Kiwi is now famous around the world. It got its name from the New Zealanders, because of its peel, similar to the feathers of the bird of the same name.
The ripening starts around October-November. The advantages and value of it are that even after six months of storage, the vitamin C in the fruit remains up to ninety percent.
The green fruit retains its value and freshness for several months and is therefore available almost all year round. Considered the champion among fruit for weight loss. First of all, because it is low-calorie.
100 g of the fruit contains 84 g of water, 14 g of carbohydrates, 2.8 g of fiber, 290 mg of potassium, 95 mg of vitamin C, 35 mg of calcium, iron, and magnesium.
One fruit can cover the daily intake of vitamin C in the body. It also contains vitamins K, E, fruit acids, iron, organic acids and flavonoids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
It has a large number of insoluble plant fibers, which interrupt hunger well and play an active role in removing accumulation from the intestines. And the carnitine helps to burn fats effectively and quickly. Also, the fruit has the highest antioxidant activity.
Therefore, there are at least two good reasons for it to become necessary food for those who want to lose weight. The first reason is that it’s low in calories and the second is that it’s high in vitamin C and fiber, which help burn fat. This is why we’d like to draw your attention to our top 7 kiwi smoothie recipes for weight loss.
Beneficial properties of kiwi
- Contains enzymes and fruit acids that help burn fat, speeding up the metabolism.
- Vitamin (E) reduces the amount of cholesterol, rejuvenates the skin, prevents the development of varicose veins and heart problems.
- Vitamin (C) inhibits the aging process.
- Vitamin (K) inhibits the formation of intestinal and stomach tumors.
- Iron improves blood formation and increases hemoglobin level.
- Calcium strengthens bone tissue and accelerates wound healing.
- Due to its fibrous structure, the fruit can help control appetite.
- Magnesium improves brain cell function, maintains heart rhythm, and has a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
- Potassium is involved in the metabolism and synthesis of protein carbohydrates, resists the elimination of calcium in the urine, feeds the cardiovascular system.
- Zinc strengthens nails and hair and bone tissue.
- Insoluble fibers absorb fats that enter the intestines, preventing them from being partially incorporated into the blood, and also increase the speed of digestion and metabolism of the intestines, which is very important for weight loss.
This particular fruit is one of the most commonly consumed fruit, having a pleasant taste, maximum nutrients, vitamins and a minimum of calories. It can be stored for a long time without losing its properties and is suitable for almost all dishes: desserts, cereals, soups, cocktails, and juices. It is therefore ideal for diet food.
7 kiwi smoothie recipes
Conclusion: be slim and healthy without having to starve
Effective weight loss is the result of exposure to the human body of three components: a balanced diet, physical activity and taking products, the active elements of which act purposefully and break down (burn) the fat cells accumulated during the conduct of a wrong lifestyle.
Due to the high percentage of “fat burning” and normalizing the metabolic processes of substances, it helps to combat excess weight effectively and is used in various programs for weight loss.
If you decide to include this fruit into your daily diet, mind that it does not require adherence to strict schemes, as long as its active components systematically enter the body in sufficient quantities, which is convenient and especially appealing to those who want to lose weight, making a minimum of effort for this.
Before you decide to do this, you should know that there are health restrictions to eating kiwi systematically:
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers (acids can provoke exacerbation of these diseases)
- Gastritis in the acute phase.
- Allergists, because kiwi contains peptidase, which can provoke an allergic reaction.
Be sure to visit your doctor before you try this method. You shouldn’t encounter any problems with the preparation and use of the green fruit. You can just eat it simply by removing the skin or by making a smoothie using a blender. It can be used in various fruit and vegetable salads, desserts and even meat dishes. It is advisable to eat it raw, without subjecting the fruit to even minimal heat treatment, so that the maximum amount of vitamins and beneficial components will be preserved.