We all know that natural butter is a product made of cow milk. It consists of about 80% fat. Considering its high-fat content, lots of people are searching for the variants replacing it. Especially people who lead a healthy way of life or just want to lose weight. The fact is, that recent researchers show its negative influence on heart and health in general. All in all, not every product contains such an amount of fat. Besides, it contains cholesterol and phospholipids.
In fact, most of us love bakery products (cakes, pies, cookies) and cannot imagine his life without them. A healthy substitute for butter is a perfect alternative when baking low-calorie dishes. Actually, there are many substitutes. Let’s view more about them!
Healthy substitutes for butter in baking
Many vegetable oils possess amazing useful properties. Moreover, each of them has its own peculiar features, that other oils do not possess. That is why it is recommended to add some kinds of oils to your ration.
1. COCONUT OIL
Recently this product has acquired a bad reputation. The problem may be connected with the fact that people overdid with its usage. However, in reasonable quantities, this substitute is a healthy choice.
Anyway, dishes with its addition turn out really delicious. Cooking cupcakes and toasts with it are widespread nowadays. Coconut oil will perfectly go in almost any homemade recipe. This substitute will add a pleasant sweetness and a delicious coconut flavoring to most dishes.
2. SHEA BUTTER
Shea butter benefits much more than just help to heal the skin. This product is edible, filled with antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamin E.
Shea butter is on the list of ingredients for some chocolate sweets. Its small amount can be used in almost everything. Mind, that you should better purchase the substitute only in raw form, in small quantities. The oil quickly becomes rancid.
3. COCOA BUTTER
Another alternative that is considered healthy fat. It is used to make chocolate, has a high content of antioxidants and is a source of polyphenols. According to one study, polyphenols can actually help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Other benefits include improved immunity and reduced infection in the body. However, always make sure there are no additives. Try using it in baking instead of regular substitute of butter.
4. AVOCADO OIL
The avocado puree is one of the most delicious healthy fats. Toasts with it have become extremely popular. Making mashed avocado, you get a great spread. It is perfectly combined with eggs and adds an amazing taste to your smoothie.
Avocados have many nutritional benefits. This exotic fruit is filled with fiber and phytonutrients. Studies have shown that avocados can help reduce the growth of cancer cells and infection.
5. OLIVE OIL
Natural olive oil is a great way to add a slight taste to different dishes. Besides, it has many additional benefits. Olive oil reduces infection, the risk of heart disease and depression.
Not all olive oil is created in the same way. There are many fake ones, so make sure it is natural. Actually, this product cannot be cheap. Look for the stamp of the international council, check the date of harvest on the label. Oils packed in dark bottles are the best.
Applesauce is perfect for baking. Besides, it adds some flavor to your oatmeal pudding. Thanks to him, you get fiber and vitamin C. Applesauce is an excellent sweet with a small number of calories. However, there is still some sugar in it. Read the label to know how much sauce to use. You can mix it with peanut butter to make a really delicious, healthy mixture.
7. NUT BUTTERS
There are many variants – almond, cashew, peanut. They are perfectly combined with bananas, toast, vegetable saute, also are extremely useful. Almond, for example, contains vitamin E, iron and magnesium.
The key point of using is quantity. Two tablespoons is a serving containing about 180 calories. However, you need to read labels, because many add lots of sugar. A way out of this situation is the grinding of nuts on your own. Or buy a product containing only nuts.
- 250 ml of coconut oil;
- 100 gr. white or brown sugar;
- 1 tsp vanilla;
- 2 eggs;
- 190 gr. wheat flour;
- 2 glasses of oatmeal;
- 1 cup of coconut shavings;
- 1 tsp. soda baking powder and cinnamon;
- a pinch of nutmeg;
- a pinch of salt;
- 3 tbsp. of dried cranberries;
- 3 tbsp. l raisins.
- Mix coconut oil with a mixer or a whisk with sugar.
- Add one egg, whisk and add the second egg, continuing to beat.
- Add vanillin.
- Mix separately dry ingredients - flour, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and coconut chips. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients and coconut oil with egg and sugar.
- Add raisins and cranberries.
- Roll the balls with your hands and lightly palm it. Put the blank biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 1 pc. Avocado
- 100 g Coconut Sugar
- 1 pc. Chicken Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 120 g Cocoa powder without sugar
- 60 g Dark chocolate
- 40 g Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- Pulp avocado mash with a fork in the puree. Add sugar, vanilla extract and egg. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Combine the previously prepared mass with a mixture of dry ingredients. Add chopped chocolate with a sharp knife. Stir the dough.
- Put the dough in a tablespoon on a baking tray covered with parchment. Bake cookies in an oven preheated to 150 ° C for 8-10 minutes.
- 300 gr. flour;
- 200 gr. coconut oil;
- 4 yolks;
- 100 gr. Sahara;
- 0.5 tsp. ginger;
- 1 tsp baking powder;
- 402 gr. coconut shavings;
- 2 gr. vanilla.
- Mix sugar, baking powder, ginger, and vanilla.
- Beat the yolks with a fork or whisk. Add sugar and whisk again until smooth, without any grains of sugar.
- Add softened coconut oil to whipped yolks and mix.
- Gently add the sifted flour and continue kneading the dough.
- Separate a small piece from the dough and roll it with your hands into an oblong rope. Cut harness into sticks and roll each in coconut chips.
- Put the coconut fingers on a baking tray covered with parchment.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Conclusion: Useful properties of coconut oil for your body
Nowadays coconut oil has become quite popular in many spheres, not only nutrition. This oil of tropical origin has a unique chemical composition. Actually, it is extracted from the edible pulp of coconut. So, what is its effect on our health?
- Coconut oil strengthens the immune system and protects the body against viruses. It also reduces the ability of viruses to adapt to antibiotics.
- This oil helps to lose weight, because it speeds up the metabolism, not turning into fat reserves.
- It reduces cholesterol, cleans blood vessels and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases.
- Coconut oil improves digestion and helps cleanse the intestines.
- Consequently, it reduces the risk of cancer.