Eggplant – a great option for those who stick to a diet or want to lose weight. This is one of the most nutritious vegetables we can find on the market. This vegetable is a popular ingredient in recipes for various dishes. Eggplants are baked in the oven, boiled, and salted … In this article, we will tell you how eggplant can help to reduce body fat in the abdominal area. Try 3 best vegetable smoothies with the guinea squash for fast weight loss!
How eggplant helps to lose weight
Firstly, it is worth to know how does brinjal can help you to lose excess weight.
There are many fruits and vegetables that help us get rid of extra pounds, mainly in the abdominal area. Do not underestimate the effectiveness of eggplants!
The characteristic taste of these dark purple vegetables is familiar to each of us. The energy value of eggplants is very small, but the benefits to our health are quite large.
Eggplants owe their characteristic colour to anthocyanins. These substances are good for our body. In addition, eggplants are characterised by a high content of antioxidants, minerals (including potassium) and vitamins.
100 g of vegetables contain only 20 calories. At the same time, eating eggplants brings a feeling of satiety, which makes them an ideal element of weight-loss diets.
Eggplants have a high water content, improve blood circulation, supply our body with fibre, which helps to cleanse it. Also, the use of these vegetables helps to reduce the level of sugar and cholesterol in the blood. Moreover, eggplant has diuretic properties, which helps to cope with fluid retention in the body. Also worth noting are the properties of eggplant, as the prevention of anaemia and the improvement of bile. A diet rich in eggplants has a beneficial effect on the skin. If your skin has suffered from sunburn, external application of eggplant will ease the pain.
In order for eggplants bring benefit to your health, you can cook them in different ways. There are many recipes!
We found the most beneficial for your health and body smoothie recipes, in order to lose weight and generally improve your well-being!
Top 3 smoothie recipes for weight loss with guinea squash
Product application: Eggplant terpenes are used in the treatment of skin cancer. These substances also act depressingly on steroid hormones involved in the development of cancer. In addition, the potassium contained in eggplants helps regulate blood pressure. The inclusion of eggplants in diets due to low fat and low calorie. Eggplants are used boiled, baked and pickled for salads and side dishes.
Harvesting: When buying, it is better to give preference to a dense eggplant with a glossy surface of dark purple colour. It is desirable that the peel was free from damage and dents. It is recommended to use immediately. You can store in the refrigerator no more than two days.
Use in smoothies: Before putting into a blender, eggplants should be washed and peeled, then chopped. The peculiarity of eggplants is that they do not change the taste of the smoothie, making the texture thicker. Therefore, eggplants in small quantities can be added to any smoothie.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove (small)
- 2 cilantro twigs
- red pepper on the tip of a knife
- salt to the taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 broccoli florets
- 1 avocado
- 1 fennel
- a small bunch of spinach
- small bunch of parsley
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 100-150 ml water
Baked eggplant in the oven, peel and cut into pieces.
Peel the tomato and seeds, cut into slices.
Cut the onion into cubes and fry in a small amount of vegetable oil until brownish.
Sliced eggplant, tomato, fried onions, cilantro, garlic, ground pepper and salt, punch with a blender, first at low speed, then at maximum until smooth and creamy.
Now chopped celery, broccoli, spinach, fennel, parsley, load into a blender.
Peel the avocados, remove the bone, cut into slices and add to the blender bowl.
Add there lime juice, salt, 50 ml of water and whip first, at a fine speed, then at maximum until smooth and creamy.
Add water if necessary.
Put in glasses in layers with a spoon.
You can decorate with cheese Baziron, Pesto, Verde.
Cream tomatoes tolerate roasting better. Instead of peaches, you can use apples, plums, pears and nectarines. Can be served both hot and cold.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic glove
- 2 tomato
- 2 peach
- 125 ml spaghetti sauce
- 50 ml apple juice
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven.
Eggplant cut along.
Onion peel and cut into four pieces.
Divide olive oil into 2 portions.
Peel the garlic.
Peel the peaches, free from the bones and cut.
Peel tomatoes and cut.
Cut oregano leaves.
Lay the eggplant and onion on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with a portion of olive oil and bake for 12 minutes.
Ensure uniform baking.
Turn eggplant and onion over, put garlic, peaches and tomatoes on a baking sheet (spread out in slices).
Sprinkle with a portion of olive oil. Bake 7-10 minutes.
Cool the vegetables.
Separate the pulp of eggplants and tomatoes, place in a blender together with baked garlic, peaches, onions and oregano.
Close lid tightly and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to maximum.
At maximum speed, mix for another 1 minute or until smooth. Salt it.
Simple recipes usually include a standard set of vegetables and fruits. But we have prepared for you an unusual recipe from raw eggplant. Did you know that it contains much more good than boiled one?
It is represented by a high content of vitamins C and K and fiber, which can bring long saturation and not get into the refrigerator at the first opportunity for a harmful snack.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
Eggplant cut into slices, soak for 15 minutes in salt water (this will save the vegetable from bitterness).
Chop the onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
Put the eggplant slices, onion, garlic, tomato and a spoonful of olive oil in the blender bowl, close the lid tightly, mix at an average speed of about 2-3 minutes.
Pour into glasses.
This recipe reminded us very well of the famous “crack tongues”, only in its raw form.
A little bit about the benefits of the ingredients included in the composition of the smoothies.
- Eggplants accelerate the process of excretion of uric acid salts from the body. Normalize water-salt and lipid metabolism, have the anti-sclerotic effect, have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, kidneys and liver. German narcologists recommend using more eggplants to those who decided to quit smoking. It turned out that the concentration of nicotine in eggplants is quite enough to ease the discomfort during withdrawal (“breaking”).
- Tomatoes contain vitamins E, C, K, PP, as well as several vitamins of group B. It is worth noting that the brighter the tomatoes, the more useful they are from the vitamin point of view. Also, tomatoes contain an abundance of substances that lower harmful cholesterol, normalize metabolism, stop such harmful processes in the stomach as rotting and fermentation. Phytoncides are present in tomatoes – valuable biologically active substances that inhibit the growth and reproduction of bacteria. With this beneficial quality, tomatoes prevent the occurrence of fungal diseases and most infections. In addition, tomatoes can not without reason, “boast” the ability to restore water-salt balance in the body. No wonder the juice from tomatoes is often adviced to drink with a strong hangover or after poisoning. Zinc, which is a part of tomatoes, is good for the health of the skin – it reduces inflammation, promotes the regeneration of cells damaged by acne, and also strengthens the hair roots. Potassium has a beneficial effect on the heart, iron reduces the risk of anaemia.
- Celery is the most valuable food and medicine. Its root crops and leaves contain the most valuable amino acids asparagine, tyrosine, carotene, nicotinic acid, trace elements, essential oils (up to 10 in root crops, up to 30 mg in leaves. All parts of the plant stimulate appetite. Celery is rich in vitamins – these are B vitamins ( thiamine, riboflavin), vitamin K, E, provitamin A and ascorbic acid. In addition to mineral substances, celery contains choline, protein, etc. Apiol gives a specific taste to celery. Celery does not give up useful properties of celery. Ageing, as the unique set of proteins, vitamins, acids and minerals contained in it ensures the stability of the body’s cells. Celery has soothing properties – celery greens are used to treat nervous disorders resulting from overwork. The essential oil found in the roots and stalks of celery stimulates secretion of gastric juice. Celery is included in the menu of patients with diabetes mellitus. It improves water-salt metabolism, so it is especially recommended for older people.
- In broccoli cabbage, there are vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, PP and mineral substances (potassium, calcium, iron, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, manganese, iodine, chromium, boron). Broccoli also contains methionine, thiamine, folic acid, choline, and riboflavin. Studies have shown that broccoli reduces the likelihood of developing breast and prostate cancer. Broccoli improves heart function and protects the lungs, helping with airway inflammation. In addition, broccoli protects the stomach from bacteria that can cause peptic ulcer disease.
- Fennel is the brother of dill. Fennel fruits contain an essential oil containing anethole, fenchone, pinene, camphene, anisic aldehyde, anisic acid. Methacholine and other terpenes, as well as a fatty oil containing unsaturated fatty acids. Such as petroselinic, oleic, palmitic, etc. Essential oil, carotene, vitamins C, Bi, K and E and other substances were found in the leaves. Fennel preparations have expectorant, antimicrobial, weak diuretic and antispasmodic action. Fennel is used for spasms of the gastro tract, bronchitis with vicious and difficult expectorant sputum, a tendency to oedema. For rinsing the mouth and throat, as well as increasing the secretion of milk in lactating women.
- Avocado contains enough protein to completely replace meat and cheese in the daily diet. Does not contain sodium and cholesterol, is very rich in potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, vitamins A, PP, E, B1, B2, B6 and monounsaturated fats (easily digestible). Avocados are said to cure diabetes, high blood pressure, ulcers, gastritis, anaemia, eye, kidney, liver, cardiovascular and biliary diseases. Strengthen the immune system, increase metabolism, acting against tumours and cancer. Tones up the nervous system and psyche. It cleans the blood, regulates the menstrual cycle and other gynaecological problems, and there is almost no disease in which avocado does not give a positive effect.
Eggplant Juice – the secret of slim belly
This is a simple and effective recipe that will allow you to lose weight and get rid of fat deposits in the abdominal area. How to cook it?
- Take one large eggplant (or two small), wash and dry it well, then cut it into small cubes.
- Put the eggplant slices in a medium-sized pot and pour them with water. Water should cover at least half of the chopped vegetables.
- Put the pan on the fire and boil the eggplants for five minutes, then remove them from the fire. Wait until they cool down.
- Strain the resulting decoction with a sieve. It is recommended to store the decoction in glass containers. You can use vegetables as an ingredient in one of the dishes.
- Cover the container with a lid and put it in the fridge.
- Drink 4 cups of broth per day. You can mix it with natural freshly squeezed orange juice. The first glass of this drink should be drunk before breakfast, and the last one – before bedtime.
- This diet should be followed for at least two weeks, each time using a new eggplant to make a decoction.