing.
How comprehensive lifestyle improvement is.
- Plant-based diet from whole, natural foods (naturally low in fat and refined carbohydrates), similar to that described in this book.
- Effective stress management (including yoga and meditation).
- Moderate exercise (e.g., walking).
- Social support and interaction with others (love and intimacy).
In other words, eat right, move more, worry less and love more.
Many people imagine high-tech and expensive medicine. They immediately come to mind with new medication, laser or endoscopic surgery. So, it is often incredibly difficult for people to believe that a comprehensive improvement in lifestyle can change life so much. But that is what happens most often.
Moreover, the general improvement of lifestyle in many cases proved to be useful not only for the prevention of various chronic diseases. But it is also valid for their treatment.
- For the first time, we have proven that lifestyle improvement in itself can reverse the development of even advanced coronary heart disease.
- After five years, the results were even more impressive. The number of cardiovascular diseases decreased by two and a half times. We also found that the right lifestyle can help cure type 2 diabetes. Also, it can slow, stop, or reverse prostate cancer in its early stages.
- By changing your lifestyle, you reprogram your genes. So, you activate health stimulants and deactivate cardiovascular diseases, prostate cancer, breast cancer, and diabetes. That is more than five hundred genes in just three months.
People often say:
Oh, these are all my genes. I can’t do anything about it.
Actually, you can. The realization that a true lifestyle can help to influence the genes often gives much-needed motivation to all of us.
Genes determine the predispositions of the organism. But they do not decide the fate of a person. Our latest research has found that such a diet, together with other lifestyle enhancements, may even contribute to the lengthening of telomeres.
There are the “tips” of our chromosomes that control the aging process.
This approach is very different from that adopted in personalized medicine. There are no separate recommendations for the treatment of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, gene alterations, and telomere lengthening.
In all of our research:
We only asked participants to follow a plant-based diet that only of natural and whole foods. It is similar to that described in this book. It is as if the body itself knows how it is better for it to recover if you provide it with the right raw materials through healthy nutrition and lifestyle.
This approach is not a strict set of rules, without the meticulous observance of which you cannot count on any positive result. All our studies have shown that better people improve their diet and lifestyle, the better they feel, and at any age.
If you allow yourself to overeat today, then take care of your diet tomorrow.
- These lifestyle changes are part of the most critical area of modern medicine, known as “healthy lifestyle medicine.” And there you can consider a healthy lifestyle the most effective way to treat and prevent chronic diseases.
- What is good for man is good for our planet. By switching to a plant-based diet that consists only of a whole, natural products, we thereby change not only our own lives. Also, we change the lives of many other people around the world.
- Global warming, the crisis of health and energy. All this may seem an insoluble problem: “How can I alone influence something?” Such a statement can lead to inaction, depression and even nihilistic delirium.
- At the same time, there is a realization that is simply choosing what you put in your mouth everyday influence all these three global problems. Also, it gives enthusiasm and gives our daily choice a lot of sense. Taking care not only of our organism but also of the entire planet as a whole, we fill our lives with meaning.
Beyonce’s workout routine
veganfoodandliving.com reports: Beyonce trusts her body to her trainer, Marco Borges:
He developed a workout method that will help her save time since she’s always on the move. The main trick is that you work for a few muscle groups simultaneously. Examples of such exercises are reverse lunge presses, jumping lunges and squatting with dumbells.
She also complains about her legs continually being bruised.
The truth is, it’s a lot of sacrifice. It’s more about your mental strength than physical strength. You have to push yourself. It doesn’t matter what trainer you have. And it doesn’t matter what program you’re on. You have to be healthy and make the right choices.
She has quite a rigorous work out by doing pilates for an hour a day (a fitness system consisting of precise movements designed to strengthen your core) and cardio (mostly treadmill). When she’s not on tour – she runs up to six miles a day! She trains for five days a week.
Despite having to work out, she rehearses her dancing (Queen B is known to be a devout perfectionist and does a lot of dancing before letting people see her routine). She does this seven days a week, sometimes up to 9 hours a day! It takes a lot of stamina, and she admits that staying fit is indeed hard work.
An interesting technique. The author proposes to normalize the metabolism in 3 weeks due to a change in food habits (in essence, the transition to vegan food). Also, he offers workouts, as well as a vast number of recipes for exciting dishes. I tried while cooking tacos with walnuts. And it is delicious!
Some products are hard to find in regular grocery stores. But they are pretty easy to find in online stores. In general, to eat like this all my life or not – this decision should remain for everyone. But as a detox system, the program is perfect, in my opinion! Yes, and as a diet for those who have problems with weight, is also suitable.
Peculiarities of Beyonce lemonade diet
It lasts a maximum of two weeks, during this time you can lose up to 9 kilograms. Also, sticking to it longer is not recommended. Because it can be hazardous to health. You can repeat it a couple of times a year, no more.
- You replace all food with a special drink. And it should be similar in taste to lemonade or has little in common with it.
- This drink – the secret of the fact that Beyonce, who has a predisposition to completeness, manages to keep the weight at the same level.
- First, you sharply reduce the number of calories.
- Secondly, lemonade contains natural fat burners – lemon juice and chili.
The main advantage of such a diet is Beyonce. Because looking at her, you can limit yourself to food even for these ten days. Also, you clean the body, remove toxins, replenish the balance of some vitamins.
- Quick and tangible results. So, depending on the number of extra pounds, you can lose up to 9 kg in 10 days.
- Ease of use. Therefore, there is no need to count calories, prepare complex dishes and make a menu.
- Repulses cravings for junk food and fast food.
However, it is strictly contraindicated for people with stomach ulcers, its high acidity, and heart disease.
- At first, there should be fresh fruits on the menu. And preferably include freshly squeezed juices.
- Then add one product per day.
- Of course, overeating immediately categorically is not recommended. Because the stomach should get used to the new conditions.
Even though the lemonade diet has become known thanks to Beyonce, she is not at all its founder. There was such a diet almost three decades ago. But its popularity in Hollywood, and later in the whole world, was due to the sultry Latin woman.
By the way, star nutritionists are not at all delighted with such an extreme form of losing weight. But sometimes beauty requires sacrifice.