fter intensive training, our body needs to replenish energy, minerals and many other nutrients. Agree?
We can achieve this:
Through the ingestion of a meal that provides us with the necessary amount of nutrients to cover our needs. The Market offers us a great variety of diet snacks, but to what extent they can be healthy, and how is their flavour?
Franziska Spritzler reports on healthline.com that it is not always necessary to sacrifice good taste for health.
Below, we propose two reasonably simple recipes. One is for tiramisu and the other for a watermelon ice cream. Both desserts are relatively simple to prepare, and most importantly, they use natural, low-fat ingredients.
These are two excellent sweet snack alternatives that present the advantages of being easy to make, nutritious and tasty. So you should no longer feel guilty for giving yourself a sweet treat after the meal.
It is important to say that these snacks do not necessarily have to be eaten only as a dessert. You can enjoy any of them at the time you most want, or when your body requires it. Remember that natural ingredients must be present in every healthy recipe.
How to cook healthy snacks
Natural dietetic watermelon ice-cream
- 200 g watermelon (flesh)
- 1 pcs banana
- 50 ml unsweetened soy milk ( You can also use nonfat cow milk)
- 1/2 tsp pine nuts (+ some of them for decoration)
- 1/2 tsp blueberry (+ some of the pomegranate seeds for decoration)
- Mash the watermelon flesh, prepack it in small molds and put them in a freezer.
- Put a banana also in a freezer.
- When it all will be frozen, mix a banana and watermelon pure with milk.
- Decorate it with pine nuts, blueberries and pomegranate or just with whatever else you want! That’s it, everything’s ready! Bon appetite!
Dietetic protein tiramisu
- 27 g casein
- 2 tbsp Nonfat cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp oat bran (you can replace it with cellulose)
- 6 tbsp 0,5% milk
- 4 pcs egg (2 for a layer and 2 for a hard sauce)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 g stevia (You can replace stevia with a banana to make a hard sauce if you are going to eat in the morning)
- 250 g 0% cottage cheese
- 100 ml 0.5% milk (for a hard sauce)
- Mix chocolate protein, cocoa or carob, oat flakes, milk, eggs, baking powder and stevia altogether. Pour it in a mould. Bake biscuit for 20-30 minutes with the 180-degree temperature. After this leave it to cool down.
- Let's make the cream. Divide egg whites from yolks, whip the whites with a wire whisk. In bowl whip yolks with stevia until it becomes white. Add cottage cheese and continue beating until smooth (I used the blender). Add whites and mix it all together correctly.
- Lets put our dessert together. For this one, you will need a cup of fresh coffee. You can add a little bit of nonfat milk to it if you want.
- Cut your biscuit for cubes and start “building” your tiramisu. The first layer should be a biscuit, soaked with coffee. You can put it in coffee in advance so that your dessert would have the rich taste.
- Then you should put a layer of your hard sauce, then again a layer of biscuit with coffee, then back hard sauce.
- The amount of layers depends on the hight and depth of the mould. The last segment of creme you can decorate with carob or cocoa with pomegranate.
- Put your dessert in a fridge, so that it can become saturated with coffee and creme. The best choice would be to leave it for a night. And woa-lya! Our tiramisu is ready! Bon appetite!
Conclusion: Two types of snack which are healthy, low fat and tasty
As you may have noticed, when reading the recipes detailed above, both types of snack have natural and low-fat ingredients.
- Tiramisu is rich in proteins, which are necessary for our body to build the amino acids required for the proper functioning of the cells of our organism, as well as for the maintenance and development of our muscle mass. This snack, in addition to proteins, provides a good dose of energy.
- On the other hand, we have the watermelon ice-cream. This other snack will, besides being refreshing, will provide you with a right amount of nutrients.
- Watermelon has lots of electrolytes that our organism needs for accurate and faster chemical reactions. Also, it is deficient in calories and has plenty of essential antioxidants like lycopene and vitamin A, which are very important for our immune system and the vision.
- The intake of natural fruits which are rich in vitamin A helps to prevent certain types of cancer. Also, watermelon fruit is an excellent source of lycopene, what contributes to protect our skin against UV rays.