There are lots of different smoothie recipes for weight loss with cabbage. Tasty, refreshing and fat-burning cocktails are widely used by healthy nutrition followers as well as by people losing weight. Besides, highly popular is cabbage diet. Different kinds of this vegetable possess not less useful content.
Despite its peculiar appearance, cauliflower is a kind of the cabbage. The value of this vegetable confirms this identity. Cauliflower is famous not only due to its taste but also to its unique content, which makes it a highly useful product. It is much more than ordinary cabbage! It contains vitamin C and protein, many vitamins PP, A, group B, as well as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, and iron. Healthy mashed cauliflower prevents some chronical diseases. Let’s get to know more about this vegetable!
Beneficial Properties of Cauliflower for weight loss
This vegetable is great for losing weight. Its impact from this point of view is versatile:
- It is a low-calorie product;
- the tartronic acid in its content prevents the conversion of carbohydrates entering the body into body fat;
- the body spends 50% more energy on digesting this plant than other vegetables;
- Vitamin U in cabbage helps to cope with depression, which often accompanies periods of food restriction.
Top 5 Cauliflower Smoothies for Weight Loss
- 2 medium broccoli
- 2 medium cauliflower
- 1 stalk celery sticks
- 100 ml. soy or ordinary natural yogurt you can substitute kefir
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Wash two kinds of cabbage in warm water: broccoli and cauliflower. We used frozen vegetables in the recipe.
- The taste will also remain if you add fresh cabbage blossoms.
- Wash celery in running water. If you use the fresh lemon juice in the preparation, then squeeze out the required amount immediately.
- Throw broccoli and cauliflower in the blender bowl. For convenience, cut the celery stalk into small cubes and roll it.
- Pour in the same pine nuts. You can pre-dry them a little to a golden shade on a hot frying pan.
- Add lemon juice to enhance flavour.
- At least, pour the yoghurt. It is better to choose a dairy product without filler, so as not to destroy the pleasant taste of vegetables.
- Mix in the blender for approximately one minute. The contents of the bowl immediately pour into glasses.
- 200 g cauliflower
- 400 ml carrot
- 2 pcs. carrot
- 1 drop tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pcs. tomatoes
- Boil the tomatoes, make cross-shaped cuts.
- Then pour over ice water and remove the skin.
- Cut the pulp and whisk in a blender until smooth.
- In the boiling water, blanch the cauliflower for 3 minutes, pre-disassembled into inflorescences.
- Beat in a blender. Add carrot juice (listed as carrots – 400 ml) and tomato puree and beat again.
- Salt to taste and if you like spicy, add Tabasco sauce. Enjoy your meal!
- 250 ml Carrot Juice
- 50 gr Cauliflower
- 1 pc Tomato
- 125 gr Carrots
- 1 pc Celery stalk
- Cauliflower or dried brown seaweed
- ¼ tsp. Ground kukurma
- Slightly boil and chop the cauliflower.
- Pour the tomato with boiling water, easily peel off the skin and cut it.
- Peel carrots, boil, chop.
- All the ingredients placed in the bowl of the blender tightly closed with a lid and mixed at a low speed of 30 seconds.
- Then gradually increase the speed to the maximum and mix another 30 seconds until a homogeneous mass.
- 250 ml Milk
- 175 gr Cauliflower
- ¼ pcs Onion
- 50 gr Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. Thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Boil and chop the cauliflower.
- Onions cleaned from the peel, cut.
- Sliced cheddar cheese, oregano leaves and thyme.
- Boil the milk, put 125 ml in the blender bowl, add cauliflower, onion, cheese, oregano, and thyme.
- Tightly close the lid of the blender and mix at a low speed of 30 seconds.
- Without stopping the blender, add the remaining hot milk, increase the speed to the maximum and mix another 30 seconds to obtain a homogeneous mass.
- Ready salami smoothie, optionally decorate with parsley and cucumber rings.
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 pc. green apple
- 1 pc. lime or lemon
- 2 handfuls spinach can be replaced with celery
- 2 leaves Mint
- If you bought fresh broccoli, then crumble it in a bowl, if frozen, wash thoroughly with warm water and send it to the blender.
- Beat the ingredient number 1 to a thick consistency.
- Add half a lime to broccoli; it will give a new taste to the product and contribute to a higher release of juice.
- An apple can be either peeled or peeled. It all depends on what kind of smoothie you want to get at the end: more sour or sweetish. Cut into slices and add to broccoli and lime.
- Throw spinach there.
- Beat all the ingredients with a blender, pour into a beautiful glass and decorate with mint.
- If the smoothie is a bit cloying, add half a teaspoon of sugar or honey; if tart, use kiwi or a banana instead of an apple the next time.
Conclusion: How much cauliflowers can you eat per day?
- Adults who do not suffer from severe chronic diseases and do not have contraindications can use the vegetable without restriction – it is only relevant to listen to your body.
- During pregnancy, it is better to start using it with a minimum amount (50 g) and gradually increase the portion. Frequency – 2-3 times a week.
- Nursing mothers can include the vegetable in their diet as early as 3-4 weeks after childbirth. You should also start with a minimum amount, the maximum amount per day should not exceed 200 g.
- Paediatricians usually advise babies to include the plant into complementary foods from 4-5 months old, starting with 1/4-1/2 tsp per day. Be sure to monitor the baby’s well-being during the day. The frequency of use – 1-2 times a week.
- For people suffering from gastritis or gastric ulcer, the maximum amount of cabbage per day is 100-150 g.