oday, nutritionists present many options of diets for women. Nowadays you can hardly surprise anyone with a diet containing cottage cheese or green vegetables.
Do you know about the existence of a spinach weight loss diet? And is it good for you?
This superfood consists of nutrients and only 20 calories, so it is not surprising that nutritionists have created a diet that includes spinach and dishes made with it.
|Scientific name||Spinacia oleracea|
If, in addition to a beautiful and slim figure, you strive to have the most healthy body, then this leafy green will be the best helper in this. It is the product that will help eliminate toxins from the body and entirely cleanse it of harmful accumulation.
You can add these greens to different dishes, use them as a garnish, make smoothies or a salad with olive oil. It is important to remember that introducing this product into your spinach weight loss menu will help you prevent aging.
After all, it contains a large number of vitamins C and E, and they have a strong antioxidant effect, which slows down aging.
7, 30-day spinach diet
In order to lose about five pounds of excess weight, you need to follow this diet for 7 or 30 days. Just follow the sequence and keep to the diet rules.
Dan Harriman points out the main highlights on livestrong.com:
- During the morning meal of the first day of the diet you need to eat cottage cheese (100 grams), the fat content of which will be equal to 2%, as well as a baked apple with the addition of cinnamon.
- During lunch, the first day you need to eat boiled potatoes (150 grams), cooked with the addition of carrots and spinach. At lunch the fruit salad (200 grams) is available.
- Dine on the first day of the diet of veal (150 grams), which must be extinguished with the addition of carrots, onions and spinach.
If you want to try the alternative effective meal plans, check 5 popular variants of kefir diet for weight loss. As it perfectly cleanses your body and helps to get rid of extra pounds in a short period of time.
- On the second day, you need to have breakfast with a salad (200 grams) made from spinach, one egg, lemon juice, and also dill. You need to season the salad with olive oil.
- Lunch, you should corn porridge (150 grams) with the addition of dill. At lunch, eat boiled chicken breast (150 grams) with parsley and spinach.
- Dinner on the second day you need yogurt (200 ml), the fat content of which should be equal to 4%, as well as an apple.
- Morning meal should be a salad (150 grams). It made from carrots and seasoned with one teaspoon of corn oil.
- It is necessary to have lunch with lean pilaf (150 grams), made from unpolished rice with the addition of herb. During the afternoon, you must eat dietary vegetable soup (200 ml).
- Dinner should be boiled seafood with vegetables and spinach.
Here is the nutritional information about 1 cup (30g) of spinach. See table 1:
|From Carbohydrate||3.8(15.9 kJ)|
|From Fat||1.0(4.2 kJ)|
|From Protein||2.1(8.8 kJ)|
|From Alcohol||0.0(0.0 kJ)|
Spinach is also rich in vitamins. See table 2:
|Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)||0.6mg||3%|
The mineral content is also rich. See table 3:
If you want to continue the diet, then start with the first day of the menu below, as Varsha Vats suggests on ndtv.com:
This eating regime does not have alterations and requires commitment. If this diet is going properly – you will lose up to 10 pounds (5 kg). The number of pounds (kilograms) lost is individual for each person and you should not worry at the result.
After all, short-term weight loss is called that because the result doesn’t last long. To improve the result, combine dieting with full body workout with Concept2 model D indoor rowing machine with PM5.
- Breakfast. 100 grams of non-fat cottage cheese and a baked apple.
- Lunch. 150 grams of baked potatoes and carrots (with spinach).
- Second lunch. 200 grams of fruit salad (apple, kiwi, and orange). Dressed with lemon juice.
- Dinner. 150 grams of boiled lean meat with steamed onions and carrots and spinach.
- Breakfast. 100 grams of salad with spinach and hard-boiled egg.
- Lunch. 150 grams of cornmeal porridge.
- Second lunch. 150 grams of a boiled chicken breast with our leafy green.
- Dinner. Yogurt and an apple.
- Breakfast. 150 grams of carrot salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Lunch. 150 grams of pilaf (rice with lean meat and the green veggie).
- Second lunch. 200 grams of cream of spinach soup.
- Dinner. 150 grams of boiled seafood with spinach.
A few more ideas
Eating tasty spinach dishes is also possible for slimming. But you need to choose the right recipes. You can make stuffing for pies, salads, smoothies, soups, casseroles from this vegetable. The vegetable is well combining with fish and meat, seafood. In general, there is plenty to choose from.
Here are the recipes for original dishes using spinach:
The chicken breast to boil and cut into cubes. Mozzarella is also a medium cut. Combine chicken, cheese, slices of mandarins, spinach leaves. Dress up with sauce: juice of one tangerine and olive oil.
- Soup puree
700 g broccoli boil. Two onions and spinach cut. Then get the broccoli out of the pan and, combining with onions and spinach, beat with a blender. The resulting mass is going in a saucepan, pour a glass of cream there, salt and pepper.
Cook for a few more minutes. Serve garnished with whole cabbage inflorescence.
- Cutlet with spinach
Twist the turkey fillet through the meat grinder. Bunch spinach blanch five minutes and chop. Mix the minced meat, salt, three eggs, spinach, pepper and a couple of tablespoons of flour. Make cutlets from the mass, dip each in an egg and roll in flour.
Fry on both sides. Cutlets turn out juicy and tender.
- Walnuts with nuts
Chop and fry the walnuts in a frying pan, chop and simmer the spinach. Ingredients connect. Chicken fillet beat off, salt and, putting the stuffing, wrap in rolls. Lightly fry and then simmer or bake in the oven.
Serve, cut the rolls into medallions. If desired, chopped garlic can be added to the filling. But this is not necessary.
- Green smoothie
A green smoothie is an optimal variant of easy-to-do breakfast. A glass of sliced spinach, half an avocado, green apple, one banana, and lettuce leaves in a blender. Serve with ice cubes. Slimming with this herb is very tasty and healthy.
But remember that it is impossible to adhere to such a specific diet for a long time, so as not to harm health.
Benefits of spinach for losing weight
One of the critical components of the leafy vegetable is oxalic acid. It promotes the formation of kidney stones, so before including this green into your diet, be sure to consult a doctor.
Note that the baby spinach contains a minimum amount of oxalic amino acid.
- people who have diseases of the duodenum or biliary tract;
- people suffering from rheumatism;
- people with high blood pressure.
In any case, even if you do not suffer from these diseases, before starting to follow this diet, it is better to contact your doctor and let him inform you about the do’s and don’ts of spinach weight loss diet.
Spinach-based weight loss program is very popular among those people who want not only to lose weight but also to improve the health of the body.
This product does not contain many calories:
There is only 20 kcal per 100 grams. The author of this system of weight loss recommends eating two or three servings of spinach per week to all those who seek to lose weight. Besides eating spinach, you will prolong your youth.
- Spinach in the fight against cancer in weight loss program
The rich mineral composition and vitamins help to remove toxins from the body. It fights free radicals. This is an excellent prevention of the development of cancer cells.
- Spinach as an immunostimulator in weight loss diet
The content in spinach of a large number of active vitamins stimulates the immune properties of the body. The product fights inflammation. Also viruses and microbes.
Spinach consumption in weight loss is also shown to people with a weakened body, who need a vitamin charge. Here we show how to increase your immunity in a short time.
- Spinach – a source of iodine
This herb contains enough iodine, which is easily and quickly absorbed by the body. Spinach will also be a good preventive measure.
- Spinach is good for sight
The composition of spinach weight loss program contains such a substance as lutein. It is guarding our good vision. Lutein improves eye function and prevents the development of diseases associated with impaired vision.
Spinach weight loss is shown primarily to those people who sit at a computer for a long time. Also those, who often have to strain their eyesight. Spinach helps relieve fatigue and tension from the eyes.
Erin Coleman reports on livestrong.com:
Spinach weight loss diet also contains bioflavonoids, which have a positive effect on human skin condition. The complex of vitamins E and C has a strong antioxidant effect, slowing the aging process.
The diet is good even for those people who are actively involved in sports because its use has a positive effect on the speed of the process of recovery of muscle tissue.
By following a spinach diet, you can prevent the risk of gastritis and any inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. However, in the event that such deviations are already present, try during the diet to cook for lunch soup with the addition of spinach. So you can improve your stomach.
It is not recommended to consume foods using spinach re-freezing. Preparing the first dish of re-frozen spinach, you are unlikely to poison yourself, but the number of vitamins in this product will be much lower than in fresh leaves. The maximum benefit for your figure and your health can be obtained if you buy spinach in a vacuum package.
Chopped spinach leaves are recommended to be eaten within three to four hours. Observing the spinach-based weight loss system, you can combine this product with any type of protein, including milk casein. Negative effects of such a diet can manifest as an upset stomach.
In order to avoid this, try not to eat a dish made of our herb and fresh milk during one meal.
Spinach only diet: is it safe?
Regular consumption of spinach helps to lose those extra pounds. And it’s not just his low calorie content. Researchers have discovered substances that cheat appetite.
It’s all about the thylakoids, say the credentials, who investigated spinach also from this side. Data published in Science World Report. They reduce appetite and help to refuse a nourishing dinner or lunch.
38 women were offered to start the morning from a vegetable cocktail. Half of the subjects received a spinach squeeze as part of a cocktail, and the other simply consumed cocktails with other vegetables to test the placebo effect.
- The participants in the experiment observed approximately the same special diet. They played sports and restricted many foods.
- Other things being equal, those who consumed spinach, on average, lost 1.5 kilograms than other women.
- Thilakidae stimulates the formation of hormone consistency and reduces the burden to the harmful.
What is more important is that the first group showed less that they wanted to be harmful and forbidden. They had less craving for fatty and sweet food. And they quickly learned to enjoy healthy food, vegetable cocktails.
It turned out that thylakoids stimulate the formation of hormones of satiety and reduce cravings for harmful, fatty, sweet and, thus, wonderfully cheat appetite. Spinach in the composition of cocktails, salads, in the form of fillings for pita is a great dietary supplement.
Especially for those who want to lose weight gradually and in a healthy rhythm. The spinach season has arrived.
Only if spinach is only part of your healthy diet. And then, not every day. All mono-diets, the so-called detox (cleansing), in fact, painfully beat on health and brings harm.
It’s unrealistic to eat some leaves, so a diet-hunger is obtained. Unbalanced, slows metabolism. Instead of fat, muscles start to collapse first of all, the work of many organs and systems is disrupted, and the dropped kilograms quickly return to a much larger extent.
No detox occurs, the body is under stress, free radicals accumulate.
- It contains a lot of oxalic acids, salts of which can be deposited in the kidneys and urinary tract. Therefore, an excess of spinach is fraught with stones. And people with urolithiasis are strictly forbidden to eat such foods.
- Spinach purine is particularly bad for those who suffer from gout and salt deposits anywhere else.
- This vegetable is quite sour. If you have it often, gastritis (and even an ulcer) is provided.
- When disorders of the thyroid gland is also sometimes not oxalic acid. If it comes too much, it threatens to hormonal failure. And instead of the long-awaited weight loss will begin to gain more.
- The composition of spinach tones. Therefore, abuse of them threatens insomnia, aggressiveness, irritability, depression.
What to do?
Do not believe in the bright headlines of unscrupulous forums that promise weight loss of 10 kg in a week or two.
The solution is simple.
The best diet for weight loss is a balanced, varied, healthy diet with a slight calorie deficit. Plus the required physical activity. Under a rolling stone, not only water does not flow, but fat does not leave it.
- As for weight loss, then this herb is the best gift for all those who seek to throw off the hated kilos.
- First of all, because it contains a huge source of various vitamins and minerals, which are so often lacking for us with strict diets.
- Secondly, this plant is a real “broom” for the intestines. It contains a large amount of fiber, which can not digest by the body and which remarkably “sweeps” all the garbage accumulated in the gastrointestinal tract.
- And, finally, you can eat it at least in buckets – it will not do any harm to the figure, as it is very low-calorie.
How to eat spinach for weight loss?
To stay slim, you can eat this tasty and healthy plant both fresh and frozen, boiled and even canned. In the latter cases, after heat treatment, of course, there will be several less vitamins and minerals. But boiled or canned spinach is an excellent filling for pies and omelets.
This herb can be used as a side dish or seasoning for soups, cheese casseroles, omelets and salads. Thanks to its neutral taste, spinach produces very tasty and healthy smoothies and cocktails.
So as soon as possible include in your diet this useful and very affordable product. Enrich your body with nutrients with it and lose weight on health!
Spinach is famous for a huge variety of vitamins and minerals
The fact that carbohydrates and fats are present in this leaf vegetable isn’t completely right. Its caloric content is extremely low (only 23 calories per 100 grams). It makes it very attractive and effective for all those who want to lose weight and keep weight normal.
At the same time, including the leaves of this plant in the diet, you will undoubtedly improve your body.
The benefits of this herb are huge to the whole body
It gives a lot of energy and strength, which is often lacking during illness or exhaustion. Herb soothes the nervous system. Spinach protects the cardiovascular system. It boosts immunity.
Spinach stimulates bone growth in children. Herb normalizes the bowels. It recognized as a natural antioxidant. Also, spinach is used in the treatment of many diseases (hypertension, atherosclerosis, enterocolitis, vitamin deficiency, pancreatitis, sore throat).
Absolutely everyone can use this herb:
The elderly, the child, and even pregnant. It helps the body to better absorb vitamin D, which is necessary for the strength of bones. Due to the antioxidant properties, it is good to use spinach for cancer, especially if you have been prescribed a course of radiation therapy.
Enough to attach to the site of bite his mashed leaves. This will help to quickly extinguish inflammation and pain.
In cosmetology, spinach is not the last place
With it, you can nourish, moisturize, cleanse and tone up the skin. On the Internet, you can easily find recipes for masks that help preserve the youth and beauty of your skin, which is easy to prepare at home.
A diet based on regular consumption of spinach is popular not only among those who want to lose weight, but also among those who just want to cleanse and improve their body a little.
It is not for nothing that since ancient times. Sometimes we are believed that spinach is the source of youth. Many are interested in what can replace spinach in a diet? The product is rich in vitamins of groups C and E. Those have a powerful antioxidant effect.
As you know:
This allows you to slow down the aging process. Spinach is also enriched with magnesium, calcium, zinc and manganese. It improves digestive processes, cardiovascular function and blood circulation.
How to avoid weight regain after the diet?
Although during the diet on spinach you will eat quite nourishingly, the body will still have time to withdraw from high-calorie and fatty foods, so you should not go back to such products immediately after completing the course.
This may entail not only the return of weight but also disturbances in the work of the digestive and metabolic processes.
How to replace spinach in the diet?
As you can see, the menu of this diet focuses on boiled and baked foods. In this regard, in the future should continue to prepare dishes in just such ways. Also, continue to regularly eat vegetables (especially spinach), fresh fruits, cereals and protein foods (fish, poultry, meat, eggs, etc.).
The real health benefits of spinach for women and men in the treatment of various disorders of the body should not read in the reviews on the Internet, and in books on medicine. And then suddenly: detox is a procedure with unproven effectiveness and. It really need if you really want to, only to strong and healthy people, so as not to hurt yourself.
An overweight organism is unhealthy by definition, so create an additional burden of forced recovery … Think for yourself.
The diet is fraught with danger.
Many people prefer not to recall. Is weight leaving?
Goes away! If you then think that you are doing everything possible to fight those extra pounds, then … self-justification suffices. Take a look at reality – the consequences of such a diet.
To gain the necessary amount of calories for an adult person on a spinach diet, greens will have to eat in buckets. In such a situation, spinach will vomit around the evening of the second day. The benefit with such a mono-ration can turn into harm due to the oversaturation of the body with the very vitamins and microelements with which the plant is so rich.
- First of all, the body begins to burn muscle tissue – it is easier, faster and more efficient. Exercise during such diets is an effort and potential harm to health because you can earn a lot of microtraumas and more than one week to suffer from krepatur.
- In addition, the lack of calories is literally a lack of energy for your daily existence. Hunger becomes obsessive. The body turns on the “hunger strike” mode, because of which the weight loss is small. That is why it is possible to get rid of just a few pounds on such a diet.
- Metabolism slows down, lethargy comes as a defensive reaction against the loss of precious energy.
Is spinach good for you: lose weight fast with this method
Spinach is among the top ten rich foods that have the greatest nutritional value. The bright green leaves of spinach contain lutein, chlorophyll, and carotenoids. Such a complex is of great value for the health of the eye retina.
The leafy veggie also contains bioflavonoids, which positively affects your skin. The complex of vitamins has a strong antioxidant effect, slowing the aging process. The diet is good even for those people who are actively doing sports because its use affects the speed of muscle tissue recovery.
If you intend to keep this ingredient on your daily menu, you can combine it with any type of protein, including milk casein. Negative effects of such a diet can lead to an upset stomach. In order to avoid this, try not to eat dishes made with spinach and fresh milk during one meal.