Cabbage is the perfect food for weight loss. This is confirmed not only by numerous studies but also by people. Everyone who had tried losing extra pounds knows how hard it is to limit yourself in everything. People like 7-day cabbage soup meal plan, saying it’s quite affordable.
Look at the nutritional value of cabbage per 100 g:
|Vertical Adjust||Yes - Quick Release|
|Tension Knob||8-level tension knob|
|Resistance Levels||8 levels|
Cabbage green smoothies are full of useful substances. The cooking method of smoothie is simple. Just mix all ingredients in a blender (choose high powered blender), add any fruits and vegetables you like, such as frozen blueberries banana and vanilla. Add green, while, red cabbage, purple cabbage. Sounds tasty – red cabbage smoothie, green cabbage smoothie.
First of all, all kinds of cabbage are the most low-calorie among all the vegetables. For example, 100 g of it contains only 27 kcal, broccoli – 28 kcal, red – 24 kcal, cauliflower – 30 kcal. Sauerkraut in the process of fermenting becomes even less high in calories – 19 kcal. The champion in this list is Peking cabbage (12 kcal).
For comparison: 100 g of beef is equivalent to 700 g of this veggie in energy terms. And to gain as much energy as is contained in a hundred-gram bar of chocolate, one must eat 2 kg of this leafy vegetable.
The reason the titular vegetable is great for weight loss is its content of tartronic acid. According to this property, it is a record among other plants. This acid inhibits the conversion of carbohydrates into fat in our body, which makes it a real “magic wand” for obese people.
However, we should remember that tartronic acid is destroyed by heat treatment and cannot give us its former benefit. At the same time, sauerkraut and its brine contain this substance a lot. Therefore, this fluid has considerable value for our body.
5 cabbage smoothie recipes
Benefits of cabbage for weight loss
Look at health benefits from consuming cabbage:
- The green outside leaves contains folic acid, which has a favorable effect on metabolic processes in the body and blood circulation.
- Due to the predominant content of potassium salts over sodium salts, it does not allow the fluid to linger in the cells of the body.
- Tartronic acid has an anti-sclerotic property. This acid helps to delay the process of conversion of carbohydrates into fats and prevents cholesterol and fats from being adjusted. But the acid breaks down.
- The juice has a neutral acid-alkaline balance, which makes it beneficial for those who suffer from a low acidity of gastric juice.
- Normalizes metabolism, as it contains a large amount of choline.
- Contains glucose, more than in oranges, lemons, and apples.
- The content of fructose exceeds carrots, onions, potatoes, and lemons.
- Sauerkraut – rich in lactic acid, as fermented milk bacteria are used for fermentation. These good bacteria, when released into the intestine, have a beneficial effect on its microflora and eliminate dysbacteriosis.
- Fiber has a healthy effect on the proper functioning of the intestines, removes cholesterol and slags from the body. Doctors recommend it for obesity, as it is a low-calorie product.
It can be considered to be a is a miracle food. The leaf contains glucosinolates, which can neutralize toxic compounds in the liver, and block the malignant cells. Thus, it can be said that this veggie is capable of preventing certain types of cancer. Including breast cancer.
In addition to breast cancer, this vegetable prevents the development of cancer in the lungs, bladder, colon, and many other organs. Its anti-cancer effect is universal. In addition, it has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract as a whole.
Thanks to the ability to inhibit Helicobacter bacteria, cabbage protects against ulcers and stomach cancer. It also binds bile acids in the intestines and removes them.
First of all, the cabbage for weight loss is the most valuable because of low-calorie content. Following the cabbage diet, you will get a flat stomach for only 14 days.
Did you know that 5% excessive calories that you do not spend during your lifetime activity, leed to storing 5 kilos fat tissue during the year? The following benefits of cabbage help to lose weight:
- It contains very few calories. You can eat cabbage in big quantities but still maintain a slim waist.
- It is useful. Like any other vegetable with high fiber content, it improves digestion, takes away different toxins and cleanses the body. It also contains phosphorus, that maintains teeth and bones in a health condition. Besides, vitamin A that is popular by its skin care properties. Vitamin C – its properties knows everyone.
- Despite its low-calorie content, cabbage has a high saturation coefficient. Because it contains hard vegetable fibers, that fill the stomach. Usually, one plate of cabbage soup is enough for me not to feel hunger during 3-4 hours. Such a good property.
- Some people claim in their reviews that cabbage dieting promotes fast and intensive weight loss. They say one can lose up to 1 kilo per day. But the downside is that such express diets do not bring any benefits for human health.
Conclusion: drink healthy smoothies with the most unexpected ingredients
As you could have seen in our recipes – green cabbage is more universal than you think. It’s compatible with fruits, veggies, and other leafy greens. It’s inexpensive, accessible and very healthy to consume. Give them a try and see for yourself!
The most interesting thing about white cabbage is its rich composition. It contains a lot of potassium, which quickly removes excess fluid from the body. It has high water content. Thanks to tartronic acid, metabolism is normalized. Iodine stabilizes the thyroid gland. As a result, the task of losing weight with cabbage is greatly simplified.
Initially, you need to determine a clear number of extra pounds. Then you can choose any version of weight loss with white cabbage.