Kiwi is now famous around the world. It got its name from the New Zealanders, because of its peel, similar to the feathers of the bird of the same name.
The ripening starts around October-November. The advantages and value of it are that even after six months of storage, the vitamin C in the fruit remains up to ninety percent.
The green fruit retains its value and freshness for several months and is therefore available almost all year round. Considered the champion among fruit for weight loss. First of all, because it is low-calorie.
100 g of the fruit contains 84 g of water, 14 g of carbohydrates, 2.8 g of fiber, 290 mg of potassium, 95 mg of vitamin C, 35 mg of calcium, iron, and magnesium.
One fruit can cover the daily intake of vitamin C in the body. It also contains vitamins K, E, fruit acids, iron, organic acids and flavonoids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
It has a large number of insoluble plant fibers, which interrupt hunger well and play an active role in removing accumulation from the intestines. And the carnitine helps to burn fats effectively and quickly. Also, the fruit has the highest antioxidant activity.
Therefore, there are at least two good reasons for it to become necessary food for those who want to lose weight. The first reason is that it’s low in calories and the second is that it’s high in vitamin C and fiber, which help burn fat. This is why we’d like to draw your attention to our top 7 kiwi smoothie recipes for weight loss.
Beneficial properties of kiwi
- Contains enzymes and fruit acids that help burn fat, speeding up the metabolism.
- Vitamin (E) reduces the amount of cholesterol, rejuvenates the skin, prevents the development of varicose veins and heart problems.
- Vitamin (C) inhibits the aging process.
- Vitamin (K) inhibits the formation of intestinal and stomach tumors.
- Iron improves blood formation and increases hemoglobin level.
- Calcium strengthens bone tissue and accelerates wound healing.
- Due to its fibrous structure, the fruit can help control appetite.
- Magnesium improves brain cell function, maintains heart rhythm, and has a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
- Potassium is involved in the metabolism and synthesis of protein carbohydrates, resists the elimination of calcium in the urine, feeds the cardiovascular system.
- Zinc strengthens nails and hair and bone tissue.
- Insoluble fibers absorb fats that enter the intestines, preventing them from being partially incorporated into the blood, and also increase the speed of digestion and metabolism of the intestines, which is very important for weight loss.
This particular fruit is one of the most commonly consumed fruit, having a pleasant taste, maximum nutrients, vitamins and a minimum of calories. It can be stored for a long time without losing its properties and is suitable for almost all dishes: desserts, cereals, soups, cocktails, and juices. It is therefore ideal for diet food.
7 kiwi smoothie recipes
- 1 kiwi
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of spinach
- 3 tbsp of yogurt of choice
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Peel the kiwi and banana and cut them up into chunks.
- Peel the apple, remove the seeds, slice it.
- Put all the ingredients into a cup of a blender and pulse until homogeneous.
- Pour into glasses, garnish to taste and enjoy.
- 1/4 of cup water
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 ripe kiwis
- 1 large ripe pear
- 1 tbsp of honey optional
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Juice the lime.
- Peel the kiwi and cut it up into chunks.
- Half and core the pear.
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and beat until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with lime.
- 1/2 cup of strawberries frozen
- 1/3 cup of pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of cantaloupe
- 1/3 cup of green melon
- 1 tangerine
- 3 kiwis
- Peel the pineapple, cut it into chunks.
- Remove the peel from the cantaloupe and green melon and slice them.
- Peel the kiwi and tangerine.
- Place the fruits into a blender or food processor. Pulse until thoroughly incorporated, gradually add the coconut milk.
- Pour into glasses, garnish to your liking and serve.
- 1 handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple
- 1/2 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp of coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp of honey optional
- 6 ice cubes
- Peel the banana, cut it and freeze it beforehand.
- Peel the pineapple and kiwi, slice them into pieces.
- Use a blender to beat the ingredients into a smooth frothy cocktail.
Loaded Fruit Bomb
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of banana
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of peaches
- 3 kiwis
- Half the peaches and discard the pit.
- Freeze the bananas beforehand.
- Peel the kiwis and cut them into chunks.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- 2 cups of pineapple
- 3 mint leaves
- 2 avocados
- 1 orange
- 2 kiwis
- 3 green apples
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit.
- Peel the apples, throw away the seeds and cut them into chunks
- Juice the orange
- Peel the pineapple and cube it.
- Mix all the ingredients with a blender until homogeneous.
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 3 bananas
- 1 mango
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 cup of cranberry juice sugar-free
- honey to taste
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- Peel the mango, discard the pit.
- Peel the banana, cube it and freeze it beforehand.
- Place the ingredients into a food processor, or blender. Pulse until completely incorporated.
- Pour into glasses and garnish. Enjoy!
Conclusion: be slim and healthy without having to starve
Effective weight loss is the result of exposure to the human body of three components: a balanced diet, physical activity and taking products, the active elements of which act purposefully and break down (burn) the fat cells accumulated during the conduct of a wrong lifestyle.
Due to the high percentage of “fat burning” and normalizing the metabolic processes of substances, it helps to combat excess weight effectively and is used in various programs for weight loss.
If you decide to include this fruit into your daily diet, mind that it does not require adherence to strict schemes, as long as its active components systematically enter the body in sufficient quantities, which is convenient and especially appealing to those who want to lose weight, making a minimum of effort for this.
Before you decide to do this, you should know that there are health restrictions to eating kiwi systematically:
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers (acids can provoke exacerbation of these diseases)
- Gastritis in the acute phase.
- Allergists, because kiwi contains peptidase, which can provoke an allergic reaction.
Be sure to visit your doctor before you try this method. You shouldn’t encounter any problems with the preparation and use of the green fruit. You can just eat it simply by removing the skin or by making a smoothie using a blender. It can be used in various fruit and vegetable salads, desserts and even meat dishes. It is advisable to eat it raw, without subjecting the fruit to even minimal heat treatment, so that the maximum amount of vitamins and beneficial components will be preserved.
Leave a Reply