Experts say that a balanced and nutritious breakfast is a guarantee of health, livelihood, and activity for the whole day. It saturates the brain with glucose, as a result of which a person begins to think productively. Some of us miss a meal in the morning, and then we cannot resist eating unhealthy food before lunch. This is one of the causes of disorders in the digestive system and, consequently, excess weight.
After numerous studies, specialists concluded that a person that regularly breakfasts is less vulnerable to depression has no problems with digestion and obesity. What to eat for breakfast, to keep slim and get enough nutrients? You can make a menu of your breakfasts by yourself, after all, it’s effortless to eat healthily and delicious. Ideas for preparing nutritious and balanced breakfasts can be different, depending on your taste and preferences. Undoubtedly, it is necessary to use high-quality products.
General misconceptions about eating a healthy breakfast
There is a lot of misunderstanding in the field of nutrition. By the way, most of them are imposed on the society by the food manufacturers, who make ridiculous amounts of money off of a fad. Here are some examples:
- Many people think that freshly-squeezed citrus juices are good for us. This drink containing fruit acids irritates the gastric mucosa and causes discomfort. Also, citrus juices adversely affect the teeth and interfere with full digestion. Nutritionists recommend drinking this beverage 30 minutes after breakfast.
- We all known yogurts with bifidobacteria, which are so annoyingly advertised. They do not benefit us in any way. An authentic product has a shelf life of no more than 4-5 days and is not sold in plastic.
- Muesli is another favorite product, which many consider real storage of vitamins and minerals. The way they make muesli is far from the principles of proper nutrition. Because the grain loses all useful substances and vitamins already at the stage of processing. Also, they process the fruit in the muesli with a particular gas for attractiveness. An experiment has shown that some muesli contains even more fats than fried potatoes.
- Instant porridges are also completely useless, because, under the influence of high temperatures, all vitamins and fiber are destroyed.
How to avoid eating an unhealthy breakfast? First of all, make sure that all foods are fresh. The best ones to eat for breakfast are porridges (not the instant ones), dairy products, fresh fruit, eggs (preferably hard-boiled), dietetic sandwiches (with whole-grain bread), salads, etc.
Top 7 healthy breakfast recipes with nuts for weight loss
Try out this low-calorie, delicious and inexpensive breakfast!
- 4 apples
- 250 grams of low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1 handful of raisins
- honey to taste
- cinnamon to taste
Carve the inside of the apple and extract the seeds
Stuff with a mixture of cottage cheese, honey and cinnamon
Sprinkle with walnuts
Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy while warm.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of coconut shavings
- 1 tbsp of crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp of berries
Cut the banana in half.
Pour the greek yoghurt over it.
Sprinkle with berries, nuts and coconut shavings. Bon Appetit!
- 1 cup of oats;
- ½ cup oatmeal;
- 1 handful of dried fruits;
- 2-3 slices of grated bitter chocolate;
- ⅓ a glass of milk;
- 1 tablespoon honey;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 handful of pecans
- salt and cinnamon to taste.
Separately mix all dry and liquid ingredients. Combine both mixtures and mix well until a thick, homogeneous mass.
Even out the dough layer in 5-7 millimetres on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in a pre-heated 180-degree oven for 20 minutes.
Cut the hot dough into bars, turn them over and leave for another 5-7 minutes in the oven.
You can vary your breakfast by changing the ingredients from time to time. Dried fruits can be replaced with nuts, pumpkin seeds, berries, chopped banana or other fruits.
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of nuts
- 4 dried dates
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- 1 handful of berries
Add everything to a cup of a blender and mix until homogeneous
Garnish with berries and serve!
- 100 grams of oats;
- 200 ml of natural yoghurt;
- berries to taste;
- vanilla to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- cardamom to taste.
Mix the oats with spices and yoghurt. Leave in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning just add berries, coconut shavings, nuts or dried fruits.
- 2 cups of almonds
- 2 tbsp of honey
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 egg whites
- vanilla extract to taste.
Crush the nuts with the honey in a blender until crumbly.
Whisk the egg whites with salt, then gradually add the nut mixture and vanilla extract while continuing to beat.
Spoon the mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated to 160 degree-oven until golden brown (about 30 minutes).
Sometimes in the morning, we want to please our significant others with something special and beautiful, but at the same time simple and healthy. This recipe is just for such cases.
- 150 ml of vanilla yoghurt;
- 150 grams of corn flakes;
- 150 grams of berries;
- 1 handful of nuts
Lay the layers of berries, yoghurt and cereal in a tall glass maintaining equal proportions. Sprinkle with nuts. Just a few minutes and your delicious, bright and slightly romantic breakfast is ready.
Conclusion: a healthy breakfast starts a good day!
Breakfast is the main meal for those who watch out for their figure. Therefore it is important to make it healthy and nutritious at the same time. For successful weight loss, or to be in shape, you do not need to stick to strict diets. It’s enough to eat healthily. Everyone can do this. A healthy breakfast is quite simple and inexpensive if you put your imagination to it!