ooking for an easy way to build muscle? With the help of Body Solid R300 rower you can develop the leg, buttocks, back and arm muscles.
Training with a constant load correctly uses even dormant muscles.
Here, exercises are not based on overcoming their weight, so the simulator is adjustable to fit overweight users, as well as for people with diseases of the knee and ankle joints.
Body Solid R300 rower
First of all, the exercise involves the upper body – shoulders, the back, the chest, and the forearm.
Due to the extensive coverage of muscle groups involved in the workout, the calf muscles, the quadriceps muscles of the thigh, the abdominal muscles, the gluteus maximus muscle, and many others will also be engaged in the workout.
Here is the deal:
If you approach training systematically and correctly monitor the pressure, you can develop your back and shoulders so that they will look much broader.
- This simulator helps users build muscle in the middle back, and strengthen hard to reach lower lats, biceps, and triceps.
- Adjustable handgrips that can be moved four ways, according to your desired level of target resistance.
- You can adjust it according to your size and preference; the seat and chest pads are soft to prevent injuries; the extra thick Durafirm seat is comfortable and not slippery.
- Oillite bronze bushings keep the simulator working lightly at all pivot points; measures 44-by-39-by-54 inches (W x H x D)
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
Check this video to know more about Body-Solid R300 Seated Row Machine:
How many calories are burned?
It is important for everyone who uses the rowing machine to know the progress after training. Calculating the calories burned is not so simple as it depends on many factors. Many people consider a very energy-consuming process.
But is it really so? How effective is a rowing machine for losing weight, how many calories are burned?
The proved data on calorie consumption show that this is not the most effective way to burn calories. Although it can be referred to as the traditional way.
Treat the calculations of the tool for a large weight with caution, especially for a fast pace of workouts.
The calculator shows the theoretically possible, but practically unachievable amount of calories. For example, with a weight of 180 kg and a fast pace of training, 1610 kilocalories per hour could be consumed.
- Doesn’t take up much room, suitable for small living spaces.
- Fairly reasonable price.
- Includes warranty.
- Suitable for people with leg injuries, experienced athletes and beginners.
- Free shipping with Amazon Prime.
- Plates and Olympic adaptor sleeves not included in the purchase.
It is clear that it is extremely difficult and dangerous to health to withstand such a load for people suffering from obesity and not having a good physical level of training.
The figures given are not extreme (within the limits of the indicated weights). For example, with a weight of 120 kg and a very fast pace of workout, it is possible to spend, according to calculations, 1510 kilocalories per hour.
But this is clearly not a guideline for ordinary and, in addition, obese people.
In general, the rowing machine occupies a middle position in the number of calories burned among the most popular simulators.
Body-solid back rower workout
In order to gain the maximum effect of training on Body solid r300 row machine and strengthen the spine, not harming it, it is necessary to follow the correct roiwing technique.
The exercise can be divided into four main movements: capture, immersion, completion and recovery.
- Capture means the beginning of the movement, during which you begin to increase the strength for the stroke. If it were not a simulator, but paddles, then the moment when you drop them into the water and catch the resistance of the water would be considered a capture.
- The main part of the exercise is an immersion, during which you first push yourself back with your legs, straightening them completely. And then connect your back to the movement. This is where the most common mistake happens – the beginners try to row with their hands and with their backs a little. Forgetting about the movement of the legs or doing it after the back and hands.
- The third part of the stroke is the completion, during which you hold the simulator handle down to the lower chest.
- The last stage is the recovery when we have a couple of seconds to rest until we return to the starting position. A backward movement begins with the spreading of arms to the sides, after which we bend the legs, move the body forward and move the knees apart.
You should carry out all the movements smoothly, without sudden movements and haste. The spine must be kept in a perfectly straight position while the movement.
Basic workout routine
Workout on the rowing machine usually begins with a 10-minute warm-up, the purpose of which is to warm up the body as much as possible. After that, you can go to the main part.
There are several options for building a basic workout, and all of them are quite effective. So you can try them all one by one and choose your favorite or alternate types of load.
Basic workout with moderate intensity
Exercise for 20-40 minutes without a break with an intensity of 18-22 strokes per minute.
This training involves several sets with a period of rest between them and can vary in degree of intensity.
- Low intensity – 12-15 minutes of exercise, 2-3 approaches, 3-4 minutes of rest between approaches
- Average intensity – 6-8 minutes of exercise, 3-5 approaches, 3-4 minutes of rest
- High intensity – 2 minutes of exercise, 5-10 approaches, 1 minute of rest
Option for advanced trainees with a gradual increase and then a decrease in intensity:
- 4 minutes – 18 strokes / min, 3 minutes – 20 strokes / min
- 2 minutes – 22 strokes / min, 1 minutes – 24 strokes / min
- 2 minutes – 22 strokes / min
- 3 minutes – 20 strokes / min, 4 minutes – 18 strokes / min.