All of us feel guilty after giving into something sweet’s temptation. Especially if that is some desert, candy, cake or cupcake, which all children very like. We want to treat them, but after reading the structure’s ingredients on the back of the package, the willingness to buy the product disappears immediately.
Our culinary editorial staff recommends you to try preparing healthy sweets, which will be beneficial and with no adverse effect on your health. They have a lot of vitamins, are quite nutritious and contain neither eggs nor sugar. That comes in handy even for those who are on a diet or are vegetarians.
Five delicious recipes for sweet-tooth
150 g of walnuts, raisin, prune and apricot halves;
For seasoning you can use the coconut shaving, sesame, papaver, cacao, crushed almonds.
- Leave your dried fruits in the cold water for an hour, then drain slightly and put into the blender. Form with the received mass in some circles. Roll them in the seasoning.
- You can put some frozen cherries or a whole almond inside. You can also shape such candies like pyramids, and sprinkle some crushed nuts or pomegranate seeds on the top.
- 2 bananas
- 300 g dates
- 400 g cereal
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 150 g coconut shaving
- Leave some dates in cold water for a few hours, then take out all the stones and blend. Add bananas and blend until the structure is smooth.
- Combine the mixture with dry ingredients (cereal, seeds and coconut shaving). Place the baking paper on the baking sheet put the dough there as well, roll it out, so the thickness would be about 1-2 cm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and leave there your dough for 10 minutes.
- When you see your masterpiece turns brown, take it out of the oven and cool down. Afterwards, cut it into some rectangles and leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 450 g walnuts
- 125 g raisin
- 1 tbsp groound cinnemon
- 1 orange
- 250 g dates
For cream you will need 2 bananas and 100 g of apricot halves
- Leave all dried fruits in cold water for 1-2 hours beforehand
- Put dried fruits and nuts into the blender. Add some orange rind and the fruit juice as well, do not forget to sprinkle some cinnamon, mix thoroughly.
- Put the dough on a plate and shape the layer like a circle.
- Afterwards, blend bananas and halves. With recently made cream cover your layer.
The cake is ready. You can either adore it with the chocolate or coconut shaving, or place some fresh or frozen berries and pieces of fruits on top. Once you did so, put and leave the cake in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Slice and serve.
Muffins made of dried fruits
- 2 glasses flour
- 1/2 glass oatmeal or wheat cereal
30 g of apricot halves, raisin, and dried cherries
- 1 apple
- 1/2 glass grape juice
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Leave all dried fruits for half an hour
- During that period cut the apple into small cubes. In the separate dish run the cereal over with juice, add oil, flour and baking powder.
- Blend everything (apart from apple pieces) until the mixture is smooth.
- The dough should be as thick as the sour cream. If it is thicker—add juice, too thin—add a little bit of flour.
- Afterwards, add chopped apples and raisin.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Pour the dough into the silicone baking tins for muffins ( fill the 2/3 of each one). Bake for about 20 minutes.
When your muffins are ready, sprinkle either the cacao or sugar powder, or some cinnamon on top of each one.
- 2 glasses wholewheat flour
- 1/2 glass frozen or fresh cherries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp freezing water
- Take out all cherry stones and put berries into the blender
- Add oil, cherry purée, honey and water to the flour
- Stir thoroughly until the substance is smooth.
- Divide it into 2 unequal parts ( one for about 2/3 and the other one for 1/3).
- Put the dough in the fridge for 40 minutes
- During that time we should prepare our filling. Any fruits and berries available in your house will be useful: kiwi, bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries blackberries, currants.
- When the dough is finally chilled, take a big piece and place it on the large baking tin, make some edges and put some fruits. Afterwards, cover it with the leftover small piece of dough and roll up those recently made edges.
- Put the pie into preheated to the 180 °C beforehand oven and leave it to bake for about an hour.
The mentioned recipes are good examples of taste combined with diet. Who said that if one’s on a menu, he or she cannot eat delicious and sweet desserts? Nowadays you can do everything! So cook and enjoy. Bon appetit!