Kale is a superfood that gained popularity within the latest few years. Everybody’s nuts about it! The remarkable thing about it that you can find it in supermarkets and farmer’s markets all year round. This vegetable can survive in the conditions of extreme cold. Kale becomes even tastier after frosts, which explains its popularity throughout the world. People have made many recipes with it.
This type of cabbage is a recognized source of plant-based protein. It doesn’t matter how much protein is in the vegetable, what matters is the amount of protein assimilated by the body (more thoroughly than from identical plant sources, for example, mushrooms). This veggie contains a small amount of essential omega-three fatty acids, that is irreplaceable for the cardiovascular system. That’s why we offer you to try these top 10 kale smoothie recipes for weight loss.
In modern nutrition, the role of omega-three is even higher. There is a theory that some autoimmune diseases, as well as cancer, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes, in many ways provoke inflammatory processes in the body. To reduce them, it is recommended to shift the balance of dietary fats in the direction of omega-three.
Health Benefits of Kale
This superfood contains a large amount of vitamins A and C, which allows it to be considered an excellent antioxidant. It is not only included in the list of anti-aging products, but also used when recovering from injuries, surgeries, and various types of overloads.
The beneficial properties of the plant include:
- indispensable in vegan and vegetarian cuisine, as it is able to replace meat dishes;
- a part of a healthy diet and healthy nutrition;
- normalization of the digestive tract organs, especially after protein diets;
- restores and improves vision;
- reduces the amount of “bad” cholesterol;
- affects blood clotting;
- has antitumor effects.
This vegetable contains a significant amount of plant fiber, which has a favorable effect on the gastrointestinal tract, prevents constipation and improves digestion. One can not argue that such properties are irreplaceable for weight loss and improving metabolism. In addition, it works as a detox agent, which means that it significantly affects the function of kidneys and liver.
Under the influence of iron, also contained in the leaf cabbage, the processes of synthesis of vital hormones: serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline. Also, this mineral raises the level of hemoglobin in the blood, which improves the access of active oxygen to all internal organs.
Kale cabbage has absolutely no fat content and contains about eighty percent of water, which for a long time retains a feeling of fullness in the stomach. Vitamin C significantly accelerates metabolic processes, which leads to effective weight loss. In addition, getting rid of extra pounds leads to a decrease in blood sugar and prevents the occurrence of diabetes.
10 kale smoothie recipes
Green Spinach-Mango detox
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 cups of kale
- 1/2 mango
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Peel the mango and discard the pit.
- Place everything into a blender cup and mix until even consistency.
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 cup of strawberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of non-fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup of Cranberry Juice
- 1 cup of ice optional
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl of a food processor and blend until homogeneous.
- If the berries that you're using are frozen - ice is not necessary.
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1/2 cup of kale
- ½ avocado
- 2 cups of raw spinach
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 6 ice cubes
- ½ lemon
- Chop the cucumber into chunks.
- Peel the lemon.
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit.
- Use a blender to mix the ingredients until it reaches a smooth texture.
- 1 cup of fresh or canned pineapple
- ½ sweet apple
- 1 cucumber
- 4 kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- ½ cup of mango juice
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- Chop up the cucumber
- Make sure to cut up the pineapple if you're using fresh ones.
- Combine all the components in a blender and pulse until fully incorporated.
- 3 cups of blueberries frozen
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of kale
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup
- water if needed for consistency
- Add all the ingredients to a cup of a food processor and mix until it reaches a frothy consistency.
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 banana
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup of kale
- 2 tablespoons of oats optional
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds optional
- Cut the bananas into pieces
- Remove the tough stems from the green cabbage leaves.
- Use a food processor or blender to combine all of these ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups of spinach
- 1 ½ cups of kale
- 1 orange
- 8-10 strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of mango and/or pineapple
- 1/3 cup of greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey optional
- Peel the orange, cut it into pieces.
- Remove large stems from the titular ingredient.
- If the mango and/or pineapple is fresh, be sure to peel it (if you have a mango - remember to remove the pit).
- Mix in a food processor until it reaches an even consistency.
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of pineapple
- 1 banana
- ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Juice the lime.
- Chop up the banana and pineapple.
- Freeze the banana and pineapple beforehand.
- Remove the harsh stems from the you-know-what
- Combine the contents in a blender and serve.
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of raw cashews
- 1 cup of kale leaves
- 2 frozen bananas
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Remove the tough stems from the leaves.
- Cut the bananas up into chunks.
- Blend all the ingredients until the desired consistency. You may add more almond milk if desired.
Conclusion: this leafy cabbage is a revelation
The beneficial properties of this amazing plant are due to its rich vitamin and mineral composition. This vegetable is a powerful source of vitamin A and ascorbic acid. It also contains the B vitamins, a fair amount of vitamin K, vitamins E and PP. The mineral complex is represented by magnesium, calcium, potassium, copper, iron, phosphorus, zinc, sodium, and selenium. There is more calcium in it than in milk.
However, not everybody can enjoy our titular vegetable. It is not recommended to eat cabbage to those people who suffer from urolithiasis and gallstone disease since this vegetable contains oxalates. The increased content of vitamin K in vegetables will significantly complicate the dilution of blood. The use of kale is sometimes a source of problems with the stomach and intestines and can cause flatulence, diarrhea, stomach cramps. So be sure to consult your doctor before making these smoothies.
You will not be hungry with kale! It will keep you full and provide your body with the necessary protein and fiber!
Leave a Reply