ayla Itsines helps people to bring the body in order and shares the secrets of training and proper nutrition. What does the fitness trainer eat? – read in this article.
Kayla Itsines is one of the most popular fitness bloggers on Instagram. She has 10.2 million subscribers and every day this number is growing. Besides, it is useful to check what Emily Ratajkowski eats.
Convincing anyone that it’s time for him to do fitness is not an easy task. Australian trainer Kayla Itsines succeeds in inspiring ten million people around the world to exercise. For her group lessons, the Bloomberg agency recently devoted material to her growing HLS-Empire. We looked on the social network to learn more about this workouts muse.
Her love for fitness helped Kayla to conquer world-wide popularity, and she intends to use her status in order to unite with other experts to fulfill the mission of introducing a rational approach to health, a rational approach to her body, especially for women.
In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, a passionate advocate for a healthy lifestyle explained that she intended to support women to feel “alive,” “real,” and discard the insane idea of not posting photos of her image on the network until she reached “perfect impeccability.
Speaking with her colleagues, yoga instructor Sjana Elise Earp, and Kelsey Wells, an expert in shaping women after giving birth, Itsines explained how important it is to talk openly about highs and lows in workout programs.
What does Kayla Itsines eat?
Nutrition of a person who is actively engaged in sports, according to Itsines opinion, should be balanced, have a normal amount of calories, and also be tasty. The example of such nutrition is the fat burning soup or spinach meal plan. Her own star fitness diet is shared on the pages of Instagram.
Breakfast is the most important part of the day. It is the morning meal that allows you to“ light up ”the body and“ include ”it in work,” Kayla writes on her page.
The trainer herself prefers to eat dried bread with eggs, greens, tomatoes, and sauce, or with tuna and vegetables for breakfast. When you want something else, Kayla chooses muesli with fruit and sour cream sauce.
So, in the opinion, Itsines must have both carbohydrates and proteins in the breakfast. Their combination allows you to feel a charge of energy for a long time. With regard to the snack between lunch and dinner, a fitness star can eat a salad of vegetables, chicken, tuna or cheese. For lunch, you need to “connect” heavier artillery.
Lunch should be nourishing and give a lot of energy, because there is still a big part of the day ahead,” said Itsines.” The filler for pasta can be poultry, fish or legumes. Refueling – based on olive oil.
As a second snack, Kayla eats fruit or desserts based on them. “If you are losing weight, limit yourself to fruits,” advises Itsines. She also emphasizes that such a power scheme is suitable for her because she trains practically every day.
For dinner, the coach prefers meat or fish with vegetables. If you want some more side dish, Itsines chooses brown rice or pasta, made of durum wheat, but there should be a very little side dish. But vegetables and meat – just enough to eat.
Dinner is the time when each of us relax after a hard day. It must be delicious, – said Kayla.
Kayla is not a supporter of only protein nutrition, as I am sure that it does more harm than good. In her opinion, the ideal menu is, first of all, a balanced diet, which has all the necessary substances for the body. Girls who follow Kayla’s advice lose up to 20 kilos of excess weight and gain muscle relief. Everyone knows what proper nutrition is, but somehow the hands do not reach to put it into practice.
- Nutrition should be fractional, i.e. often and slightly. At least 4-5 times a day and in small portions.
- Do not load up before going to bed, but if you follow the first item, then in the evening hunger will not be as strong. But, if the hunger still attacked you, then drink better, but only with pleasure, a glass of yoghurt and go to bed quietly.
- Forget the habit of eating on the go. The fact is that if it is slow, the mechanism that controls the saturation, acts correctly and the signal of getting enough food in time enters the brain. On the move, in a hurry, this mechanism does not work in time, and because of this, you can eat much more than you need.
- Never overeat. It is very harmful to the stomach and for the whole body. Some experts recommend that before a meal, tie your waist with a belt or string. When overeating will become cramped, and more than the prescribed, do not swallow.
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits with a lot of fibre every day. Make it a rule to prepare a salad of fresh vegetables every day (cabbage, carrots, beets, greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.). Just season the salad with sunflower or olive oil.
- Do not drink water during and after meals. It is better to drink, if you want, before meals. But! Drink plenty of liquids throughout the day, better, of course, if it is clean drinking water.
- Eliminate fatty foods from your diet. Everyone knows about the harmfulness of fatty foods.
- Limit the use of flour products, sweets, alcohol. The alternative to flour products – small loaves, grain bread, with bran; sweets – dried fruit, honey; but alcohol is difficult to replace (if only with a glass of dry wine), just follow the rule of moderation and do it not often.
- Limit the use of salt, spices and various seasonings. Just gradually reduce the portion added to food, because if it is done abruptly and immediately, then the food will seem bland.
- A variety of nutrition. A prerequisite for proper nutrition is the production of polyunsaturated fatty acids, trace elements, macronutrients, vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids necessary for humans. To be sure that you get everything you need, try to eat varied. Everything you need can be obtained even from such simple foods like vegetables, fruits, cereals, and legumes.
- Your body is asking for water. Yes, it is water, not beer or sugary drinks. Even in the heat, if it seems to you that you are dreaming about lemonade or beer, drink two glasses of water and you will understand that you don’t need any beer or lemonade. Try to drink regular drinking water as much as possible. If there are no individual contraindications, then at least 1-1.5 litres of water per day.
- And, of course, eat with pleasure, if possible creating a pleasant atmosphere for digestion. Never read, watch TV or surf the internet while eating, usually quietly eaten more than you want and be.
Start with a small, although these twelve points are already a significant change in your diet. Moreover, do it right now, not from Monday. Bon Appetit!
Kayla Itsines diet plan
Unlike many fitness models, Kayla is a supporter of the traditional approach to nutrition. She avoids and does not believe in experimental practices. The diet promoted by the fitness instructor is a healthy, balanced, and most importantly – a nutritious meal plan.
Here is an example of a 1-day diet plan:
- Breakfast: oatmeal with berries and protein powder;
- Snack: apple, celery cup, a handful of nuts;
- Dinner: pita stuffed with tomatoes, salad, and chicken breast;
- Snacks: fruits or berries, including bananas and grapes;
- Dinner: baked or stewed beef, vegetable salad with feta cheese.
The Kayla Itsines diet plan is highly useful for the human body. What are the things that make it special? During snacks, Kayla Itsines usually eats some fruit – a banana or mango. And after training, she can afford a whole meal – baked tuna with vegetables or chicken fillet, for example.
At the same time, the girl doesn’t support supplements that can be found in 9 out of 10 fitness fans. There is not a single photo with “magic pills” on her page. Actually, she do not use or encourage the use of any food additives. However, she is not against protein powder – it is an additional protein.
On Kayla Itsines Instagram account, she likes to post the photo of her appetizing meals, in addition to the results of her fitness program. It adds a lot of motivation and creative fitness ideas to her followers.
BBG meal plan
Bikini Body Guide is the method of Australian fitness trainer Kayla Itsines, which has developed all over the world. The meal plan has already gained trust and popularity among girls and women of different ages. In just 12 weeks, the body is transformed completely. The author confirms that everyone can lose weight using this diet plan.
Let’s start with the HELP Nutrition Guide. This is 60 pages of a nutrition plan with daily menus and recipes. After reading the book you will learn:
- What foods burn fat
- How to speed up the metabolism
A balanced diet does exclude neither proteins, nor fats, nor carbohydrates (“plate principle”). It consists of a 5-time meal. After all, proper nutrition is the key to success by 80%. What are the limitations? Complete refusal of sweet and alcohol. Substitution of sweets for fruits and berries.
Here is a 1-day example of nutrition from a book:
- Breakfast: poached egg, rye bread, a cup of spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Snack: 2 cups chopped fruit salad with low-fat yogurt.
- Dinner: turkey, 2 cups of green salad/tomato/cucumber/carrot.
- Snack: ordinary macchiato, 10 g of almonds.
- Dinner: grilled chicken, 2 cups of lettuce, low-fat feta cheese, kinva and a spoon of olive oil.
Check the popular books by Kayla Itsines:
Kayla Itsines recipes
How did Kayla Itsines attract ten million fans?
Kayla started a page on Instagram in 2012 and published photos of clients she worked with in a gym in Australia, in a “before and after” format. The results were so brilliant that the number of subscribers began to grow rapidly. Today, a significant part of the blog is occupied precisely by the chronicles of the achievements of the clients.
- More than physical education
According to ItsSines herself, she decided to change the name of her program from Bikini Body Guide to Sweat with Kayla also because she realized: looking beautiful in a bathing suit or in the nude is not all that people dream of doing sports. First of all, they dream of becoming more healthy and resilient, and secondly, they feel confident in any clothes.
This is one of the secrets of Kayla. In full compliance with the body-positive fashion mod, the coach teaches the clients to love their body and improve it with love, not with hatred. Her group workouts, which come at times to several thousand followers, begin with the fact that Itsines invites everyone to hug their yoga mats neighbour.
Kayla lives in Adelaide, the state of South Australia, but to exercise according to her methodology, it is not necessary to live nearby. Coach has released a mobile application for everyone, and it has already become the most commercially successful in the history of the existence of such programs. Also, the Australian and her fiance conduct group classes in different countries.
- Fell – wrung out – jumped
The classes offered by Kayla are related to boot camp. This name fitness trainers borrowed from the US military subjects. Bootcamp – intense sports training for recruits of the US Armed Forces. It is a combination of strength and cardiovascular exercises, complemented by stretching.
Interval training lasts an hour under modern dance music. Here is the minimum that is included in the workout: jumps with raised arms, with raised knees and with twists, slats (both on straight arms and elbows), push-ups, lunges.
Each type is performed for 30 seconds, then – 30 seconds of rest, and again into battle.Itsness emphasizes that its training is not quite universal: each person does as many repetitions as he can, depending on the level of training.
It is noteworthy that the mass workouts that Kayla conducts in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, London are free for visitors. The events are sponsored by a well-known sportswear brand.
- Why is it popular?
The answer is very simple: it works. The “before and after” photos that are sent to her from the wards to boast of success speak for themselves. You can also lose weight with Bella Hadid to achieve the same fabulous results.
The terms of transformation are different for everyone. The program can take from several weeks to one and a half years, depending on the initial data and what the person wants to receive as a result.
Losing motivation and inspiration is very easy, says Kayla. – But when you are in a community of people with the same goals as yours, like #BBGgirls, it’s actually very difficult to lose the desire to improve. People all the time inspire and motivate you with photos. We are all practically family.
There is one more reason. Using the application, Instagram account and hashtags, Itsines has created a huge community with a common goal. Fans of the Australian method call themselves #BBGgirls (Bikini Body Girls). The publication of a photo of achievements gives a competitive effect, urging everyone not to quit what they have begun.
- Is it possible to eat after six?
We will talk about everything, and we will discuss those things that women prefer to remain silent on social networks. For example, let’s discuss critical days or talk about feeling when it seems to us that it is inflating us, or about skipping workouts. We all have fat, we all have stretch marks.
I’m a person known in the fitness world, indicating a change in attitudes in social networks, where more and more women express their unwillingness to participate in an endless race for a perfect body. Today, some girls in social networks pushing this serious topic say that it doesn’t matter how you look, but what is important is how you feel. This is exactly what we are trying to convey to others.
Healthy eating is not the main theme of Kyle’s Instagram account. If her personal client needs to change her diet, she turns to nutritionists for recommendations. According to their advice, she compiled a diet guide, which can also be purchased on her website.
But sometimes Kayla publishes pictures with healthy food: beautifully sliced fruit, oatmeal, salads and seafood as if hinting to subscribers that pumping the press is good, but fitness doesn’t work with cakes. Somehow, Itsines was able to convey to the fans what they knew before: to feel good and look great, you need to do exercises and eat right.
Gathering an army of more than 10 million Instagram followers, Kayla wants to encourage other women to use social networks to help them see their sight, inspire themselves and become support for others. Its success is sure: it’s time to get out from behind the scenes.
Its success is trying to convey a simple truth: the photo shows one moment from your particular day. The photo shows only a piece of yourself in a certain period of time and does not reflect the whole essence. “Just remember this,” asks Kyle.
Being a fighter for a healthy lifestyle, Itsines encourages its followers to embrace its idea that the main goal is to be the best person, as far as possible.
People will love you for personal qualities, for what you are inside … not for how you look outside. That’s what matters most!
Those who are passionate about healthy lifestyles say that it is strange to go in for fitness and not know anything about Itsines. Of course, with so many fans, fame runs ahead of this coach. But for a start, it is worth noting that for the most part the 25-year-old Kayla’s audience is represented by women.
Probably, the Australian is not averse to changing the situation, because she is going to change the name of his super popular “Bikini Body Guide” program to a more gender-neutral one — “Sweat with Kayla”. For the same reason, for some time now, the girl has been teaching not one, but with a male partner, her friend Toby Pierce.
Kayla Itsines is an athlete, activist, beauty, professional trainer, author of the “Bikini-body” figure correction program, which has helped more than one thousand girls to find a dream figure.
She is a supporter of rather popular and effective 14 days Japanese diet. Kayla is sure that the success of any figure correction program is nutrition. And it gives you the opportunity to build your body the way you want.