Cabbage is the perfect food for weight loss. This is confirmed not only by numerous studies but also by people who are favorably impacted by the benefits. Everyone who had tried losing extra pounds knows how hard it is to limit yourself in everything. However, many do not even realize how easy it is to lose excess weight by eating simple and affordable food.
First of all, all kinds of cabbage are the most low-calorie among all the vegetables. For example, 100 g of it contains only 27 kcal, broccoli – 28 kcal, red – 24 kcal, cauliflower – 30 kcal. Sauerkraut in the process of fermenting becomes even less high in calories – 19 kcal. The champion in this list is Peking cabbage (12 kcal).
For comparison: 100 g of beef is equivalent to 700 g of this veggie in energy terms. And to gain as much energy as is contained in a hundred-gram bar of chocolate, one must eat 2 kg of this leafy vegetable.
The reason the titular vegetable is great for weight loss is its content of tartronic acid. According to this property, it is a record among other plants. This acid inhibits the conversion of carbohydrates into fat in our body, which makes it a real “magic wand” for obese people.
However, we should remember that tartronic acid is destroyed by heat treatment and cannot give us its former benefit. At the same time, sauerkraut and its brine contain this substance a lot. Therefore, this fluid has considerable value for our body.
Health benefits from consuming cabbage
- The green outside leaves contain folic acid, which has a favorable effect on metabolic processes in the body and blood circulation.
- Due to the predominant content of potassium salts over sodium salts, it does not allow the fluid to linger in the cells of the body.
- Tartronic acid has an anti-sclerotic property. This acid helps to delay the process of conversion of carbohydrates into fats and prevents cholesterol and fats from being adjusted. But the acid breaks down.
- The juice has a neutral acid-alkaline balance, which makes it beneficial for those who suffer from a low acidity of gastric juice.
- Normalizes metabolism, as it contains a large amount of choline.
- Contains glucose, more than in oranges, lemons, and apples.
- The content of fructose exceeds carrots, onions, potatoes, and lemons.
- Sauerkraut – rich in lactic acid, as fermented milk bacteria are used for fermentation. These good bacteria, when released into the intestine, have a beneficial effect on its microflora and eliminate dysbacteriosis.
- Fiber has a healthy effect on the proper functioning of the intestines, removes cholesterol and slags from the body. Doctors recommend it for obesity, as it is a low-calorie product.
It can be considered to be a is a miracle food. The leaf contains glucosinolates, which can neutralize toxic compounds in the liver, and block the malignant cells. Thus, it can be said that this veggie is capable of preventing certain types of cancer. Including breast cancer.
In addition to breast cancer, this vegetable prevents the development of cancer in the lungs, bladder, colon, and many other organs. Its anti-cancer effect is universal. In addition, it has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract as a whole. Thanks to the ability to inhibit Helicobacter bacteria, cabbage protects against ulcers and stomach cancer. It also binds bile acids in the intestines and removes them.
5 cabbage smoothie recipes
The mix of ingredients may seem somewhat strange at first, but once you taste it - you'll realize how tasty it is.
- 8 oz of purple cabbage
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 5.3 oz of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chilled Hibiscus tea optional
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Peel the banana and cut it up into chunks. Freeze it beforehand with the strawberry and blueberry.
Make some tea (I had Hibiscus). Chill it.
Add all of the ingredients to a cup of a blender or food processor and pulse until homogeneous.
Serve and enjoy!
Stay healthy and slim with this delicious cocktail!
- 1 cup of grapes
- 1 cup of peaches
- 3/4 cup of chopped cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup of ice cubes
- 1/4 cup of water
Half the peach, discard the pit, slice and freeze beforehand.
Peel the carrot and grate it.
Mix using a blender (or food processor) until it reaches a smooth consistency.
We would like to offer you this unusual beverage that is packed with fiber and protein.
- 150 g of cabbage
- 100 g of fresh spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 200 ml of still mineral water
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
Chop up the cabbage.
Peel the banana and kiwi, cut them into pieces.
Mix in a blender on full speed until an even liquid forms.
This sweet cocktail will flip your idea of smoothies once and for all!
- 1⁄2 green cabbage
- 1⁄3 of pineapple
- 2 mangos
- ginger to taste
- 1 teaspoon of honey optional
Peel the pineapple and mango, cut them in pieces.
Peel the ginger and finely grate it.
Blend until smooth, garnish to taste and enjoy!
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1 green apple
- 1 cucumber
Half the avocado, throw away the pit.
Juice the lime.
Chop up the main ingredient.
Peel the apple and discard the seeds.
Chop the cucumber.
Mix everything with a blender until smooth.
Conclusion: drink healthy smoothies with the most unexpected ingredients
As you could have seen in our recipes – cabbage is more universal than you think. It’s compatible with fruits, veggies, and other leafy greens. It’s inexpensive, accessible and very healthy to consume. Give them a try and see for yourself!
The most interesting thing about white cabbage is its rich composition. It contains a lot of potassium, which quickly removes excess fluid from the body. Thanks to tartronic acid, metabolism is normalized. Iodine stabilizes the thyroid gland. As a result, the task of losing weight with cabbage is greatly simplified.
Initially, you need to determine a clear number of extra pounds. Then you can choose any version of weight loss with white cabbage.