The fragrant tropical pineapple has long been used for medical purposes. This fruit has not only a pleasant taste but also specific substances that improve the processes of digestion, stabilize blood pressure and cleanse the intestines. It’s a well-known fact that if you use it for weight loss, the process of losing excess pounds will be much faster and more efficient than with a healthy diet.
Today, you can find a lot of products, which include pineapple: capsules and tablets, tea and so on. Manufacturers knowingly chose this tropical fruit for manufacturing products for slimming down. This fruit contains a unique substance – bromelain. Once in the body, it produces an enzyme that promotes a more active breakdown of fats and proteins. Also, bromelain blocks the accumulation of fats in the body and contributes to the normalization of metabolic processes. That’s why we would like to share with you these 6 pineapple smoothie recipes for weight loss.
However, the use of this fruit is explained not only by the presence of bromelain. The pulp of this fruit contains ascorbic and citric acids, sucrose, vitamins of various groups and water. But, despite the presence of sugar, the energy value of this fruit is less than 50 calories per 100 grams of product, making it a safe supplement to any diet.
Lose weight with pineapple
There are several options for losing weight. Many nutritionists advise eating a piece of this fruit or drinking a glass of juice 20 minutes before meals. Pineapple substances will help speed up the process of splitting fats, trapped in the body with food so that you can achieve a gradual weight loss. Also, eating only 50 grams of pineapple before a meal, you will quickly get enough of it, which will allow you to reduce the volume of a common portion unnoticed.
It’s important to stress the key elements in the process of burning fat and shedding extra pounds:
- potassium – helps reduce water weight without dehydrating the body by activating the urinary system. Helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- magnesium is especially useful for the female reproductive system;
- iron – boosts the hemoglobin level and consequently, your breathing improves and you sleep better (which is also essential when losing weight);
- Calcium – adds bone strength, good for your teeth and hair.
- iodine – which is required most for the thyroid gland. This is important because your metabolism depends on it. This gland is also responsible for producing hormones;
- vitamins of groups A, B, C, PP have a positive effect on the skin and on the general mechanisms of self-healing and strengthening of cells and tissues of organs, reduce the level of cholesterol and the risk of atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks.
Pineapples also contain thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid, pyridoxine and minerals (copper, phosphorus). It is low in calories, cholesterol, and fat. Rich source of fiber. A large amount of fructose provides the body with readily available energy due to the acceleration of metabolism.
6 pineapple smoothie recipes
- 100 grams of pineapple
- 50 grams of cucumber
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/2 banana
- Peel the banana and pineapple cut them up into chunks.
- Cut the cucumber into chunks.
- Mix everything with a blender, pour into glasses, and serve.
- 200 grams of pineapple
- 100 grams of Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of honey optional
- Zest an orange to get a tablespoon of zest.
- You can use freshly-ground toasted spices or store-bought pre-ground ones, depending on your taste preferences.
- Put the spices and the fruits into a cup of a blender or food processor and mix until homogeneous.
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 50 grams of pineapple pulp
- 50 ml of water
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/2 cucumber
- ice cubes
- Chill the ingredients.
- Peel the ginger and grate it.
- Cut the fruits and the cucumber into pieces.
- Place all the ingredients into a cup of a blender. Pulse until completely incorporated.
- 50 grams of pineapple
- 5 strawberries
- 1 peach
- 50 grams of cantaloupe
- 100 grams of yogurt
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into pieces.
- Cut the peach and throw the pit away.
- Cut some cantaloupe (remove the skin)
- Put the ingredients into a cup of a blender and pulse until you are greeted with a smooth beverage.
- 200 grams of pineapple fresh
- 2 oranges
- 50 ml of water
- 75 grams of non-fat yogurt
- ice cubes
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into chunks.
- Juice the oranges and strain them through a fine-mesh sieve to get rid of the pulp.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl of a blender or food processor and blend until homogeneous.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with additional pieces of fruit. Serve and enjoy!
Conclusion: don’t deny yourself the pleasure
Juicy pineapple pulp with original taste and pleasant aroma is a true wonder of nature. Useful and dietary properties make exotic fruit arguably the most valuable product for weight loss.
Pieces of this sweet&sour fruit can completely replace an evening meal: there is a lot of fiber, which neutralizes the feeling of hunger. Of course, we are talking only about fresh fruits and freshly squeezed juices — canned ones lack bromelain and many vitamins.
The potassium that is part of the fruit also contributes to a decrease in body weight, which well removes excess fluid from the body.
Summarizing all that was mentioned above, we can conclude that the pineapple not only improves all the vital processes in the body but also is an excellent anti-aging tool, helps to lose weight without actually putting effort into it. However, do not forget to consult your doctor before indulging in these drinks. The titular ingredient can provoke an allergic reaction. Do not overuse and consume in moderation and you’ll achieve that slender figure.