o you have a fitness goal, such as lose weight, gain muscle, exercise more? Special apps such as Nike training club & Runastic will prompt you to follow your goal.
Agree with me:
We all spend a lot of time with the phone for work, rest, communication, many people do not part with it even during hard training listening to his/her favorite music.
Especially for you, we have collected the best training apps for an active lifestyle, among which there is certainly a suitable option for you.
|1||Daily Workouts Free - Home Fitness Workout Trainer||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Peloton||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Zumba Workouts||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Perfect Workout - Your Personal Fitness Trainer||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Daily Workouts||$19.99||Buy on Amazon|
Nike training club results
Nike Training Club is a universal trainer which contains more than 180 complex training developed by professional athletes and Nike trainers.
On the basis of your sports training and personal preferences:
The application is perfect even for beginners:
Each training session is accompanied by a detailed instruction with a text description, as well as high-quality photos and videos. Voice instructions will guide you through the process of doing exercises and boost of motivation for the day.
NTC can also sync with the Apple Health App — all your workouts will be automatically recorded and uploaded to the Workout section.
Each of your classes will be taken into account and upon reaching a certain number of points you will open additional exercises, complexes and virtual trainers.
Nike+ Training Club is recognized as one of the best free fitness apps for iOS and Android, and also compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- nice design and intuitive navigation;
- large library of audio, video and photo instructions;
- ability to adapt any workout and create your own training program;
- the ability to sync with Apple Health App and Nike+ Running;
- no in-app purchases;
- ability to download only individual workouts, and delete the downloaded content;
- the lack of promotional materials;
- when using the app from your phone, videos are only available in single view mode
- the actual training will be accompanied by only voice comments and title picture.
Developer: Nike, Inc.
Runtastic app results
Runtastic has long been known to sports fans for its mobile applications.
At this point in the official app catalogue a few target mobile programs for healthy nutrition, cycling training, jogging, strengthen the back, abs and cardio are collected. One of these is the Runtastic Results.
The application is ideal for drying the body at home. You do not need any exercise equipment, as all the load will be due to body weight.
Exercises in Runtastic Results are based on the popular scheme of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) when within a few minutes the athlete alternates strong loads with a short recovery period.
The application offers a comprehensive approach by which you will be able to engage in a special training program developed in accordance with your physical condition.
The training program is designed for 12 weeks, during which you will train several times a week on the proposed complexes. These complexes consist exclusively of exercises with your weight, so you do not have to buy additional equipment or exercise equipment.
Although the app is free, you will only have access to individual workouts and exercises.
This is enough to assess the capabilities of the program and decide whether you need a paid subscription that provides access to a 12-week training program and expands the number of available exercises. The cost varies depending on your country.
- Diet and healthy lifestyle tips
- Personal training program
- More than 180 video exercises in HD quality
- Good constructor for training facilities
- Regular updates and stability
- Most of the features only come with a paid subscription.
Bodyweight Freeletics: Unleash Your Potential
If you don’t have time for the gym, Freeletics will help you with this. This is a set of high-intensity training complexes.
At the same time, all exercises are performed only with the weight of your own body and do not require any additional equipment, except for the horizontal bar and a place to run, which may be necessary in some cases.
Want to know the most interesting part?
The application maintains statistics on occupations, provides information about exercise-analogues and illustrative videos. It is distributed free of charge but has a paid subscription to a virtual coach with access to part of the training and nutrition advice.
The main parameter for assessing your physical condition and efforts:
The time spent by you to perform the proposed set of exercises. On average, the workouts last from 5 to 45 minutes. All exercises are accompanied by detailed video instructions and tips, timer and statistics collection.
The application also has a social component – awards for achievements and its own honour Board, where you can see the results of the most hardworking and active athletes.
- The function of finding places for training or adapting to home conditions;
- personalized, challenging workouts;
- ability to communicate with other athletes directly in the app;
- more than 140 exercises and 900 training options;
- For beginners, there is a lightweight program of exercises.
- lack of adaptation for people with disabilities.
Fitbit Coach: Your Personal Trainer
The name of the Fitbit Coach program speaks for itself and conveys its purpose quite well. In order to create the program really popular people in the world of fitness such as Tony Gonzalez and Tara Stiles were involved.
You will be able to view HD-videos that demonstrate the performance of certain physical exercises.
FitStar, in turn, will track the physical activity of the user, including the number of calories burned and the time spent on the exercise. Calorie data can be linked to special trackers and synced to your Fitbit account for a more detailed workout report.
Fitbit tracks every part of your day including activity, exercise, food, weight and sleeping to help you find the right shape, stay motivated and see how small steps have a big impact.
With the free version of Fitbit, you’ll only have access to a limited selection of workouts and will only be able to do two workouts per week.
However, for all the good stuff you need to pay, and to unlock all the content you will need a monthly subscription of $7.99 or an annual subscription of $39.99.
- good exercise calendar
- there is a choice among coaches
- ability to view your performance and achievements on a PC
- Expensive monthly membership.
- A free account limits you to just two workouts per week.
- There is no offline mode.
Developer: FitStar, Inc.
Strava – challenge yourself and others
Strava is one of the best GPS apps for runners and cyclists.
This is not just a tracker, but rather the whole social network for athletes where you can make new friends.
The main feature of the application is, of course, not tracking training, because many applications are able to do so. Strava has done a great thing, which so far has not been able to fully repeat anyone, even more, this feature requires a significant number of users to start effective work.
The social network allows you:
To analyze, compare, filter the results of training, set common goals for athletes, publish their achievements, lesson plans, upload photos and videos in relation to the map and training, analyze physical activity, create personal heat maps for analytics.
On created by millions of athletes areas popular roads or trail segments are marked and achievement tables are formed. You can even see at what time who was virtually at what point, with what lag from the leader.
Strava has privacy settings to protect sensitive data. For example, a user can specify an area within which his or her data will not be available to other members of the network.
- fast synchronization with the web service;
- integration with social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- ability to connect to health built-in iOS;
- search for new places and route designer;
- a detailed analysis of the statistics;
- Strava is a recommended fitness app for apple watch!
- The application can track the run, but it is based on competition with yourself and others on a certain segment of the track. Therefore Strava is more suitable for cyclists.
Developer: Strava, Inc.
Endomondo: Free Your Endorphins
Endomondo is one of the best apps for running and other workouts that we couldn’t mention.
The service has a strong social component. Integration with social networks, the ability to share successes, pass and take up challenges, cheer friends during exercises, and even with the help of your voice – this is not a complete list of opportunities.
Endomondo also includes a rich web-interface: friends, statistics, news feed, training history.
The app itself is free to download but contains in-app purchases. First, you get everything at once, that is, the premium version. Then it is necessary either to pay or receive a stripped-down base set of functions. Endomondo Premium subscribers pay $5.99 per month or $29.99 per year.
- track your route and record all parameters;
- good data accuracy;
- the deposition of heart rate sensor;
- graphs of your runs;
- choice of target and distance;
- setting up a running playlist;
- a free premium for 2 weeks;
- the ability to share to publish runs on social networks.
- the presence of some unobtrusive advertising in the free version;
- possible errors or stability issues.
Developer: Endomondo LLC
All applications are available on the two most popular operating systems for mobile devices – iOS and Android. You only need a smartphone that will always be at hand and help you to conquer new heights.
And what apps do you use for training?