No one doubts about the benefits of green smoothies for weight loss. But if you are bored with spinach or broccoli cocktails – it is a high time to try something new! Swiss chard is a healthy dietic product that has a delicate flavour and soft leaves that blend pretty well in most blenders.
SEE ALSO: Top 5 cabbage smoothie recipes for weight loss
How to prepare swiss chard? Actually, when cooked right, swiss chard becomes not only useful but also very delicious. Many housewives throw it away while preparing dishes with beet. But in fact, it comprises more vitamin C than the beetroot. Besides, it is rich in ascorbic and folic acid, vitamins B1, B2, P, PP, and also iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and iodine. There is also good news for those who want to lose weight. Healthy Swiss chard cocktails are low-calorie, so they are excellent for weight loss! Let’s figure out how to cook amazing green smoothies using this useful part of the vegetable.
Beneficial Properties of Swiss Chard
In general, young beet leaves have a complex healing effect on all organs and systems. Let’s look at the list of useful key properties of the Swiss chard:
- Improves the digestion. It has a slight laxative effect, so it contributes to cleansing the body of toxins. The high content of fibre which moves through the intestines, absorbs harmful substances as a sponge and then removes them from the body, improves detoxication.
- Gives anti-ageing effect. Vitamins and minerals contribute to the rapid regeneration and appearance of new cells, replacing the old ones. Thanks to that, the rejuvenation mechanism starts at the cellular level.
- Carries out metabolism regulation. The active components in the beet top accelerate metabolism and help carbohydrates splitting with the following energy production.
Top 5 Swiss Chard Smoothies for Weight Loss
Swiss Chard Freshness
- ¾ cup of kombucha
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 3-4 leaves Swiss chard
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 ice cubes
- Cut the cucumber up into chunks.
- Rinse and tear up the Swiss chard.
- Freeze the blueberries beforehand.
- Use an emersion blender to combine the ingredients.
Conclusion: Pieces of advice while choosing Swiss Chard. How to harvest
If you want your cocktail to be fresh and healthy, it is necessary to correctly select the beet top. Actually, the first young vegetables appear on farmers’ markets at the end of May. So the experiences cookers go to find the fresh ones. They know that dishes from beet leaves are really tasty. Here are some pieces of advice that will help you:
- First of all, take notice of the leafs elasticity. It is the sign of their freshness.
- Swiss chard color should be dark-green.
- Do not take pale yellowish greens. It is unfresh and dry.
- The stub should be short and firm.
Leave a Reply