hat is the best rowing machine brand for fitness in 2019? Which one do you like the most – Stamina air rower vs Concept 2? This guide will help you to make up opinion concerning the popular fitness equipment.
Nowadays, rowing is considered the most effective and popular Crossfit exercise. Which is the technique? Training using the rowing machine imitates smooth swimming in the boat. But only in the gym.
In this case, the body has a rather high cardio load and full body workout. That is why rowing is included in the so-called cardio workouts group. The most widespread are rowers 350 lbs capacity for home use.
10 Best Indoor Rowing Machines
Our fitness experts prepared a comparative review of the most popular exercise rowing machine brands. Such as Sunny Health & Fitness, Stamina and Concept2. While choosing the most suitable one for you, read about the brand, products’ summary, consider all pros and cons.
Our experts’ opinions will help to choose the best variant for you and your fitness goals. Choosing among Concept 2 and Stamina rowers, consider the advantages of each rowing simulator:
- Provides smooth and even performance
- Great build quality
- The control panel with helpful features
- You can add a heart rate monitor
- You can race yourself for more motivation
- Can be folded up when not being used
- The monitor gives great information on your workouts
- Resistance levels can be adjusted
- Great value for money
- Great for moderate use
- Can be folded for better storage
- Comfortable seat
- Easy to use display
- Strong steel frame
What about the cons of each brand? Buying Concept 2 rower, you should keep in mind that it takes up a lot of space while operating. You will need an area of 9 x 4 feet to be able to use this simulator.
Another disadvantage is creating the noise inside the flywheel. It produces a “whooshing” sound, so the harder you row, the louder this machine gets.
As to Stamina brand, the one disadvantage we noticed is the absence of preset workouts. With this rowing simulator, you can’t set a fitness goal for yourself or practice on a preset program.
Concept 2 vs Stamina | comparison chart
|Concept 2 Model D||Stamina Air Rower|
|Maximum User Weight||500 lbs (227 kg)||250 lbs (117.9 kg)|
|Overall Length||96 in (244 cm)||77 in (195.5 cm)|
|Weight||57 lb (26 kg)||50 lbs (22.6 kg)|
|Assembled space||8 ft x 2 ft (244 cm x 61 cm)||48 in x 28 in (121.9 cm x 71.2 cm)|
|Overall Height||14 in (36 cm)||22 in (55.8 cm)|
|Overall Width||24 in (61 cm)||18 in (45.7 cm)|
Concept 2 model rower
Purchase Concept 2 rowing machine as it has become the best option among the world’s rowers, and variations extend to the present day. In 1981, Dick and Pete created the Concept2 Indoor Rower, which quickly became the best-selling rowing machine in the world.
Now some models later, it’s used every day by Olympic champions, cardiac rehab patients, people at home and every caliber of rower in-between.
- Every machine and oar they produce comes from the training of over forty years of perfection.
- By selling factory direct, Concept2 reduces the middleman so that they can provide their customers with the best price.
Rowing machine Concept2 originated in 1976 in the back of a bread cart. Since those preceding days, they’ve grown to over 100 workers. Their stock line comprises oars, the indoor rower, the SkiErg and the BikeErg. Pay attention that rowers prefer Concept2 rowing machines in 2019 after Concept 2 indoor rowing competition.
Though they’re much larger now. They continue being committed to their belief of offering the most innovative products and programs to their customers. You buy directly from their manufacturing office in Morrisville, Vermont.
Rowing is their purpose for being. The main goal is to encourage and support the growth of rowing, both indoors and outdoors. They believe that it is a lifetime activity, available to all.
They strive to create, manufacture, sell and service unique products of the highest quality and best value for the benefit of the Concept2 community. Their clients, workers, suppliers, and neighbors.
Best Concept2 rowers
Here you can have a look at the most reviewed rowing machines of this brand. Before making a choice, learn the product’s features, consider all pros and cons, compare the price. Good luck!
Concept 2 D vs E
- Involves all main muscle groups; work legs, core, and arms with a soft, high calorie-burning movement
- The Display Monitor 5 (included) self-calibrates for equivalent results; compare wirelessly to heart rate monitor
- Concept 2 D rowing machine for sale is intended to suit most users: 14-inch seat height, movable footrests, and ergonomic handle.
- Parts quickly into two pieces for storage; caster wheels make it portable; simple to construct with only eight screws.
- Indoor training is a powerful full-body training; flywheel design reduces noise while rising a soft feel.
- Combines the performance monitor 5, providing you with reliable, comparable data for every row.
- 20-Inch seat height, nickel-plated chain, Adjustable footrests, and ergonomic handle.
- Clearly divides into two pieces for storage. Caster wheels make it portable.
Concept 2 weight loss plan
The following weight loss workout plan is suitable for beginners as well as for pro users. The main rule is to burn more calories than you consume. Effects will be visible if you work hard and consistently.
|Workout 1||Perform the rowing comfortably for 5 minutes at a stroke rate of 24–28. Leave the indoor rower and stretch or exercise for 5 minutes. Do added 5 minutes of smooth rowing. Finish with 5 minutes of exercising or stretching.|
|Workout 2||Do the rowing comfortably for 5 minutes. Perform five minutes of stretching off the indoor rower. After that, row easily for 10 minutes. Finish with 5 minutes of exercising or stretching.|
|Workout 3||Perform easy rowing for 5 minutes, after that, do 5 minutes of exercising or stretching. (This will become your example warm-up.) Do 5 minutes of easy rowing, doing one Power 10 (a 10 stroke exploded at a higher intensity) per minute.|
|Workout 4||Perform your example warm-up. Next, do the rowing 5 minutes at a medium pace, supported by 5 minutes of Power 10s every minute, followed by 5 minutes smooth rowing. Complete with another 5 minutes of Power 10s each minute, next row easily for 5 minutes to calm down.|
|Workout 5||Following your example warm-up, perform 10 minutes of regular rowing while slowly developing the intensity. For the succeeding 10 minutes, substitute 1 minute of smooth rowing with 1 minute harder rowing.|
|Workout 6||After your usual warm-up, row regularly for 20 minutes at a relaxed pace. Perform a Power 10 every 500 meters. Calm down with 5 minutes smooth rowing.|
|Workout 7||After your usual warm-up, row for 10 minutes, substituting 40 seconds of active rowing with 20 seconds of comfortable rowing. Row regularly for 5 minutes, then repeat the 40/20 variation for 5 minutes. Complete with 5 minutes smooth rowing.|
|Workout 8||Following your example warm-up, do 3 cycles of 5 minutes smooth rowing accompanied by 5 minutes of tough rowing. Complete with added 5 minutes of smooth rowing.|
|Workout 9||After your usual warm-up, row for 30 minutes and make a record of how many meters you finished. When your shape develops, repeat this exercise to measure your progress.|
Stamina rowing machine
Since their beginning, Stamina overwhelmed the health and fitness stores with quality goods. Plus, they’ve recently entered the boutique studio market with the Juvo Board. From mass retailers, fitness goods sellers, records, and internet retailers to TV shopping channels.
They’ve revealed a widespread basis. You’ll get their products at Walmart, on Amazon, and QVC, just to name a few.
- Since its starting in 1987, they concentrated on creating new, affordable equipment for customers.
- Stamina is one of the leading fitness gear companies to form infomercial outcomes with American Gladiator Home Gym.
From there, they also offered the AeroPilates Performer, Instride 1350 exercise machine, the Body Dome, the GYROTONIC Transformer, and more. You’ve also seen their goods under brands such as Body by Jake back and ab machine, Suzanne Somers, Tony Little, Cosmopolitan, Brenda DyGraf, Denise Austin equipment (see Denise Austin exercise tv), and BodyShaping.
More lately, they’ve brought goods to the market with Gold’s Gym (such as Gold Gym resistance bands weight), Danskin fitness equipment, Lotus, and Joyus Elliptical reviews.
Fitness experts recommend to buy Body by Jake workout machine for a highly effective everyday training routine. While they are proud of all of their goods. One of their biggest realizations has been producing affordable pilates Stamina machine to the shop for home use.
Their AeroPilates reformers develop endurance, increase flexibility, and strengthen your upper body. Everything in the isolation and comfort of your own home. This is why their Aero pilates infomercial product line for home and gym remains to increase in demand.
Finally, their mission is clear. Beat the fight through strong partnerships while supporting efficient connection, flexibility, excellent service, and reliable, effective marketing programs. Stamina Products Inc. remains to pursue perfection. Whether it’s the design of their exercise equipment or their excellent customer service, they are really committed to making a healthier, stronger you.
Best Stamina rowers
Here you can have a look at the most top rated rowing machines of this brand. Before making a choice, learn the product’s features, consider all pros and cons, compare the price. Good luck!
- With the help of LCD Monitor, you can track length, speed, time and calories burned while training.
- Full handle and a strong chain are for a stable, effective stroke every time.
- Extended footing plates and nylon bands suit users of almost all sizes.
- The foam-padded, shaped seat is intended for your convenience.
- The original field of movement proposed by the full-range rowing arms and Body Glide exercise machine imitates the feeling of swimming in the water.
- Flexible hydraulic resistance is helpful while improving your intensity, is easy with the hydraulic cylinder.
- With the help of LCD Workout Monitor, your motivation stats like exercise time, stroke count, calories burned and total strokes accumulated.
- Textured Foot Plates and chest Straps allow increased protection, flexible nylon straps make the plates ideal for almost all feet sizes.
Sunny Health and Fitness rowing machine review
Sunny Health & Fitness is a seller and shipper of high-quality health and fitness equipment. Have headquartered in Los Angeles, California. They offer only excellent workout and fitness tools from top producers in Taiwan and China. As the companies source directly through their broad network of producers.
- Sunny Health & Fitness have been in business for over 15 years.
- Pricing is much more competing than the common seller in this business.
Sunny Health & Fitness guarantees the quality of each product they sell. And their devotion to superiority in customer service is the reason for becoming the quickest growing companies in the health and fitness facilities business.
Their customers always get the very best assistance from their extended team of expert sales specialists and buyer service professionals. Their №1 goal is to meet your every need. So you can maximize your earnings and performance.
Best choice rowing machine Sunny Health & Fitness brand is thankful to its customers. As they get remaining support and encourage to make their products and assistance even better. Moreover, they encourage new customers to contact them. And find out how the “Sunny Diversity” can be the leading element to your marketing’ success.
Best Sunny Health & Fitness rowers
Here you can have a look at the most reviewed top simulators of this brand. Consider also Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 magnetic rowing machine. Before making a choice, learn the product’s features, consider all pros and cons, compare the price. Good luck!
- Magnetic pressure mode with 8 levels of flexible magnetic resistance
- Great LCD console represents Time, Count, Calories, Total Count, Scan
- Completely stuffed support and non-slip grip handlebars for optimal convenience
- Great anti-slip bottom pedals with flexible foot straps of magnetic rowers
- The water resistance creates a smooth and steady training experience with each stroke per minute.
- Non-slip foot pedals with durable nylon Velcro straps keep feet secure.
- The steel fan blades creating resistance level and a dynamic response produced by the corresponding interaction with the water, providing the user with a unique experience.
- The molded padded seat is created to be convenient and practical.
What do the rowing experts say?
The reliable and durable rowers are the words often meet in the customers’ reviews. Fitness experts are among those who practice using this fitness equipment. Here is the opinion of the users who own Concept2:
I’m a certified coacher the crew of rowers. We practice both outdoor and indoor training. The last one is obvious in the winter time. However, it’s worth to practice with ergs indoor 2-3 times a week.
As for the preferable brand: the goal you have is crucial. Durable Concept 2 rowing machine is for professional and strong workouts. Total digital control. But if you just want to be in fit or correct your shape. Sunny’s simulators will be perfect. They are compact and rather quiet. You can row even when somebody sleeps.
I’m 42. Recently I do rowing regularly. I feel much better now. Migraines have practically come away. My shape is improved and I’ve lost weight. I started this kind of training like a part of my cross training.
I was especially happy when my kids joined the rowing workouts. I appreciate the support from people at Concept2. Their advice and enthusiasm is a perfect motivation. Excellent machines and attitude from a superb community.
Hi, I do rowing for 5 years already. Concerning the brand, it depends on many factors. Of course, you can rely on feedbacks and advertising. It also depends where you are doing this kind of training too. When you attend the gym, you use the rower which is set there. No choice. You can just glance at the brand.
The other thing if you row at home. You need to consider the room to fit the ergs there. How noisy it is if the neighbors are nearby. The valet possibility is a key factor. Any special complaint on Stamina rower. Quality stands for the price.
I exploit Model C from Concept2 for over 20 years. I made over 21 million meters on it. My two sons added the extra thousand meters more. I impressed by clear and easy manual instructions and perfect job of customer service. After many years it is still in good use. I’d like to says only the best words to the company and its people.
Welcome for discussion about new balance rowing machines
- Which is the best type of rowing machine?
Many men, many minds. We choose these three brands as they are the most commonly advised. We collected the information which is based on the data presented by the manufacturer.
Erg’s users, coach experts, forums feedbacks assisted us in this matter. We are always open to the discussion. We do our best to promote a healthy life and various ways to reach this goal.