In the 70s a revolutionary beverage emerged that rocked the world of those who keep track of their health, youth and figure. It was a smoothie. A drink discovered in one of the first “healthy diners” of the USA, in one of the first “healthy diners”. A blended cocktail made of fresh fruit, vegetables, greens and berries. Not only was it good for you, but it was also delicious!
At first, the cocktail was a favourite among vegetarians. However, later on, it started gaining popularity with those who just want to lead a healthy lifestyle. Such cocktails are made with no heat treatment, and that means that all vitamins and other nutrients are preserved in their primary form.
Smoothies contain vitamins, minerals and plant-based fibre. They improve the functions of the stomach and cleanse your gut of harmful toxins, work miracles for your skin and prevent diseases. It is great to drink a glass of vegetable drink for breakfast in certain circumstances because the vegetable mix has anti-hangover properties. Especially if you add toning ingredients (ginseng, guarana, ginger and others). By the way, it is quite possible to replace alcohol with this “sharp” mix of many ingredients. It’s a splendid alternative if you’re going out with a couple of friends.
Detox and cleansing cocktail recipes
The term “detox” implies the elimination of toxins from our body. Even when leading a healthy lifestyle and sticking to a diet we are not insured against the piling up of harmful matter in our body. It may be due to a lot of factors over which we do not influence (ecology, slow metabolism, stress, etc.). To live a long and healthy life, one should cleanse his body from time to time. One of the ways of cleansing is to include smoothies into your diet.
Beetroot and carrot drink
- 3 carrots
- 1 beetroot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- fresh parsley to taste
- Peel the beetroot and carrots and cut them up into cubes
- Finely chop up the garlic and parsley
- Mix everything in a cup of a food processor or blender
Cranberry-celery cleansing drink
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1 celery stick
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 cucumber
- spinach to taste
- Cut the apple and pear and remove the seeds
- Peel the celery stick
- Cut everything up into chunks and blend. Decorate with an additional stick of celery.
Cucumber-avocado soup cocktail
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 5 celery sticks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- cilantro to taste
- Peel the avocado and extract the pit
- Peel the cucumber and extract the seeds
- Finely chop up the garlic and cilantro
- Dump everything into the cup of a food processor and give it a blend to the desired consistency
Spinach-squash turbo cleanser
- 1/4 butternut squash
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 350 ml mineral water (non-sparkling)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- Peel the butternut squash, extract the seeds and divide into fourths
- Squeeze the juice out of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime
- Pour everything into a blender, or use an emersion blender. Mix together until homogeneous and enjoy
Green breakfast drink
- 4 leaves of kale the stems removed
- 1/2 apple
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 4 leaves of mint
- Remove the stems from the kale
- Peel the apple and remove its seeds from the inside
- Mix everything in a blender and enjoy!
- If it turns out to be bitter, you may add a little honey to taste
Smoothie fasting. Instructions and healthy benefits.
Even though this drinks are good for you, it’s easy to overdo it with the fasting. Here are a few general instructions and tips:
- One should fast no more than once a week from 1 to 3 days.
- Drink your cocktail fresh, as soon as you make it (that way you know that you’re getting maximum nutrients).
- Alternate your liquid contents (it’s ok to experiment with liquid contents using nut milk for a creamier consistency, coconut water, etc.).
- If it’s not the season for some of the ingredients frozen ones will do just fine.
Here is an example of what a day of cocktails fasting looks like:
Breakfast: a blended drink of one apple, one orange and a cup of greek yoghurt.
Brunch: a mix of one banana, one pineapple, one half of an avocado, grated ginger, fresh parsley and lemon juice.
Lunch: blend one carrot, one banana, carrot juice and greek yoghurt.
Snack: a light cocktail of 2 pears, 2 cups of spinach and water.
Dinner: mix one half of broccoli, one apple, one tablespoon f lemon juice and water.
You will feel lighter and better after this day of smoothie fasting. You may notice that your skin tone has improved and your tummy got flatter than it was the night before. These smoothies are jam-packed with omega 3, antioxidants, liver-boosting iron, enzymes, potassium, vitamins and fibre. The health benefits of all these nutrients are that they help prevent diseases by boosting your immune system and reducing inflammation.
Conclusion: Want to detox your system? Have a vegetable drink!
Leading a healthy lifestyle doesn’t necessarily mean going to the gym and sticking to a diet from time to time. It’s a long-term commitment to your health and well-being. You might think that you’re completely healthy, but to ensure that you should cleanse and detox your body every now and then. A smoothie will do that job in a jiffy!